This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Girls know nothing....

Being a female service advisor in a motorcycle/atv dealership, in the deep south, has brought a lot of "interesting" comments along my way. I've been here for over 4 years and def know what I'm doing but try to convince these good ol chauvinistic pigs that live around here that. Phone call this morning:
    "Can I talk to a technician?"
    " Sorry sir but all my technicians are busy at the time and are unable to come to the phone". (Not that would I let them anyway, they don't get paidd for that)
    "Well then let me talk to the man who sits at the desk next yours"
    "I'm sorry that would be the service manager and he is off today" (smirk)
    "WHY CAN'T I TALK TO A TECHNICIAN"!

Okay, now I remember this customer, he would be the dumbass who yelled at me over the phone because he couldn't get the battery out of his bike, (my 4 yr old could do that), and he also is so stupid he got the spark plug wrench stuck on the spark plug, unable to remove it and then ended up having to get the bike towed in to us for repair. Of course it was all my fault because I was unable to repair it over the phone for him. So remembering all this.... here was my response.

"That's right I forgot, girls don"t know anything right" (in my very best honey dripping, sarcastic, tone)
    "In this case your right, THEY DON'T!"
    "Okay sir, have a nice day" Click
    I'm sure he'll be calling the GM to report my rude behavior but that's ok I already warned him and NOBODY would ever believe lil sweet me could be rude!?!

MWUAHHHHHHHHHHHH

Ugh, I loathe that. I'm a combination of customer service/first level tech support where I work, and I cannot tell you HOW MANY TIMES I get someone saying "Yeah, hi, can I speak to someone in techsupport?" when my greeting is "thanks for calling *company* support, my name is rads."
    *sigh*
    *head desk*
    The report button - not just for decoration

Comment

Argh. One of the reasons I chose to work where I do is because our IT department is almost a 50-50 split gender-wise. 3 male devs and 2 female devs (including our team leader); 1 male DBA and 1 female DBA, 2 male designers and 2 female designers.

I've had a female friend take me car shopping so I could distract the sales guy while she checked out the car. I know how cars work, but only in theory. I'd be lost in a garage. (Strangely enough, the saga of that trip is actually this week's storyline on her webcomic: http://www.yourmometer.com/.)
      "If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you."

Comment

Quoth TheRabbi View Post
        I've had a female friend take me car shopping so I could distract the sales guy while she checked out the car. I know how cars work, but only in theory. I'd be lost in a garage. (Strangely enough, the saga of that trip is actually this week's storyline on her webcomic: http://www.yourmometer.com/.)
        Hobbes is full of win. Tell her I say hi!
        "Good morning, and in case I don't see ya, good afternoon, good evening, and good night!" - The Truman Show

Comment

Actually in the (tech support) company I work at the highest skilled technician on the two most technically complex accounts is a woman. Her backup, however, is... another woman.
          And no, they didn't get the job because they are cute or slutty or whatever: they got it because they are better than anyone else (maybe except their team manager) at that stuff.
          FABRICATI DIEM, PVNC

You're not a unique snowflake unless you create your own mould (Raps)

***GK, Sarcastro, Lupo, LingualMonkey, BookBint, Jester, Irv, Hero & Marlowe fan***

Comment

I got that same attitude working in a hardware store. I'd be working the service desk and men (and sometimes older women) would ask me to be a good little girl and get someone who can mix paint, make keys, etc. I would respond with my piercing I'm-Letting-You-Know-You're-A-Stupid-Ass (I ought to post a pic of the stare...I'm pretty proud of it) stare and do the work for them wordlessly. And they would complain the management that I was rude. /shrug.

Comment

Yes! I love the stare! Mine is more of a fake smile, you are a moron/pathetic loser/idiot/, I feel sorry for you, and I will be sarcasticly sweet to you, stare. My General Mgr even jokes about looks, he says no words are needed the face says it all. Makes the job better when managment actually backs you up and will not customer run over their employees.

Comment

get someone who can mix paint, make keys, etc
                'Cause lord knows it takes a Y chromosome to know how to do things like that...(sigh)...

My cousin married a girl who knows more about cars than he does. When they were dating, he used to call her when his car broke down!
                When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

I am one of two girls working in a 20+men staffed electronics store. The owner also owns a gift+office supplies shop downstairs, staffed entirely with girls.
                  Each store has a different name, but the same phone number. When the girls downstairs answer the phone, they say "Office Supply store name, hello?" When I answer it upstairs, I clearly say "Electronics Store name, Hello?"

"Yes, can you pass me one of the boys UPSTAIRS?"

Bonus points if they want the games section, as I WORK THERE half the time.

Bonus points if they INSIST to talk to "the guy" because I can't POSSIBLY help them.

Bonus bonus points when the help they want is so simple even a first-day n00b can figure it out.

WHY YES IT DID JUST HAPPEN AGAIN. Why do you ask?
                  Now would be a good time to visit So Very Unofficial!

"I've had so many nasty customers this week, my bottomless pit is now ankle-deep."-Me.

Comment

I work in a cage that has no men. That's right all three shifts are women. And trust me that DOES piss off a lot of dudes who think only guys will understand their situation. Assholes. Or it cracks me up when they claim that the manager let them do something and then when I ask what "his" name was, they go along with it so it makes it easier to call their BS.

Comment

Working...
                    X