X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• C**twaffles

We don’t deserve holidays

It’s 11:16am, I’ve been working for 16 minutes, and I’ve already received the <sarcasm> BEST CALL EVER! </sarcasm>

“I tried to call you guys on Thursday… why weren’t you open?”

When I tried to explain.. you know… THANKSGIVING… she got upset and said that she’s self-employed and works every day of the year and relies on our services and she lost business because we were closed. Oh, and she’s going to talk to the CEO about this because we NEED to be open EVERY day, because we don’t deserve holidays.

I offered to transfer her to the CEO’s voicemail because I’d LOVE to see Karen’s reaction to that one… but the caller hung up instead.

So what’s my alibi this week guys? I almost broke a tooth keeping myself from saying what I wanted to say to her. That whole “not getting fired” thing and all….

Bitchydouchecuntwafflesaurus

That’s the nicest thing I can call her.

She has an attitude when she calls… I can hear the catbuttface over the phone with the first syllable she utters in that abrupt loud voice.

She’s having problems logging in to our system on her phone. Now, we have our main website (to be used on computers) and a mobile website designed for… well… mobile devices. You know, phones, iPads, etc. Yeah, you might be able to use the main website on your phone if you have an iPhone or an Android or an iPad, but we don’t guarantee that it will work correctly, because there are some things that mobile devices just can’t do yet.

She’s on her iPhone. She’s using the main website. I recommend that she use the mobile site. She cuts me off halfway through my sentence to tell me that the main website WAS working fine. She describes the problem. Usually means that there’s an expired/corrupt cookie. So I tell her that she’ll need to try deleting her cache/cookies on the phone (and no, I’m not going to walk her through how to do it) if she wants to log in to the main website. I explain AGAIN that we recommend that she use the mobile site since she’s on her phone, but she keeps cutting me off, talking to me like I’m a 3 year old and I don’t understand her.

No, I understand you find. I understand that you want it done YOUR way even if that’s not the recommended way. I understand that you believe that it’s worked fine on your phone, even though we’ve tested it in our office and we know that there are problems accessing the main site on an iPhone, which is why we have a MOBILE SITE. I also understand that you have an inability to let me speak more than 4 words before cutting me off again. Does it make you feel important?

Oh, now she’s saying that she tried using our mobile site a year and a half ago, and it was “determined” – unsure who determined this, since it wasn’t anyone in my office – that the mobile site doesn’t work with iPhones and she was better off using the main site. And, according to her, our IT department doesn’t know ANYTHING unless people call in. (Really? Then what do we do all this testing for? Yeah, people might report a few new glitches that we don’t catch when we roll out an update, but we do months of testing on multiple platforms first… so I think they know a few things, as do the rest of us.)

I tried explaining (getting cut off multiple times) that we’ve made changes to the mobile site in the past year and a half and that she might want to try it again. She cuts me off YET AGAIN (this is like the 10th time she’s cut me off so far in this conversation) to ask rudely if we made changes today. I told her that we haven’t made any changes to either our mobile site or our main site recently, but since we have made changes to the mobile site in the past year and a half, that it might work better on her phone now.

I’m TRYING to help her here. She can’t figure out how to delete her cache (or she didn’t do it and just told me that she did… wouldn’t be surprised) and she should be able to log in on the mobile site if she tries. But nope! Not good enough since I didn’t pull a magical wand out of my ass and fix her phone for her.

I suggest that she uses a task-manager (if she has an app for that) on her phone to make sure she’s closed out of the browser completely. I also suggest restarting her phone. But now there’s a guy in the background and she’s asking HIS opinion on why she might be having the problem (even though I’ve tried to explain it to her several times, but she keeps cutting me off) and now she’s cutting me off AGAIN to talk to him.

Thankfully, the phone disconnected. And no, it wasn’t me. It was disconnected on her end…. But it made me very VERY happy.

Still waiting on that alibi guys… Any suggestions?

---------------

I still have 1 hour left of work, but I'm submitting this now in the hope that I won't get any callers... or that they'll be sweet and polite. Which means that I've just cursed myself, of course.
    Last edited by Ree; 11-30-2010, 07:56 AM. Reason: Corrected typos
    "Good morning, and in case I don't see ya, good afternoon, good evening, and good night!" - The Truman Show

You have no idea where the flamethrower and those 2,582 cans of hairspray came from. None at all.
    Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
      You have no idea where the flamethrower and those 2,582 cans of hairspray came from. None at all.

And this is why I love you.
      "Good morning, and in case I don't see ya, good afternoon, good evening, and good night!" - The Truman Show

Comment

..and you have no idea how you came to obtain that photo of the prosecutor doing What What in the Butt with an alpaca.

