This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I Just Don't Have the Patience Today

First off, I'm very tired and cranky, having pulled a 16-hour workday yesterday and getting maybe 5 hours of sleep. My patience meter is very short when I'm this tired. So, of course, today obviously has to be full of annoyances.

Mr. The-World-Revolves-Around-Me is still here and still being a pain in the rear, even moreso than yesterday. He pretty much demanded that the housekeepers clean his room first; hell, he even called the desk to say as much before they even arrived this morning. Then, at breakfast, after having me make him waffles and oatmeal and complaining we don't serve sausage and eggs, he left a huge mess all over the table and couldn't even bother to throw his own garbage away.

Then another family shows up at breakfast with a couple of major ADD kids who couldn't sit still if their lives depended on it. One of them kept making laps around everything - the breakfast area, the tables in the breakfast area, the mat right inside the lobby entrance. Basically acting like a rabid monkey on the highest strength crack mankind has ever seen. The rest of the family isn't much better - loud, obnoxious, and messy.

Then some old guy decided to leave a little puddle of coffee for me to clean up, which wouldn't be a huge deal if it wasn't compounded with everything else. Plus, he was standing right next to me as I cleaned it up and didn't bother apologizing for being an inconsiderate boob.

And back to that family... oh, that family. The older woman got all huffy with me as I was cleaning up breakfast that I had already turned the juice machine off. Well, perhaps you should have moseyed your ass down before breakfast was over, hmm? And thanks for leaving your cup of water from the juice machine for me to throw away. Wench.

They decided to sit in the breakfast area for an hour after breakfast was over, even as they saw me cleaning up things all around them. I hate sweeping and mopping, GTFO so that I can get 2 of my least favorite jobs out of my way! And while they were sitting there, they decided to check the local movie times... on speaker phone. I wish I could disintigrate people with my loathing.

Finally got the breakfast area completely cleaned up and had the lights off while the floor was drying. The dad came in to get coffee, and somehow decided to explode it everywhere. I don't know how he managed it, but there was coffee in places that were nowhere near the coffee pots. And it was way more than a cupful. I think he took the pot, opened it, and just started seizuring. Coffee all over the styrofoam cups, to-go lids, tea bags, creamer jar, floor, counter... and somehow I think underneath the garbage can that was set on top of a stand a good 8 feet away. There's some serious talent there, I tell ya.

I wiped it up with a rag and that will have to do... like hell I'm mopping again because of some assnugget.

The oldest son saw a poster of firemen through the years up on the wall above the brochures, and apparently thought he deserved to have it because he liked it (and this person is in his late teens at least, he should certainly know better). I told him it belonged to the owner and I couldn't just give it away. He said "I'll give you five bucks for it. It's just a piece of paper." If you want it so bad, go look it up online and buy it, and I bet it's more than $5, you jackass. The dad thought the whole thing was just hilarious.

The 2 rabid monkeys on crack also figured it would be nice to leave me a present of a pile of brochures they took from the holder that I got to put back. It looks like they grabbed every single one they could get their grubby mitts on. I guess at least they were in a pile all together rather than strewn all over the floor? I guess...

They went out for the time being, I hope they keep themselves scarce until the end of my shift. Thankfully I'm not here tomorrow and won't ever have to see them again if the universe has any sort of compassion whatsoever.

An Added Helping of Stupid

We have 4 coffee pots that we use for breakfast (3 regular, 1 decaf), but only keep one of each throughout the whole day. The other 2 are put on the top tier of the coffee pot stand with the draw tubes misaligned so it's easy to see that they are not to be used. I guess it's not so easy to see, since 2 people tried to use them today

And I still have 3 hours left of my shift
    "So, let's build a snowman! We can make him our best friend. We can name him Bob or we can name him Beowulf! We can make him tall, or we can make him not so tall!"

I'm so sorry, you need a bubble bath and then a good night's sleep. I hope the rest of your shift is asshat free.

