X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Visitor Parking reserved; "Jim Smith" resorted to intimidation to park

http://www.customerssuck.com/board/s...ad.php?t=70924

"Jim Smith" has never made parking arrangements through the Parking office for any of his events or for any of his guests. His assistant arrived the day after the mess in the above post. I'm thinking for a meeting with the Parking office staff.

Late this morning "Nancy" from the parking office called me to let me know she posted a reservation for 30 spots for an Arts & Humanities dept. event on the Outlook calendar for the 2nd shift beginning at 4:30 p.m.

So around 1 p.m. I let the parking office know there were less than half of the spots needed for the 2nd shift reserved event. "Nancy" turned on the full sign at that point.

One of "Jim Smith's" guests drove up to the booth for a meeting around 1:30 p.m. I told him the garage was closed for events & that I had no available spots. The guest looks pissed, & so he asks me where he can park. I tell him he can park at any public pay lot near the campus. He still looks pissed. Then the phone inside the Visitor parking booth rings. There is a car at the exit gate. I answered the phone, & the guest at the exit gate told me she did not get a token from the university staff members at the Arts & Humanities internship fair. I had to reserve several spots for that fair, & according to the Outlook calendar entry, the dept. purchased tokens for everyone to exit. So I transferred the call to the Parking office. "Nancy" answers the phone. I told her about the guest at the exit gate as well as "Jim Smith's" guest. She told me no, "Jim Smith" did not make parking arrangements for the meeting, that the garage is reserved, & that no, his guest could not park. She told me to hang up the phone so she could speak to the guest at the exit gate.

I told "Jim Smith's" guest what the Parking office told me. He was still pissed, but he backed up & exited.

Then several minutes later "Jim Smith's" assistant & "Jim Smith" arrived to park for the same meeting. The guest who could not park for that meeting was waiting inside his car behind them.

So I called the Parking office. "Nancy" answered the phone. I told her who was waiting at the booth window as well as the fact that there were not enough spots for the 2nd shift event. "Nancy" put me on hold. I'm guessing she spoke to "Andrea", the Parking office manager, about this. "Nancy" gets back to me & asks to speak to "Jim Smith". He speaks to her, & here is what he told her...

He goes through campus police to make parking arragements instead of the Parking office.

The problem is that campus police does not notify the Parking office.

"Nancy" told me to let "Jim Smith" & his guests park. She told me a couple more will be arriving.

Last edited by snugglegirl05; 11-18-2010, 11:56 PM.

d'oh! epic fail by an instructor
    It's a tough row to hoe, and I'm just the Joe to hoe it.

Comment

an instructor that can't figure out that parking arrangements are made with...the parking staff.

i'm guessing he teaches remedial underwater basket weaving?
      look! it's ghengis khan!
      Sorry, but while I can do many things, extracting heads from anuses isn't one of them. (so sayeth the irv)

Comment

Quoth TheMike View Post
        d'oh! epic fail by an instructor
        The funny thing is this...

I have been working at the university as the Visitor parking attendant since March 2006

At that time Community Relations/Visitor Parking was over the garage. The Director of Community Relations/Visitor Parking had to "remind" "Jim Smith" several times that he had to go through them to make parking arragements, but he kept on going through campus police instead.

Then the Parking office was given the responsibility of being over the Visitor parking garage as well as making the parking arrangements. I do not know if they informed "Jim Smith" of this, but I think they would have.

But he continues to go through campus police instead.

Comment

Is there any way you could get campus police to stop letting him go through them since they never end up passing it on?

Then again, there's a distinct possibility that they don't actually let him do it and he just does in his obviously pigheaded way.

^-.-^
          Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Quoth snugglegirl05 View Post
            Then the Parking office was given the responsibility of being over the Visitor parking garage as well as making the parking arrangements. I do not know if they informed "Jim Smith" of this, but I think they would have.

But he continues to go through campus police instead.
            This problem will continue until Andrea complains to Jim Smith's boss.
            They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

i'm guessing he teaches remedial underwater basket weaving?
              Men's synchronized swimming.
              When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Quoth MoonCat View Post
                Thank you for giving me an image of a chubby middle-aged guy in a speedo choreographing the program.

You owe me a bottle of Captain Morgan spiced rum to erase that scarring mental picture.
                What colour is the sky in your world and how high of a dosage do you need before it turns back to blue? --Gravekeeper

Comment

Quoth MoonCat View Post
                  The real challenge is synchronizing the "bubble" streams...
                  I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                  Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                  Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Working...
                  X