This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• He don't like ugly!

Would have posted this yesterday evening as it happened yesterday, but I was doing my Nano project. (Up to 4,000 words!) As well as denying myself access to FFVI advance and the world's best villain ever until I hit the day's quota.

A customer with a WIC check comes through my line. She's fine, perfectly nice, and I notice that she has the wrong sort of rice.

I tell her this and start to wait for a CSM to arrive, and after the wait of a few minutes, I hear her snap at the woman behind her.

Me - .....Me
    PM - Patient Mom
    SC - Self-explanatory

PM: I don't need an attitude, you know. (Apparently, the SC was snatching her things from the belt rather hatefully)
    SC: Well I don't need to stand here all day!

Keeping in mind the wait had been only around two minutes or so. SC leaves for another line and I continue scanning for PM, and I think it's over, but no.

PM passes a crying infant on her way out from my line and...

SC: Guess he doesn't much like you. He don't like ugly!
    My Guide to Oblivion

"I resent the implication that I've gone mad, Sprocket."

If you're impatient or upset, I'll give the obligatory "sorry" and do what I can to make things better. I may not think well of you, but I also won't remember you two minutes from now. After all, we all have times when we're in a hurry and get short-tempered. Besides, lengthy transactions are annoying for everyone and I can appreciate the aggravation.

Step into the realm of just plain mean, however, and you'll not only piss me off (which is your goal), but you'll show the world just how sad and lonely your life must be. I'll hope you have good insurance, because I won't expect anyone to take care of you when you get older. Once I cool my head, I'll just be sad on your behalf.
    A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

The PM tried to apologize, but of course, once the SC got going...well...
      My Guide to Oblivion

"I resent the implication that I've gone mad, Sprocket."

Comment

That's just sad. I hate how people can just be so rude when they're not the ones with the problem.
        Oh wook at teh widdle babeh dwaggin! How cyuuute babeh dwag-AAAAAAAUUUGGGHHHH! *nom*
        http://jennovazombie.deviantart.com

Comment

The PM gets a hug for not dumping the rice on the lady :P
          SC just gets nothing. not even a five cent door prize. Rudeness isn't fair.

Comment

two whole minutes = eternity.

wow, how does she handle regular appointments??
            look! it's ghengis khan!
            Sorry, but while I can do many things, extracting heads from anuses isn't one of them. (so sayeth the irv)

Comment

Quoth Tama View Post
              "Then he must be horribly traumatized by you!"

It's a grocery store. Waits are inevitable. Put on your big girl panties and deal with it, without being rude to your fellow customers!
              I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
              My LiveJournal
              A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Quoth chainedbarista View Post
                two whole minutes = eternity.
                Surprisingly, it can be. Of course, it depends on the circumstances. Many of the scans I do involve taking 1-2 minute images every so often. It's amazing how long even 1 minute can be when you're waiting on it. Or if you have titchy doc breathing down your neck.

But not in a grocery store. A 2-minute wait in a grocery store is not that bad.
                I am no longer of capable of the emotion you humans call “compassion”. Though I can feign it in exchange for an hourly wage. (Gravekeeper)

Comment

I wonder what he thinks of bad grammar?
                  When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

if he don't like ugly, he must be howling at home all the time.
                    look! it's ghengis khan!
                    Sorry, but while I can do many things, extracting heads from anuses isn't one of them. (so sayeth the irv)

Comment

Working...
                    X