This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Shoe Saga: Episode II: Attack of the Boots

An update on my previous story that is worthy of it's own thread.

I mentioned in my previous tale, that the school had a strict uniform policy. When it comes to shoes, all students are to wear FLAT black shoes. Also, if girls choose to wear a skirt, it must be knee length or more (important)

A girl got into trouble because she was wearing a seriously short skirt (belt length) and along with the skirt, she was wearing a pair of knee length leather boot, which had some major stiletto heels attached to them. If that had been my daughter, there would have been absolutely no way she would have went to school dressed like that. She looked as though she was going out to stand on street corners and pick up men.

She was pulled into a senior member of staffs office, and told that if she came into school dressed like that again, she would be sent home. She was made to spend her entire day working in an empty classroom alone, and a letter was sent home to her parents.

Guess who her mother was!!

At the end of the day, she stormed up to the desk where I was working. Her face was red, and I noticed that her hair was a mess, as if she had tried to tear it out!

"How dare you?!! How dare you?!!"

I could not think of anything else to say except "How dare I what?"

"So, you looooooooose two pairs of my son's shoes, and now you tell my daughter her shoes are unsuitable?!?! You really are doing this on purpose aren't you?!"

I was chewing the inside of my mouth, trying not to laugh.

"Do you have any idea what I am going through!? I have had to buy my son two new pairs of shoes, and now I have to do the same with my daaaaaaaugghter!!"

I tried to calm her down, I told her the school uniform policy, and how her daughter should have been aware of it (she is in her final year) and asked her to simply tell her daughter to wear her old shoes.

"I threw the old shoes awaaaaaaaay!"

Well, tough shit really. I told her that there was no way any of the staff were going to accept those boots (and the skirt) and that they were going to have to be replaced. The students are sent a letter home at the end of each term, reminding them of the uniform policies, so there was no excuse for her showing up dressed like that.

"Can I speak to a manager?!"

WTF?? I told her everyone had gone home for the day.

"Then you call them at home, right now!!"

It took all my strength not to say "I am not your bitch". I decided to treat her like the little child she was.

Me: Do not use that tone with me. I am not here to answer your demands. I have tried being polite and sympathetic to you for over a month now, but I have had enough of your attitude.

I handed her a piece of paper and a pen.

Me: Write down everything you want to say on that piece of paper, and I will put it in a member of senior staff's office. *very sweetly* And don't forget to include your phone number!

She stood there for about five minutes, scribbing down her "feelings". She was writing in a very violent manner, as though she was stopping herself from stabbing me with the pen. She finished and handed me the note. I thanked her.

"You won't be thanking me when they see what I have wrote about you!"

She stormed out. I read the note. I couldn't read most of her handwriting, but I could see that the word "ridiculous" was used about twenty times, along with "unacceptable" and she ended the note with "...and the man working on the desk is very, very rude!"

So, I have had a member of the public yell at me, ask for a manager and call me rude. Ugh, it's giving me flashbacks!
    Last edited by customersruinmylife; 11-15-2010, 10:42 PM.

Quoth customersruinmylife View Post

Guess who her mother was!!
    SOMEONE up there has a vicious sense of humor!!

OMG! I just read the first one and now this.

WTF! LMAO.

This is too much.

Comment

Wake up, little Shooesie, wake up!
      I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
      Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
      Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Wow, what a special family.

Comment

Seriously.... 100+ Pounds for a pair of school shoes, and now she lets her daughter dress like a cheap hooker?

Let's give this woman a Mother of the Year nomination!
          "Good morning, and in case I don't see ya, good afternoon, good evening, and good night!" - The Truman Show

Comment

If the daughter is anything to judge by, I think we know what the mother means in the first story when she says she's a "nice" person.

Quoth Wenchie View Post
            Seriously.... 100+ Pounds for a pair of school shoes, and now she lets her daughter dress like a cheap hooker?

Let's give this woman a Mother of the Year nomination!
            And not only that, she threw away the daughter's shoes. It's like the woman LIKES spending money on shoes.
            Last edited by Mr Hero; 11-15-2010, 11:29 PM.
            To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

I know you're not going to throw the note away and will most likely parade around the office with it (hey, why not?), but why do people assume you'll pass along messages when they are critical of you?

After a month of this, you'd think she'd know management's schedule by now!
              A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

*grabs and hugs* I think it's about a time, ya'll get a nanny cam to record the crazy lady. So least you have some backup if you have to deal with someone spineless way down the road who bends to whatever shoe demand (Uniform demand / random BS) she wants.
                She's CLEARLY nuts

Comment

CRML, you should really, REALLY write a book about this kind of stuff. You and Lupo have some of the worst luck with people I've ever seen.

And the results are absolutely hilarious. I hope you get a laugh track with your life.
                  "For the love of all that is holy and 4 things that aren’t but feel pretty good anyway" ~ Gravekeeper

Comment

Quoth Mr Hero View Post

And not only that, she threw away the daughter's shoes. It's like the woman LIKES spending money on shoes.
                    That was my thought too.
                    Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Quoth customersruinmylife View Post
                      It took all my strength not to say "I am not your bitch".
                      All I could think of when I read this was the most memorable line from the first season of Top Chef:

"I'm not your bitch, bitch!"

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                      Still A Customer."

Comment

So, I have had a member of the public yell at me, ask for a manager and call me rude. Ugh, it's giving me flashbacks!
                        Honestly, I think if you were the one guy who mined Helium 3 on the dark side of the Moon, you'd still get those flashbacks.

Comment

Oh my Lord. This is more than a special family. This is....beyond words.
                          You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

they're specially...dysfunctional. a son who's too dumb to know where his shoes are, a mother with no social skills and even less budgeting skills and a daughter who's dressing for her future vocation.
                            look! it's ghengis khan!
                            Sorry, but while I can do many things, extracting heads from anuses isn't one of them. (so sayeth the irv)

Comment

She reminds me of Hyacinth from "keeping up appearances"
                              It's a tough row to hoe, and I'm just the Joe to hoe it.

Comment

Working...
                              X