This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apparently I'm a liar...

Hello, I'm a bit of a lurker that works in a tech support dept for one of the major cable companies.

I do get some ridiculous people on my line but I think this is one of the few that pretty much just called me a liar without me having said more then two words. We had called this moron earlier in the week about a problem with his order. The other company told us we cannot take one of their numbers due to an issue with the customers account with them. Now this is all done through the computers and I've been at this for four years. I had not been the one working this account but he happened to call while I was on the phones.

Me - well me
    Mo - Moron

Me - (Opening spiel) how man I help you.
    Mo - One of you people have been calling me about a problem with my order and I'm about to cancel.
    Me- Alright, I apologize for that... (I ask for account information and the order is errored out with a message from their other phone provider about can't be released.)
    Mo - So how does this work exactly
    Me- (I go into the process as I understand it and am cutoff)
    Mo - I think you're lying to me! Pogo at Telcomoneygrab said blah blah.
    Me - Sir this is how the orders are proce-
    Mo - You're lying to me! Pogo said this and his number is 123456 (he is the one true god and his word is law.)
    Me - Just one moment.

Now seeing as you've called me a liar and have no intention of listening to me anymore you will now be speaking with my lead who is paid the money to deal with people like you. There is really nothing further I can do for you since you have decided Pogo's shit don't stink as bad as mine and he is now your god and every utterance from him is LAW.

To be honest the whole procedure for everything with this is kind of involved.
    Long story short Telcomoneygrab told us no gave us a legitimate reason as to why and because one rep from Telcomoneygrab said they didn't do that I'm suddenly a liar and should be called as such.

I'd love more then anything to just say "Oh you got me sorry sir but I don't want your money nor to have you as a customer. Here let me just go ahead and cancel this for you to save you further headache... Oh there we go you have a nice daynowbyebye *CLICK*"

But I can't... and well I PERSONALLY don't want you as a customer the rest of the company does so. Meh
    Last edited by kwdy; 11-16-2010, 10:58 PM.

Most likely whoever 'told them' what they claimed, never even heard of the person let alone talked to them. It is a common SC ploy. Manager/Employee/CEO of the company, whatever will get them their way 'said' this or that. You handled it right though, pass it up the line. Let the ones who make more money handle the headaches.
    Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

Working...
    X