This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Let me pull out my magic wand of... NO

Yesterday & Today were a mix of good & dumb. Guess which was more prevalent?

Good:

I happily waived a fine for one nice guy who let me walk him through why he got the fine and how NOT to get them in the future… and warned him that he won't be able to waive future fines.

The Rest:

The Computer is Nomming my Text!

A guy calls in because when he prints, it's squishing everything into the middle of the page. He says that he's tried this on three computers and it's doing the same on all three, but that it MUST be something with his login on OUR system because no one else is having a problem.

I'm skeptical, 'cause that's my middle name. So I have him check his margins. The margins are set at 3.75 on both the left and right, and 0.25 on the top and bottom. Miraculously, when I had him change everything to 0.25, the page prints fine. He didn't understand. So I had to explain what margins were.
    Happily waived a fine for one nice guy who let me walk him through why he got the fine… and warned him about future fines so he doesn’t get any.

SpamBot

No, we will not help you spam your follow REALTORS. You can pull up the agents and/or offices in an area and copypasta the email address from there, but we don’t make it easy. Why? Because no one likes spam. And even though you think it’s helping your business to send emails to agents, they didn’t ask for the emails so it’s still spam.

The Defeat of Ms. Story Time

ST: Ms. Story Time
    ME: Don't need to hear it, don't want to hear it!

ST: So, I’m trying to enter this listing, but I have another listing in, and… do you want the MLS number?

ME: No, why don’t you just tell me what the problem is and we’ll work from there. So, you have another listing in… for sale and you want to enter it for lease, or is it different acreage?

ST: It’s different acreage and it’s not telling me put it in and why don’t I give you the MLS number so you can look it up and I can tell you about it.

ME: Actually… no, that’s not needed. It’s not going to let you enter it because it’s a duplicate address, so you’re going to need to fill out a listing profile form and fax it over to us with a cover sheet explaining that it’s different acreage so we’ll know to bypass the duplicate check…

ST: So you don’t need the MLS number because I’d be happy to have you look at it…

ME: The fax number is xxx-xxx-xxxx.

ST: But I can…

ME: Just fax that over and we’ll get it entered for you tomorrow. Have a wonderful day!

ST: Oh, ok. Bye!
    <click>

Magical Mystical Power of… NO.

No, I do not have power over another MLS. If you have an issue with one of their listings, you need to contact them. It’s not in our database, we don’t have a data share agreement with them, and we’re not affiliated with them in any way other than they happen to be in the same state. I can’t magically remove a listing from a site that isn’t mine, even if I wanted to. And I don’t want to. Here, have their number. Call them. Please.

The Disappearing CEO

Had a caller today... first he said that he's been trying to get in touch with the CEO for the past 3 weeks. Then he said "about" 2 1/2 weeks. So yeah... I checked the call log and he was transferred to her once. Yesterday.

Anyway, the CEO (K) was on vacation last week, so even if he did call her or leave a VM, she wouldn't have gotten back to him until yesterday at the earliest. Now, she's really good at returning emails and phone calls, so I highly doubt she just hasn't been returning his calls.

Too bad for him that she had to leave the office early today... he called around 2:30pm and just missed her. And she's out of the office tomorrow for a meeting. He accused me of making her disappear.

Um..... sure? First of all, why would I make my CEO disappear? She's the one who signs the paychecks. Second, if I had that power don't you think I'd use it to make certain annoying callers disappear? And Third... how did I know that you'd be calling in time to make her disappear even if I did have that power?

I told him to call back on Thursday, offered her email address, and offered to transfer him back to her voicemail. Instead, he said that if she doesn't return his call by tomorrow afternoon, he's going to show up Thursday at 8am and wake for her to show up.

Ohhhhh... guaranteed way to piss off K! Good luck with that!

Professional Much?

I can’t see your password. But I can see your password attempts. So when you call in because you’re getting an invalid password message, I will tell you in the sweetest voice possible that the computer isn’t recognizing fuckingcomputer1 as the password, and that it is also too long since the password needs to be between 8-15 characters. And since length does matter, they’ll need to reset their password if they can’t remember what it really should be.
    <blissful silence and then stammering>
    I LOVE those calls.

Speaking of passwords... had a caller today who couldn't remember his password... it was something mundane and generic though, and we got to talking because he disagrees with the fact that we have to change our passwords every 90 days. I told him that I have to do the same, which is true. Not sure how the conversation progressed, but the next thing I know he's suggesting that we make the password be 13 numbers, with no number used more than twice, and users have to change it every month to a new password and no password can be used again within the same year. He told me it would be job security for me. I told him that I had enough job security already without adding that into the mix!

Ohhh! One more Good Thing! I get a $500 referral bonus 'cause a coworker who I referred got hired and made it past his 90 days! Yay!

