Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Yes Ma'am, the credit card machine is hooked up to the internet.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ah don't worry I get crazy people too the only thing that saves me is I have yet to figer out how to put my hand through the phone and.....

I had this one person call she would give me her card number but I was not allowed to say it back, just in case some one is listen in of the call. She gave it to me fast and I had to slow her down. That person thought that is some one is listening on the call I would be the only person they here.?

Comment

We had a woman call once who gave her card number but refused to give the expiration date. She said the bank told her (which I'm sure wasn't true) that no one could steal her number that way. Didn't seem to understand that without providing the date, she couldn't use it either!
      When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Quoth sweetj82 View Post
        I still remember the problems we had when the company i work for switched from papers to sign to signing the reader.....OMG the horror.
        I hate having to sign the reader.

But I sure as hell don't take it out on anyone. I just suck it up and try to figure out how to hold the fat-ass stylus (I can't stand fat pens >_< ) and where the tip of the thing really is so that I have enough room to do my signature. Except that no matter how scrunched up I scrawl, I never have enough room.

*cough* Sorry.... >_>

I love the people who will fax over the forms with every bit of information but the last 4 numbers. Which is particularly foolish when you know that the only information allowed to be shown on receipts are the expiration date and the last 4 numbers.

^-.-^
        Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

I have to say that there is a difference between entering a card number on a computer and swiping it through a credit card machine... The difference is, when things are dead slow, someone could have been using the computer to browse the internet, and the machine may have been infected with malware. And yes, even browsing relatively safe sites, it is possible to get hit by a drive-by attack. The end result would be the potential exposure of all credit card data run through that machine.

Comment

Quoth TheSHAD0W View Post
            The difference is, when things are dead slow, someone could have been using the computer to browse the internet, and the machine may have been infected with malware. And yes, even browsing relatively safe sites, it is possible to get hit by a drive-by attack. The end result would be the potential exposure of all credit card data run through that machine.
            Dead slow or not... no browsing on the internet at work. The county has restrictions on everything except this particular credit card site and their home/tech support page.

I'm not saying the woman should not have worried about using her card on the internet. What you are saying is correct. It could totally happen. What annoyed me was that she called me stupid for informing her that ALL credit card readers are hooked up to the internet. It reminds me of the famous picketing sign that reads "Learn to read, morans."

“I claim to be a simple individual liable to err like any other fellow mortal. I own, however, that I have humility enough to confess my errors and to retrace my steps.”

Comment

Working...
            X