X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I control both cable & nature apparently

More fun with cable customers!

C: Can you have the sun turned back on, mam? I’m tired of the rain.

C : Hey, help me with my cable issue, please.
    Me: OK, how may I help you?
    C: (silence)
    Me: Sir?
    C: Yes, I’m looking at you.
    Me: What?
    C: Yup.

C: Hey…I’m just some schmuck who has broken his cable box.

Me: OK sir, let me get your name & address, please.
    C: OK…you mean from me?
    The universe is mostly empty space, and so is your job. ~Dilbert

Quoth Phone Jockey View Post
    I suspect this person was just spreading random bits of confusion, trying to lighten people's days.

This guy, probably thought you could get his info from his hone number.

^-.-^
    Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

I get these. If I say "I need to get your phone number," I get silence. Apparently they think I'm lifting it from somewhere without their help. We don't have caller ID. I have to be careful to say "May I have your phone number please?" Otherwise they don't understand what I want.
      When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Quoth MoonCat View Post
        I get these. If I say "I need to get your phone number," I get silence. Apparently they think I'm lifting it from somewhere without their help. We don't have caller ID. I have to be careful to say "May I have your phone number please?" Otherwise they don't understand what I want.
        Yep. I get this one ALL. THE. TIME. This morning, in fact:

Me: And where do you work?
        SC: Oh... in [City].
        Me: ... For which COMPANY?

Comment

now telejockey, all you need to do is harness the time/space continuum and you have all you need to rule the universe...mua ha ha ha!
          look! it's ghengis khan!
          Sorry, but while I can do many things, extracting heads from anuses isn't one of them. (so sayeth the irv)

Comment

Quoth Versalia View Post
            Me: And where do you work?
            SC: Oh... in [City].
            Me: ... For which COMPANY?
            Well, you do have to admit that as useless as the answer was, the SC did answer the question as it was posed.

When I get incoming CS calls, one of my first questions is, "What company are you with?" Mostly because I can get to all areas that I might need from the company record.

^-.-^
            Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Quoth MoonCat View Post
              I got this in the church office once - a woman had called to ask if we could remove her from the mailing list for our monthly newsletter, and I think she assumed that we had caller I.D., because she didn't identify herself until I asked for her name.

Comment

Every once in a while, I get a phone cal from someone who wants to reorder a previous job and they'll just tell me their first name. I'll take as much information as I can, then wait until they're just about to hang up before saying...

"There's just one more thing I need to know... Who are you?"

Some seem genuinely surprised that I know more than one person named Dave...
                "Kamala the Ugandan Giant" 1950-2020 • "Bullet" Bob Armstrong 1939-2020 • "Road Warrior Animal" 1960-2020 • "Zeus" Tiny Lister Jr. 1958-2020 • "Hacksaw" Butch Reed 1954-2021 • "New Jack" Jerome Young 1963-2021 • "Mr. Wonderful" Paul Orndorff 1949-2021 • "Beautiful" Bobby Eaton 1958-2021 • Daffney 1975-2021

Comment

I get a lot of "Would you connect me to receiving?" or similar. Then they are stunned when I say "I need a name to connect you to." Da rules here say, you don't get connected if you do not know a name. Period. And a full name. Not "Bob" or "George" or "Beyonce"..and absolutely not "Purchasing", "Management", or such. However..there is one we will do..."Security." Yep..we will connect that call
                  Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

More fun with cable customers!

Sorry. That might have been me. 10 days of rain and a nasty cold at the same time, cold meds do funny things to my brain.

Though I don't remember any issues with the cable, so it might not have been me. But I haven't had a spell of rain this long since I left the Wet Coast, and that also does funny things to my brain.

Hmm, maybe I need a beer. Yes, that would be a good idea.
                    What colour is the sky in your world and how high of a dosage do you need before it turns back to blue? --Gravekeeper

Comment

Quoth Andara Bledin View Post
                      Well, you do have to admit that as useless as the answer was, the SC did answer the question as it was posed.
                      According to an old joke, the SC worked for Microsoft.

I knew that had to be the MICROSOFT building because they gave me a technically correct but completely useless answer.
                      "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

The joke's older than that.

The classic variant usually uses mathematicians for the butt.

^-.-^

Comment

Working...
                        X