This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thank you miss obvious...

I only started in retail last week (supermarket checkouts) and I have already come across one sucky customer.

Customer had bought two tealight holders and wanted them wrapped to keep them safe. We only had our carrier bags so I was putting it in the bag, twisting it to seal it and folding it back the other way... the second one of them I obviously didn't twist it far enough and it fell out and broke.

Customer went to get another one and I had to wait for her to get back. It seemed to take her three times as long to do so as would have been sensible and the next customer started complaining.

Customer got back (finally!) and said "Now, don't drop this one" and simpers "Isn't it funny, I wanted to protect them from breaking accidentally and look what happened! . All I said was that I was sorry and hoped she had a good day.

I hope she wasn't our mystery shopper we were expecting this week!
    I am so SO glad I was not present for this. There would have been an unpleasant duct tape incident. - Joi

I couldn't hear her tone of voice. If she was being nasty about it, she was definitely suck. Otherwise it was an "Oh well, that's what I get..." which I do pretty frequently (you can be damn well sure if I try not to break something, I'm gonna break it ). You handled it very courteously though.
    Last edited by Dips; 11-19-2010, 11:41 AM.

Comment

Working...
    X