But on the Bad side, my acid reflux is bad enough that I didn't sleep yet again last night, and I couldn't stand anything tight around my ribcage so I skipped a bra today and wore a heavy sweater. And my team lead threatened to write me up for not wearing a bra even though she must have really been staring at my chest to notice... 'cause it's not like I need a bra unless I'm wearing a thin shirt anyway!
    "Good morning, and in case I don't see ya, good afternoon, good evening, and good night!" - The Truman Show

Um... does your dress code specify that you must wear a bra?
    I don't go in for ancient wisdom
    I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
    It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

I'll have your spam. I love it!

spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam...lovely spam, wonderful spam.....
      Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Why was your team lead staring at your boobs?

And also...you can make the CEO disappear in time because you're psychic, too, silly!
        "And so all the night-tide, I lie down by the side of my darling, my darling, my life and my bride!"
        "Hallo elskan min/Trui ekki hvad timinn lidur"
        Amayis is my wifey

Comment

Quoth BookstoreEscapee View Post
          Nope. Bra is NOT listed under dress code. But her argument is that it doesn't look professional. Which I would understand if I was wearing a thin or closer-fitting shirt. But I was wearing a loose bulky sweater.

Quoth Eisa View Post
          No clue. Kinda scared. She's SO not my type!
          "Good morning, and in case I don't see ya, good afternoon, good evening, and good night!" - The Truman Show

Comment

Quoth BookstoreEscapee View Post
            And if it does, get all your male colleagues to come in wearing one. When she complains, explain to her that it would be discrimination to require you to wear one and them not to.

Comment

These are all Realtors Wenchie?

That's why I won't open an office & hire associates,even with the tightened licensing requirements too many morons manage to get a license.There's just too much liability involved.

Under our small town there's a series of caverns,the local university studied them 10-15 years ago but there's never been any push to open them,apparently they're not very spectacular.

There is an entrance on a 4 acre piece of land in town & it was for sale some years back.The MLS said "It's a cave!" & implied that if you bought the 4 acres & crappy house you'd own the whole cave system.So I called up the listing agent,a perky-sounding young lady in the big town & said,rather bluntly: "You do realize that if someone buys that property (HIGHLY unlikely since she listed it at 1.1 million) that they only own the 4 acres of the caves,not the whole thing?"
              So Miss Perky says "I'll have to check on that"
              I said "There's no checking involved,that was covered IN YOUR 1st REAL ESTATE CLASS!!"

Lo & behold,the listing disappeared 2 days later.I found out later the owners had convinced Miss Perky,with the ink still wet on her license,that they owned the entire cave system.My guess is that she asked her QB & he/she explained the facts of life,not to mention a central tenet in real estate.Why the hell the QB didn't catch it at ist I have no idea,since QBs are supposed to check every listing.
              "If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous he will not bite you.This is the principal difference between a man and a dog"

Mark Twain

Comment

*cough cough sexual harrassment cough*
                look! it's ghengis khan!
                Sorry, but while I can do many things, extracting heads from anuses isn't one of them. (so sayeth the irv)

Comment

Quoth chainedbarista View Post
                  *cough cough sexual harrassment cough*
                  Agreed.

Also, How The Crap Does It Look Unprofessional?
                  Do your customers/clients have X-ray vision that allows them to see through your clothing Over The Phone???

Comment

Well, apparently this was my "warning" and if she has to talk to me again I'll get written up and it will go in my file... that I wasn't wearing a bra. *rolls eyes* Seriously people?

*pulls out her bra-camis to wear to work under work clothes from now on*
                    Last edited by Wenchie; 12-01-2010, 02:19 AM.

Comment

Quoth Confused_Corvid View Post
                      Agreed.

Do your customers/clients have X-ray vision that allows them to see through your clothing Over The Phone???
                      *Orders a pair of these glasses*
                      *Calls Wenchie at work*

*Accidentally calls GK at work, since anyone who dials a wrong number will eventually reach him.*
                      Ow my eyes!
                      To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

bra: i'd say try one of those thin tank top bras. but if that's too constrictive, maybe some of those bra-pasties - the ones that some people wear with strapless/backless dresses.

this is where the pasties might not help. it might be the bounce that was noticed.

He told me it would be job security death for me.
                        fixed for accuracy cos that's the stupidest rule i've ever heard suggested for a password.
                        and i've had to use secure passwords before.

Comment

Quoth Wenchie View Post
                          SpamBot

No, we will not help you spam your follow REALTORS. You can pull up the agents and/or offices in an area and copypasta the email address from there, but we don’t make it easy. Why? Because no one likes spam. And even though you think it’s helping your business to send emails to agents, they didn’t ask for the emails so it’s still spam.
                          Thank you! Part of my job at an email service provider is preventing spammers from using the system and hunting them down if they slip past us initially so we can kick them off. Thank you for making it hard for them! I've seen a LOT of realtors trying to pull that same stunt.
                          The original Cookie in a multitude of cookies.

Comment

Quoth KingOfAllSocks View Post
                            And if it does, get all your male colleagues to come in wearing one. When she complains, explain to her that it would be discrimination to require you to wear one and them not to.
                            Can I wear mine on my head?
                            Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
                              Can I wear mine on my head?
                              Why do I get the image of Dean Bitterman from the School of Hard Knockers on an early Simpsons episode?
                              To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

Working...
                              X