Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Figure Out What You Want First! (long)

Some sucky customer, some sucky manager.

Manager A foisted this lovely specimen off on me. She knew he would be a PITA and told me, smiling, "Oh this guy always gets a lot of money orders!" Bitch.

Scene: Noontime and a somewhat calm and happy ralerin is on register-calm and happy because she has had a cup of coffee. Cashier A has just gone for her lunch and ralerin knows when cashier A comes back, then ralerin gets to go for her lunch! Yay! Being noontime, it is also semi-busy. Manager S1 and manager A are hovering about, manager A snapping at me about putting away the tobacco and pulling apart next week's ad and freaking out about baskets-simply being herself.

So guy comes up to me and gets about 20 bottles of "Starschmucks" frappamakebelieveachino drinks we sell at my Aid of Rite for approximately $3 apiece. I'm surprised he didn't blow his shit at the price, no sales and he didn't have enough points on his "Healthiness +" card to get a discount either. So he has a backpack and puts about 14 into his backpack and trying to close the zipper. He asks me whether I want to help him close the bag. I pick up a zipper, try to pull it up and it's not going.

"Sir it won't fit."

"Yeah it will. *grunt, strain, rivers of sweat pour down over his face*

The fingers that touched the zipper are coated in a layer of filth. I quickly pull out my hand sanitizer and use it. Guy is taking up my counterspace, oblivious to the people behind him, grunting and straining to stuff his drinks into the bag. I finally get tired of waiting and skip to the next register. S1 looks at me and wonders what I'm doing. Finally, there's no line and Guy gets his drinks stuffed away and takes the others with him. I'm putting away the tobacco shipment.

"Oh, ralerin!" manager A calls. "There's someone waiting for you at money order!"

It's Guy again so I go up to take his money order.

"2 money orders for $280.00."

"Ok, will it be $200 for one and $80 for the other?"

"NO!!! 2 for $280.00 EACH!"

"Ok!"

"And 2 for $100 EACH!"

"Ok your total is $770." (well it was 760-something and change but for the sake of argument we'll just call it 770).

Guy starts counting out his money and I pick up a bill stack to mark with my pen.

"DON'T TOUCH THAT! I NEED TO SEE WHAT I HAVE!"

"Ok, but may I mark them as we go along?"

"*grunt*"

So I mark the bills.

"I don't have enough, can I put some on my card?"

"Oh no, money orders are cash only."

"WHAT?!? SO IF I GO GET MONEY FROM THE ATM YOU CAN'T USE IT?!?" *oceans of sweat are pouring off him now; he gets some on the counter, doesn't bother to wipe it off.*

"The money you pull from the ATM, yes, but not the card itself."

"I want to go with my original plan. One for $270.00."

"Ok, manager A, void this out please?"

*manager A comes by and snarks about how she can do it better.*

"Ok so you said one for $270.00?"

"WERE YOU NOT LISTENING?!? I SAID $280.00!"

"Ok manager A can you void this out for me?"

*manager A snarks about how she can do it better, and I tell her "Ok you are more than welcome to, I want to get back to my own register."

"Oh no ralerin you are right there you can handle it."

"* at manager A* So I have one money order for $280.00, yes?"

"YES."

"Ok, here you go, you have a nice day."

Guy says something about how it's not my fault but he can go get the rest somewhere else. I am secretly cheering inside. Guy is at the money order register for 15 minutes afterward counting his money into piles and taking his sweet time. I finally get bored and skip to the next register to get the line down.

Bonus: The Drunken Handshake

I should count myself lucky I've not been inappropriately touched or harassed by them, but I hate drunken yobbos. I had one come in, smelling like he bathed in beer, too early in the afternoon, purchasing dog snacks and biscuits for his puppy. Then he wanted to shake my hand. I let him and then immediately applied hand sanitizer afterwards.
    Last edited by ralerin; 11-05-2010, 02:11 AM.
    Success is not final, failure is not fatal: It is the courage to continue that counts.-Winston Churchill

You know after awhile that hand sanitizer will do no good.

Comment

Quoth Aethian View Post
      You know after awhile that hand sanitizer will do no good.
      Not unless it's humanly possible to achieve a level of intoxication that renders you sterile in every sense of the word.
      My other car is a Mackinaw.

Comment

I only use it if I get seriously disgusting people and don't get the chance to go wash my hands.
        Success is not final, failure is not fatal: It is the courage to continue that counts.-Winston Churchill

Comment

Quoth ZedOmega View Post
          Not unless it's humanly possible to achieve a level of intoxication that renders you sterile in every sense of the word.
          I was talking about 'washing' away foul germs. Exactly what are you talking about cause I'm confused.

Comment

Working...
          X