X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kinda called someone a prick....

So, this was interesting.

At my location we have a gas station out in the parking lot that is associated with our store. We also just got slammed with our first major winter week (-20 C). Also at our gasbar we have a straight through set up. Our pumps can reach both sides of the car and we have an entrance side, and an exit side with signs stating "Wrong way" and "One way" to avoid confusions. Stop signs are present as well.

We had two cars batteries die after filling up on gas and both needed a push. We where working on the second vehicle (a heavy one to say the least) when this happened....

So we are pushing trying to get the vehicle to turn into a parking stall when, out of the blue, a guy comes ripping past us passing within 5ft of us speeding through the parking lot. It made one of the guys helping push jump he was close and fast. Then as we watched him, all to incredulous to speak, he pulled in the wrong way to the gas bar. He had to slam on his breaks to avoid hitting a car exiting, then he gunned it toward the exit side of the gas bar.

At this point he starts turning, and we think he has finally realized his mistake and was pulling out, but no! He straightens out and backs into a stall cutting off a line of 6 cars waiting on that pump.

At this point a few cars honk and I tell my co-workers i'll be right back and I approach him as he steps out of the vehicle...

Me: Excuse me sir! But there is a line and you just cut everyone off!
    SC: Hey! Well I was waiting on the other side and now TWO cars needed a push, im done wasting my time!
    Me: Regardless there is a line, and stuff happens. I understand its inconvenient but we moved the car no problem, now you cut everyone off in another line.
    SC: Well im pumping my gas now so what you gunna do about it?
    Me: What am i gunna do? Honestly nothing CAN be done other then tell you your being an absolute prick not only for cutting off waiting customers but for almost hitting me and my co-worker while we are helping somebody out. You get your damn gas and you go home feeling good about yourself bud.

He huffed at that and I walked off telling my co-worker "he isnt worth the trouble"

He sure got my blood going. Unfortunately all of us where helping the car being pushed so we had no chance to shut off the pump and tell him to line up or he wasn't getting service.

Fortunately he didn't say anything to management :P
    Fan? This is shit. Shit? Meet fan.

Were you able to get his plate number? I'm sure you could have gotten the cops involved.
    To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

Should have had someone run in and shut off his pump and tell him to GTFO.

Comment

Quoth Draco View Post
        Seconded

Whenever I'm in a line at the petrol station (I usually get in late at night when I go to fill up, rather than going during the day when there's a buttload of cars), if I have a wait, I will calmly turn off my car while I'm waiting, or I'll switch it over so I can play the CDs. Fuel isn't wasted and I have something to keep me busy.
        The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

@fireheart:

Like, you know, a NORMAL person not on a mix of crack, redbull and entitlement.

I do the exact same, seeing as I don't wait at the last possible minute to get gas and always gas after work. I got all the time in the world.
          Now would be a good time to visit So Very Unofficial!

"I've had so many nasty customers this week, my bottomless pit is now ankle-deep."-Me.

Comment

Quoth Draco View Post
            We where all positioned on the far side of the pumps so it wasnt totally doable. One can only wish
            Fan? This is shit. Shit? Meet fan.

Comment

Quoth Department stores *sigh* View Post
              SC: Well im pumping my gas now so what you gunna do about it?
              Me: What am i gunna do? Honestly nothing CAN be done other then tell you your being an absolute prick not only for cutting off waiting customers but for almost hitting me and my co-worker while we are helping somebody out.
              Nothing can be done? How about this....

"What am I gonna do? I'm gonna tell you that, for being an absolute prick, you are NOT getting gas here, and to get the fuck OUT of this station now, this minute, or I will call the police on you for trespassing. We are NOT serving you. GET. OUT."

Forget for a moment the fact that he was beyond rude in cutting people off in line. (And frankly I'm surprised none of them did anything more than honk at him.) How about the fact that he endangered people with his reckless driving? I am sure the cops would find that interesting. As would your management....if they would back him over you after knowing what he did, I would seriously question both their spines and their balls.

Sorry, this prick deserved the heave-ho, period.

And you called him a prick because he WAS a prick. Fuck him, and fuck everyone like him. I hope his car breaks down in that -20 weather of yours, and he freezes his testicles off. People like him make me nauseous. Self-important cocksucker.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
              Still A Customer."

Comment

hey, you called it as you saw it; i see no downside in that. if he complains, what can he actually say? he nearly hit two workers, cut off other customers and wants to complain? let him; bring in the cops and he'll get shut down quickly. if corporate sides with them, then they have a problem: choosing to side with a reckless driver over the safety and well being of their employees.

i think you're covered.
                look! it's ghengis khan!
                Sorry, but while I can do many things, extracting heads from anuses isn't one of them. (so sayeth the irv)

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
                  ]
                  And you called him a prick because he WAS a prick. Fuck him, and fuck everyone like him. I hope his car breaks down in that -20 weather of yours, and he freezes his testicles off. People like him make me nauseous. Self-important cocksucker.

Heeey. Cocksuckers don't deserve to be compared to guys like him.
                  Childrenofthenight.Thecomicseries.com/comics/latest

Check out my comic. I write, my friend Red draws. Comments welcome. Leave them on their, or on my profile here.

Comment

Quoth Draco View Post
                    Thirded. Cut off his gas, charge him for whatever amount he had already pumped, then boot him if you can, or let him go back to the end of the line if he really wants more gas.

Comment

yes, pricks are useful and cocksuckers have some value...this guy has neither attribute.
                      look! it's ghengis khan!
                      Sorry, but while I can do many things, extracting heads from anuses isn't one of them. (so sayeth the irv)

Comment

When Hurricane Charlie swept through Florida, I was running a gas station that was close enough to the tourist areas to get power restored within minutes instead of days like many areas did. We were selling so much gas, and had such crazy lines that most of my day was spent directing traffic while my assistant was inside restocking the beer (I guess there is nothing else to do but sit on your porch and drink when you have no power...).

Anyway, one day a few local police officers showed up out of the blue to help direct traffic. The line was spilling out into the street and I guess they were checking to see if we had someone moving things along quickly. Luck would have it that some guy in an H2 drove in the exit, almost ran me over, and cut off the whole line to get to a pump. I call the officers over to talk to this guy, and they make him drive around to the back of the line. His exxcuse: "I only get 6 miles per gallon, so I'll run out of gas if I wait in that line".

He really did, and no one would help help push him up to the pumps.

Comment

His exxcuse: "I only get 6 miles per gallon, so I'll run out of gas if I wait in that line".
                          no sympathy for you; you weren't forced at gunpoint to buy your compensation vehicle.

He really did, and no one would help help push him up to the pumps.
                          karma comes a'callin' and you were a'answering, mr. h2 driver.
                          look! it's ghengis khan!

Comment

Quoth Raveni View Post
                            I guess there is nothing else to do but sit on your porch and drink when you have no power...
                            Absolutely true.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                            Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth chainedbarista View Post
                              no sympathy for you; you weren't forced at gunpoint to buy your compensation vehicle.
                              No sympathy from me either. I mean, that entire product line is like driving a big middle finger in traffic. Locally, people buy them because they're big and expensive. They have a top speed of about 60mph, and my 1959 Radio-Flyer could out-drag it at the lights.
                              Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

Working...
                              X