Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Screw Black Friday. We have the Name Your Own Price Option Every day!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Screw Black Friday. We have the Name Your Own Price Option Every day!

The price tag says:

Original Price 12.99

9.99 after 3.00 instant savings.

On my register it shows me 11.49 -1.50, which if you do the math becomes 9.99.

But the customer didn't understand why it doesn't just ring at 9.99. Throws a fit. Manager gives her another dollar fifty off and tells me to just modify it myself next time. It's only a 1.50 and our company makes 10 million a year.

So...why are we even worried about Black Friday? Just come on down to the store anytime, piss and moan loudly enough, because even when I show you how it works on a FUCKING CALCULATOR you don't understand it, and you'll get to pay whatever price you want. Enjoy.

I'll even increase my prozac intake so I can be as animated as Flo when I hand you the price gun.

Maybe it's the stories I read on here, but I'd be too scared to make any price adjustments on my own login or whatever system you have. What sucks though is good behavior gets punished while being an SC gets you lower prices than good customers. It's not fair.
    To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

That's pretty my big concern. I mean we can do price adjustments but eventually when it comes time to throw someone under the tracks, whose the one suddenly getting "investigated" by data miners for doing what he was told?

Comment

I'll even increase my prozac intake so I can be as animated as Flo when I hand you the price gun.
        Some odd reason i read that as "price you the hand gun"

Comment

Quoth Mr Hero View Post
          What sucks though is good behavior gets punished while being an SC gets you lower prices than good customers. It's not fair.
          This.

I find myself increasingly resentful of these spineless managers who give in to the whims and rantings of these SC's with zero integrity. While customers who follow the rules get the shaft.

Also - how much do you wanna bet that if Nate had decided on his own to give the additional 1.50 off without a manager, he would have been berated for it?
          "So, if you wanna put places like that outta business, just stop being so rock-chewingly stupid." ~ Raudf, 9/19/13

Comment

And then you'll encounter a perfectly calm and reasonable customer that patiently waits for you to fix something when you've obviously made a mistake. I wish management would give us leeway to let those lovely customers have an extra discount. Nothing wrong in rewarding good behavior.
            A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

Just because the customer was too dumb to understand how it works, he gets more money off?? That's ridiculous. So now all they have to do is act dumb, not a big stretch for a lot of them, and they get an additional discount.
              When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

I had a SC complain how a item rang up up. Just as the OP did I showed them on a calculator that the math was correct. See the original price in 3.99, it is on sale for a dollar off *presses <minus> 1.00, hits <equal>* so it comes to 2.99, just as the register shows *points to screen*.

Even then the SC complains and got ANOTHER dollar off, so they ended up paying 1.99.

I really feel sorry for the customer who can actually read and understand basic math who are getting screwed to keep a SC happy via spineless managers.

Comment

Had one the other day complain to me that a "sale" sign was deceptive because the tag on the shelf-strip had the same price. Pointed out to her that A) the "sale" sign was, in fact, a permanent markdown for clearance, B) on RED paper like all permanent markdowns and not on YELLOW paper like all temporary sales, and C) that the nice man from county weights and measures had been in the store just the day before and HE hadn't found anything wrong. She kept on complaining, so I, the only manager in the building, gave her the number for our customer service line since she wasn't in a position to understand me. No price changes, no "I'm sorry you're an idiot, here's 25% off", no compromise at all with her. We were perfectly in synch with company standards and she was a doofus.
                  CONSERVATIVE, n. A statesman who is enamored of existing evils, as distinguished from the Liberal, who wishes to replace them with others.

Comment

Working...
                  X