Look! Santa Claus!
        Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Back when I was a Systems Engineer for a computer reseller, I kept having to have a discussion with the sales staff and newbie engineers. There is a big difference between "Does it work" and "Is it supported." As we did not have the staff to offer the support, my standard answer was "Sorry, it is not supported. I can not help you." If you help them once, you have to help them the next time.

Don't know if you can get away with that, but that is my advice.

Good luck on making out with another incident.
          Life is too short to not eat popcorn.
          Save the Ales!
          Toys for Tots at Rooster's Cafe

Comment

Quoth csquared View Post
            Back when I was a Systems Engineer for a computer reseller, I kept having to have a discussion with the sales staff and newbie engineers. There is a big difference between "Does it work" and "Is it supported." As we did not have the staff to offer the support, my standard answer was "Sorry, it is not supported. I can not help you." If you help them once, you have to help them the next time.

Don't know if you can get away with that, but that is my advice.

Good luck on making out with another incident.

Yeah... that pretty much what I was telling her... it MIGHT work, but we don't support the iPhone for our main site. That's why we have the mobile site.

But in her mind, since it works most of the time, we HAVE to support it.

Sorry... just 'cause you want to be look better than a rancid hunk of meat doesn't mean it's gonna happen either.

We also don't support AOL at all. Or Opera. If you can get our system to work, GREAT! But we don't guarantee that it WILL.

And... I ESCAPED! No more phone for me until 0830 tomorrow!

Comment

Quoth Wenchie View Post
              Yeah... that pretty much what I was telling her... it MIGHT work, but we don't support the iPhone for our main site. That's why we have the mobile site.

But in her mind, since it works most of the time, we HAVE to support it.

Sorry... just 'cause you want to be look better than a rancid hunk of meat doesn't mean it's gonna happen either.

We also don't support AOL at all. Or Opera. If you can get our system to work, GREAT! But we don't guarantee that it WILL.

And... I ESCAPED! No more phone for me until 0830 tomorrow!
              I h ighly doubt many places except for AOL themselves support their craptacular browsers. Man, that first SC was a real bitch. The second one, ugh. Those kind of SC's make me want to strangle them. I mean really, if you call in for an issue don't cut off the rep and act like you know everything when you know abso-freaking-lutely nothing!
              I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
              Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
              Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

The second story doesn't even make sense. Who would call for tech support only to keep cutting off the phone rep and refusing to follow any of their instructions?
                To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

Quoth Mr Hero View Post
                  The second story doesn't even make sense. Who would call for tech support only to keep cutting off the phone rep and refusing to follow any of their instructions?
                  EW's and SC's. See I just love when people tell me that they know what they are talking about. My reply is then "So you don't need my help after all? Great! Bye." *click* (or walk away).
                  Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

Quoth Mr Hero View Post
                    (l)users will.

First rule of IT support is "Users lie. Always."

It's to cover up their own screw-ups.

B
                    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."- Albert Einstein.
                    I never knew how happy paint could make people until I started selling it.

Comment

That first "lady", was she an American? I thought that most people would be aware of the holiday, but if she were European she might not remember exactly when Thanksgiving is.
                      The "don't deserve holidays" line make her unbelievably sucky, though.

Comment

Quoth Mikkel View Post
                        That first "lady", was she an American? I thought that most people would be aware of the holiday, but if she were European she might not remember exactly when Thanksgiving is.
                        The "don't deserve holidays" line make her unbelievably sucky, though.
                        I didn't think of that, but it shouldn't make any difference anyway. Every country has some holiday that lets people take a day off work. I don't buy for a minute that that woman literally works every single day of the year, never takes any time off, blah blah.
                        When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Quoth MoonCat View Post
                          I didn't think of that, but it shouldn't make any difference anyway. Every country has some holiday that lets people take a day off work. I don't buy for a minute that that woman literally works every single day of the year, never takes any time off, blah blah.
                          Exactly what I was thinking

Comment

attention whores do too; they need that unfortunate captive audience to inflict their personal drama on.
                            look! it's ghengis khan!
                            Sorry, but while I can do many things, extracting heads from anuses isn't one of them. (so sayeth the irv)

Comment

Quoth Wenchie View Post
                              See. That is your problem. You also made suggestions.

Wenchie: Sorry. Not supported. Anything else I can help you with? *repeat as needed*

We may have to put you back down on the operating table and find that rogue piece of heart you apparently still have.

Quoth Mr Hero View Post
                              It is just like the people who cut you off and insist that you have a spare room. If they demand enough, you will give them the spare room and Wenchie will give the secret to making the iPhone work on the main site.
                              Life is too short to not eat popcorn.
                              Save the Ales!
                              Toys for Tots at Rooster's Cafe

Comment

Working...
                              X