This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• He's baaaa-aaaack!

Referring to the 'guest' from this post.

I got here this morning at 7, still not quite awake yet, and I hear the news that this EW is back to grace us with his presence again. Fantastic, what a shit start to my long day (since I work both my jobs today and won't get home until 12:45am or so).

The highlight of the suck was when he called up (thankfully he hasn't called the desk anywhere close to as many times as his last stay, so far at least) asking if we had an extension cord so that he could plug in his chair closer to his bed. I looked everywhere I could think of behind the desk and in the laundry room and boiler room and all that, and could not find one. When I talked to him a bit later, he asked about it and I told him that I wasn't able to locate one. He said that one of my co-workers had found one last time, and if I could call her or my front desk manager. No offense, but I'm not going to call either of them on their day off for such a reason (especially since my co-worker has 3 jobs and comes in for the overnight here tonight), so I simply said after that I couldn't get a hold of them. My big peeve with this is that he's stayed here before, he knows how the room is laid out as far as outlets and such in relation to the bed...he should have brought his own damn extension cord And then this snippet of conversation ensued:

EW: Well, I need to charge my wheelchair before I go out on Monday. I didn't come here to just sit in a motel room.
    Me: I understand that, but I've looked everywhere I can think of and haven't been able to find an extension cord.

Seriously? The age-old SC saying... a lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine. *sigh*

A little bit ago I was chatting with him, trying to be the friendly, polite staff member I'm supposed to be (gads, he makes it difficult), and he was talking about his upcoming move here. He was complaining about the sidewalks and ability to get across a major street by my motel (granted, there are not many cross walks and it gets fairly wide in places, so I understand his frustration). The kicker, though, is that what I got from what he was saying is that he thinks the town should fix these things for him because border patrol, who has helped him across the street recently, will get tired of it over the next 40 or so years he'll be living here Talk about thinking the world revolves around you!

This morning he also asked the head housekeeper about helping him with his laundry. She told him that it would be $1 for the washer and $1 for the dryer. He apparently didn't come up here with all that much money and wasn't sure if he'd have enough. Then I guess he doesn't need his clothes cleaned all that desperately. Who comes and stays at a motel with no extra cash? I understand money being tight, but...

I've also heard cleaning his room is a nightmare

And he plans on staying here occasionally even when he moves here, since the bus station is nearby. I realize it's difficult for him to get around and has to plan things according to the bus schedule and such, but he is just such a massive pain in the arse! One of my co-workers, who was working last night when he checked in, told me he was still mentioning living here, as in the motel itself. Um, no. If that happened, I would just quit. We have extended stays, but not permanent residencies!
    "So, let's build a snowman! We can make him our best friend. We can name him Bob or we can name him Beowulf! We can make him tall, or we can make him not so tall!"

Okay, seriously, I don't go out of the house with less then $10 on me even though I mostly go to and from work. I assume he knew he was going to be coming to the hotel at least a day in advance, one would think to bring a couple of extra bills with them.

I'd go crazy, too, with him staying there.
    Eh, one day I'll have something useful here. Until then, have a cookie or two.

Comment

EW: Well, I need to charge my wheelchair before I go out on Monday. I didn't come here to just sit in a motel room.
      while i can feel bad about the disability issue, his extremely bad behavior and ewness cancels all sympathy out.

grow a set and learn some self sufficiency (that's within your ability) instead of expecting everyone around you to bow and scrape every time you fart talk.

insult to injury: he's moving to a location far too close to you.
      look! it's ghengis khan!
      Sorry, but while I can do many things, extracting heads from anuses isn't one of them. (so sayeth the irv)

Comment

I never feel right if I leave the house with less than $40 in my wallet (unless I'm off to the gym, where I don't bring my wallet). At a hotel without 2 extra bucks? Bullshit. Dude's a cheap sonovabitch, pure and simple.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
        Still A Customer."

Comment

Is it just me, or is it weird that he doesn't have any money, yet wants to stay there occassionally because of the bus stop? I don't have much money, so I know I wouldn't have enough to throw towards a hotel room...

Comment

I don't carry much cash since I prefer plastic, but I usually have at least a couple of bucks. If nothing else, I can rummage around beneath my car seats and come up with something (which I have ended up doing on occasion).

As for complaining about the city he's moving to...he had time to check it out ahead of time, so if he's moving there he should shut up and accept it, since he should consider himself warned. Reminds me of all the people we get from Cali who move here and complain about the rain...it's the Pacific NW, dummies! Maybe they should have thought about that beforehand!
            Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Comment

I personally love the people who move to AZ from the Northeast, because of how wonderful AZ is...then go about trying to change it to be more like the Northeast. Idiots.

Then there are the Key West Transplant Idiots. These people are amazing. They have visited Key West several times, and fallen in love with the place. They move down here, and get a place on Duval Street, knowing full well what Duval Street is (the main drag with most of the bars). Then....they bitch about the noise from the bars. Look, assholes, you knew full well what Duval Street was before you ever moved here. If you wanted peace and quiet, why did you move on to the main drag? Why bitch about the noise and make everyone else's life miserable? Why not be intelligent and live somewhere else in Key West, or up the Keys a bit? Oh, yeah, that's right....it's because you're fucking douchebags!

Makes me almost nostalgic for the Connecticut transplants in Phoenix....

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
              Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
                I personally love the people who move to AZ from the Northeast, because of how wonderful AZ is...then go about trying to change it to be more like the Northeast. Idiots.

try living in a smallish upper Midwestern town about 2 hours north of a major major metro area and becoming a bedroom community for said metro area. All of the big city folk come to the3 smallish town, love it and want to live there. the move in and then proceed to bitch and complain about things, then get on the city council and make major changes to said smallish town because they want things DIFFERENT just like what they left behind in the metro area.
                I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
                -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

I love the people who move here and complain it's cold and dark. No shit genius, it's Alaska in NOVEMBER.

Comment

Quoth Racket_Man View Post
                    try living in a smallish upper Midwestern town about 2 hours north of a major major metro area and becoming a bedroom community for said metro area. All of the big city folk come to the3 smallish town, love it and want to live there. the move in and then proceed to bitch and complain about things, then get on the city council and make major changes to said smallish town because they want things DIFFERENT just like what they left behind in the metro area.
                    Hey it sounds like northern Virginia, specifically Loudoun (where I'm from), thank god they finally put in new zoning regulations so people would have to actually live in the country if they wanted to live in the country (switching from A3 all over to Ag1 or Ag2 in the county with A3 or smaller restricted to incorporated towns). Seriously if you want to move to the country a subdivision full of 3 acre parcels just isn’t going to cut it.

Comment

Working...
                    X