Comment

What tools... sorry you had to deal with them. Sounds like they all need some "special" chocolates in their breakfast coffee.... it'll keep them in their rooms all day at least. lol

....on an unrelated note... Your Siggy...it is Cannibal the Musical yes?
      "I'm not smiling because I'm happy. I'm smiling because every time I blink your head explodes!"
      -Red

Comment

Quoth Solumina View Post
        I hope the rest of your shift is asshat free.
        A few more encounters with Mr. The-World-Revolves-Around-Me, but nothing too horrendous Only 6 minutes to go!

Quoth Red_Dazes View Post
        What tools... sorry you had to deal with them. Sounds like they all need some "special" chocolates in their breakfast coffee.... it'll keep them in their rooms all day at least. lol
        Yes, please!

It is, indeed I love that movie!
        "So, let's build a snowman! We can make him our best friend. We can name him Bob or we can name him Beowulf! We can make him tall, or we can make him not so tall!"

Comment

He said "I'll give you five bucks for it. It's just a piece of paper." If you want it so bad, go look it up online and buy it, and I bet it's more than $5, you jackass. The dad thought the whole thing was just hilarious.
          i wonder if 'dad of the year' would find it half as hilarious if he and sonny boy ended up explaining to the police why they're trying to steal a $5 picture.

messy people deserve to spend eternity buried up to their heads in a landfill containing mostly used diapers.

as for the housekeeping, your room will be cleaned in the usual order. don't like that? tough; special services cost you extra. no extra expense, no special services.
          look! it's ghengis khan!
          Sorry, but while I can do many things, extracting heads from anuses isn't one of them. (so sayeth the irv)

Comment

My deepest apologies. I wish you every condolence, and a wonderful gift basket.
            Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

On behalf of hotel houskeepers, please don't do that. If it's the brand of "special" chocolates I'm thinking of, can you imagine the mess they'll make of the toilet?
              Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Quoth ExRetailDrone View Post

It is, indeed I love that movie!
                ^_^ It is an awesome movie!

Quoth wolfie View Post
                On behalf of hotel houskeepers, please don't do that. If it's the brand of "special" chocolates I'm thinking of, can you imagine the mess they'll make of the toilet?
                oh..... good point.... sleeping pills then?
                "I'm not smiling because I'm happy. I'm smiling because every time I blink your head explodes!"
                -Red

Comment

Or, perhaps the "special" chocolates could be added to the courtesy to-go cups of coffee, provided to the guests, as they head out for the long drive home.

(But only if it's their own car, not a rental!)

Mike
                  Meow.........

Comment

Quoth JustaCashier View Post
                    Or, perhaps the "special" chocolates could be added to the courtesy to-go cups of coffee, provided to the guests, as they head out for the long drive home.

(But only if it's their own car, not a rental!)

Mike
                    Oh heyelll you are evil!
                    https://www.youtube.com/user/HedgeTV
                    Great YouTube channel check it out!

Comment

OH, please don't do that - heaven only knows what the poor housekeepers would have to take care of........... The mind boggles.

Madness takes it's toll....
                      Please have exact change ready.

Comment

Eh. I hate people like that.... I stay at a LOT of hotels for conventions that I either staff or attend, and I see some really REALLY rude people.

First of all, being nice to the hotel staff and apologizing for bothering them is always a good start if you actually need something. Fake humility (and do it well) even if you don't have any. Demanding something isn't going to make anything better. Asking them if they can please do something when they get a chance works MUCH better.

Second, even at places there they DO have people cleaning up after you (I've stayed at a couple of hotels where there is no where to put your dishes/trays and they have staff going around and actually cleaning up the tables when people leave) it's still nice to stack up things nicely on the tray so it only takes a few seconds to pick up the tray and wipe the table. Common Sense, please!

*hugs*
                        "Good morning, and in case I don't see ya, good afternoon, good evening, and good night!" - The Truman Show

Comment

OK, everyone suggesting tampering with food and drinks, stop it now. We have rules against that sort of thing here, and everyone here should know better by now.

The mod team is not amused.
                          Sometimes life is altered.
                          Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
                          Uneasy with confrontation.
                          Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Comment

Working...
                          X