This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It should've been a good day

Because I had all green lights on my way to work.

Everything was fine, slightly busy for a Saturday morning but okay. Then Mr. California came in. He enters the store talking to himself something about Saks Fifth Avenue. I exchanged a look with the woman I was ringing up and didn't think anything about it.

He comes up to my register with a cart of stuff and wanted to know how much it was because he only had so much on his food stamp card. I ring it up give him the total and I kinda picked up that he wanted to leave it with me so he could go get more. I managed to get him to pay for it. All the while I'm ringing him up he's talking about some trip he took to California and how he lived it up. And how it's about time he went back.

He goes back gets more stuff, I ring him up again. Then he needed the phone to call a taxi. Then he comes back up front by my register and continues to talk about California. About how the people are more laid back and nicer, how the girls take off their clothes at the beach if they want to and the beaches have fine-cut sand. Then he asked me if we had any California coffee. Uh, nooo? It was just busy enough that I couldn't get away. Then his taxi came and he was off. I kinda felt sorry for the guy cuz something wasn't right there.

Then towards the end of my shift it started to get a bit busier. Good to make sure time goes by faster. Lady comes up with a Green Dot card and a plastic bag. It should've set off warning bells but no. Neither did her saying that she's "going to unload some change". "SOME" turned about to be $100, forty in wrapped stuff and forty in loose quarters. I know I should've stopped her at I dunno $20 in quarters but my brain shut down. At the end I tell her that next time she does that to say something beforehand because the managers don't like to have that much change in the drawer. Not once did she get it. She was all fucking happy and replies "Oh, I don't think I'll EVER have this much change again!" She didn't seem to think it was a problem that she was holding up a line of people for $100 dollars in change. Good thing the people after her were good sports about it. Including listening to me rant.

Can't wait to see what tomorrow brings!
    I would have a nice day, but I have other things to do.

Quoth Trixie View Post
    All the while I'm ringing him up he's talking about some trip he took to California and how he lived it up. And how it's about time he went back.
    The sooner the better, I say.

Quoth Trixie View Post
    Then he comes back up front by my register and continues to talk about California. About how the people are more laid back and nicer, how the girls take off their clothes at the beach if they want to and the beaches have fine-cut sand.
    Been to Cali many times. Unless he was at Black's Beach (or some other clothing-optional beach I am not familiar with), I have never seen this. Even in Cali, this is a good way to get arrested. Dude was on something shinier than the floor.

Quoth Trixie View Post
    Then he asked me if we had any California coffee.
    Okay, I know I'm not a coffee drinker, but I have a lot of friends who are, and I am well-versed in this kind of stuff, and for the life of me, I have NEVER heard of California Coffee. What the fuck is it? My guess....a product of the dude's imagination.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
    Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth Trixie
      Everything was fine, slightly busy for a Saturday morning but okay. Then Mr. California came in. He enters the store talking to himself something about Saks Fifth Avenue. I exchanged a look with the woman I was ringing up and didn't think anything about it.

He comes up to my register with a cart of stuff and wanted to know how much it was because he only had so much on his food stamp card. I ring it up give him the total and I kinda picked up that he wanted to leave it with me so he could go get more. I managed to get him to pay for it. All the while I'm ringing him up he's talking about some trip he took to California and how he lived it up. And how it's about time he went back.

He goes back gets more stuff, I ring him up again. Then he needed the phone to call a taxi. Then he comes back up front by my register and continues to talk about California. About how the people are more laid back and nicer, how the girls take off their clothes at the beach if they want to and the beaches have fine-cut sand. Then he asked me if we had any California coffee. Uh, nooo? It was just busy enough that I couldn't get away. Then his taxi came and he was off. I kinda felt sorry for the guy cuz something wasn't right there.
      So...he's on food stamps and managed to "live it up" on a trip to California? I hope he saved up a lot of money over time to afford that. Or that something truly is wrong in the konk.

I get that California is a beautiful place, but it's a sodding expensive place to live or even vacation in.

Quoth Jester View Post

Okay, I know I'm not a coffee drinker, but I have a lot of friends who are, and I am well-versed in this kind of stuff, and for the life of me, I have NEVER heard of California Coffee. What the fuck is it? My guess....a product of the dude's imagination.
      As far as I can tell, it's just a brand of coffee and/or coffee shops.
      Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

As best I can recall because I've really, really tried to block it out I don't think this trip was recent. And I believe his clothing optional beach was Redondo Beach but his train of thought was really hard to follow.

Comment

Redondo Beach is a city with a big public beach. I wouldn't think of it as being clothing-optional.

Yeah, he seems a little wiggy in the wacky-woo.
          Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

agreed; if he's on ebt and lived it up while on vacation, that had better be one he saved up for. >8(

california coffee? never heard of it...and i live here.

nekkid peepls on the beech? whar be this?

the only people i see topless are males; unfortunately, they tend to be of the older, hairier and more rotund persuasion.
            look! it's ghengis khan!
            Sorry, but while I can do many things, extracting heads from anuses isn't one of them. (so sayeth the irv)

Comment

Quoth Trixie View Post
              his train of thought was really hard to follow.
              I'd say it'd been de-railed.
              Engaged to the sweet Mytical He is my Black Dragon (and yes, a good one) strong, protective, the guardian. I am his Silver Dragon, always by his side, shining for him, cherishing him.

Comment

I'm surprised no-one else pointed this out yet: You had something good happen to you just before work and you expected it to be a good day?

Shouldn't you have realised that it was just the universe setting you up for a bigger disappointment in the near future?
                Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. -Groucho Marx

Comment

Now Syriilord, no need to be so negative. Some of us actually have good days from time to time. Even at work.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                  Still A Customer."

Comment

Today I had green lights on my way to work again but I backed it up by saying it was going to be a good day. And because of one lady it was. She came up all grumpy looking for stuff and she couldn't find it and why is it in the ad if we don't have it. She was looking for certain Christmas lights and aluminum foil.

I walked down our Christmas aisle and got her lights and the manager brought the foil and she still complained because the coupon said it was 20 feet but there was only 25 feet on the shelf. She didn't even bother to bring up the one on the shelf to see if it was right. She was mad even though she was getting more for her money. I did get some satisfaction that I burst her anger balloon. So made up for yesterday.

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
                      The sooner the better, I say.
                      Oh, please, no. We have enough of these douchebags already.

Quoth Jester View Post
                      Been to Cali many times. Unless he was at Black's Beach (or some other clothing-optional beach I am not familiar with), I have never seen this.
                      My guess is that he was talking about people skimming out of their outer wear to their bikinis. As opposed to using something like a dressing room. Since I'm not sure most of our beaches even have dressing rooms.

Or, he could be talking about people who swap clothes under a towel, since that is quite common for people who don't otherwise plan ahead.

^-.-^
                      Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Re: Mr. Cali being on food stamps and taking a trip to California...

Debates on whether or not it's "right" that such things happen (and we all know where to take such things), I see plenty of customers at the wholesale club who will buy all their groceries with EBT (food stamps), and still spend hundreds of dollars on entertainment (TVs, video game systems, computers, etc.).

So, yes, it's entirely possible that he uses the money he's "saving" being on food stamps to take these dubious trips to California.
                        PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Working...
                        X