Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What a week so far (kinda long and frustrating)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What a week so far (kinda long and frustrating)

I am starting to think me or my whole store is channeling GK or a few others here

Not enough MONEY

we had TWO of these on Monday same basic conversavtion at the door

CSS - Cheap shit scammer wannabe
    D - Delivery driver

D - <repeats order at door> and your total is $xx.xx
    CSS - BUT I only have $5
    D - <repeats total>
    CSS - but i ONLY HAVE $5!!!!!
    D - well if you do not have enough money for the whole order I am sorry but I will not pay for all or PART OF ANYONES order. I guess this will be going back to the store.

variation

D - Your order total is $12.92
    CSS - BUT I ONLY HAVE $11

lather, rinse, repeat. you were EXPLICTLY TOLD the order total either on the phone or on the ordering website, there is NO excuse after that.

Big BILL Rant Infinity + Infinity

Monday and Tuesday were the worst

both nights within the space of one LITTLE HOUR I was handed a $50 or a $100 bill for a smallish order like $13 - $15 THREE FUCKING TIMES

the really madening thing was 3 out of the 6 people have previously been told WE DO NOT CARRY THAT MUCH CHANGE NOR CAN WE GO AND GET CHANGE.

Address Rant #4654848898838

about 11:30pm a customer places an internet order. This is NOT a new customer. I get the delivery. the address on the ticket is 123 Z St Apt 102. I get the delivery

I arrive at the apt building. nothing special. I go to apt 102 and knock. a person in another apt opens their door and sees me. the following conversation follows:

Me - GREY????? NAAAAAA I am starting to LOOSE hair now
    DA - Dumbass stoney

DA - HEY pizza guy
    me - yes
    DA - we ordered pizza down here
    me - <thinking yeah right. just trying to get someone elses order> what did you order???
    DA - <reels off order I have in my hand>
    me - well I have the address as 123 Z St apt 102 <DA is apt 103> and this order was placed over the internet. <now hoping that I DID NOT wake up or disturb apt 102>

AGAIN this was not a new customer. **** shakes head *******

IT is STILL not cute or funny
    esp when my tips are involved.

I get a delivery that has a prior credit on it. the total is $9.76.

lazy parent sends 7 year old to the door to get the order. 7 year old looks at the money parent has given them, looks at me. then stuffs 2 or 3 dollar bills in his pocket, hands me a $10 bill takes the pizza and shuts the door.

Communication is ESSENTIAL

I get order to an apt building from a new customer.

the address is 1114 X St Apt #1. I roll up and ring the front door buzzer. nothing <insert crickets chirping loudly> I ring the buzzer again..................

an older woman opens her door then the front door. I ask her if they had ordered pizza. NOPE.. Ok I say sorry to bother you.

First I call the store and verify from the order taker that the address is indeed correct < not the first time a new customer has given a wrong address> address is correct ande verified.

Call the phone number on the ticket. DAMN voice mail. I leave a message asking for confirmation of the order and the address.

I turn to leave and I am almost at my car door. all of a sudden the lady who answered the door before opens her door AND my phone goes off. the lady says her "daughter " or daughter's boyfriend might have ordered. the person on the phone with a really BAD connection (or the person just could not speak clearly) tells me THEY ordered pizza. I ask them to verifiy the address.

They tell me what they ordered. NOT GOOD ENOUGH I ask for the address again. they tell me the ORDER AGAIN. I again ask for the address. they tell me 1114 X St Apt 1.

I explain that the person AT THAT ADDRESS says they did not order any food. NOW the daughter comes out and says they ordered pizza. she apologises and pays for the order.

at least the daughter did tip well.

BUT FOR THE LOVE OF THE Flying Spagetti Monster WHY DID YOU NOT TELL MOM IN THE LIVING ROOM THAT YOU WERE ORDERING PIZZA??????
    I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
    -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Quoth Racket_Man View Post
    BUT FOR THE LOVE OF THE Flying Spagetti Monster WHY DID YOU NOT TELL MOM IN THE LIVING ROOM THAT YOU WERE ORDERING PIZZA??????
    Probably related to Boss Man. He ordered pizza for the staff without telling me. Pizza got delivered to the Front Desk...pizza delivery gal and I both stand there with a until Laundry Lady wandered in and was like, "Oh yeah, that's Boss Man's pizza."
    Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Comment

Or how about, I dunno, hanging around near the front door so you notice when the pizza guy arrives, so you can answer the door yourself, money in hand?

Too complicated?
      When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Working...
      X