This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• They're NOT all $5, dumbasses!

I hate, hate, HATE how some people have got it in their heads that EVERY SANDWICH we sell, regardless of how much meat and cheese that goes on it, should be $5.

We have a menu, the prices are clearly marked and it's rather obvious which sandwiches are and AREN'T $5 and if you don't know, why not ask BEFORE you order instead of going through the whole thing and then bitching at me when we get to the register?

This is a daily, oftentimes more than daily occurrence. *sigh*
    "If we refund your money, give you a free replacement and shoot the manager, then will you be happy?" - sign seen in a restaurant

It's enough to make a person crazy, I agree! The guys at my regular Way of Sub have taken to telling people at the beginning whether it's a $5 sandwich or not, they had to deal with this so much. "Hi! Can I have a *insert sandwich here* on *bread* please?" "You know that is not one of our $5 subs, ma'am?" *cue sadface as I realize what they must deal with every day* *tip at least $1 per employee I see*

My heart goes out to you.
    "You mean you don’t have the one piece of information you actually need? Well, stick your grubby paws in the crayon box, yank one out and colour me Fucking Shocked Fuchsia." - Gravekeeper

Comment

I was in Goodcents the other day and someone ordered: "I'd like a $5 footlong ham and cheese, with double meat, and double cheese." Then couldn't figure out why they had to pay for double.

Comment

I feel for you. Back when I worked at the pizza place, we often had special offers on pizzas. These special offers were very exact; for example, the buy one get one free was on collection only. The amount of times I had an SC shriek, "But I want it delivered!" -.- The annoying thing was, the offer was very clearly marked, it wasn't small print. But then, for some people, it could be in foot high neon pink letters, and they still wouldn't see it.
        People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
        My DeviantArt.

Comment

I hate that, when someone thinks they get to decide the terms of YOUR offer/sale/promotion/etc, or that if it doesn't conform to what they want they just decide to modify it. No, dumbass, it doens't work that way.
          "We guard the souls in heaven; we don't horse-trade them!" Samandrial in Supernatural

RIP Plaidman.

Comment

The old manager at the Subway I frequent used to tell people if what they are ordering was part of the promotion. I went in one day.

Me: I'd like <Sub I know wouldn't have a snowball's chance in hell of being a $5 footlong>
            Him: Just to let you know, this isn't one of our $5 footlongs.
            Me: I'm aware. I saw the sign you have posted.
            Him: You'd be surprised how few people see it.
            To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

Mr. Hero: "No, I really wouldn't be surprised. Not at all. Here--go to this website."
              "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

I miss our Subways so effing much. It burned down a few months ago....not a clue if they're going to rebuild it.

<sniffles>
                By popular request....I am now officially the Enemy of Normalcy.

"What is unobtainium? To Seraph, it's a normal client. :P" -- Observant Friend

Comment

Not related to the topic, but does it take you by surprise when customers keep asking questions about the spinich? No one ever expects a spinich inquisition.
                  To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

Quoth Mr Hero View Post
                    Not related to the topic, but does it take you by surprise when customers keep asking questions about the spinich? No one ever expects a spinich inquisition.
                    We don't have spinach at my location. but we get plenty of requests for it.
                    "If we refund your money, give you a free replacement and shoot the manager, then will you be happy?" - sign seen in a restaurant

Comment

I wonder if it would be easier for sucktomers to understand menus if they were all laid out like picture books for infants
                      "So, let's build a snowman! We can make him our best friend. We can name him Bob or we can name him Beowulf! We can make him tall, or we can make him not so tall!"

Comment

Quoth CrazedClerkthe2nd View Post
                        We don't have spinach at my location. but we get plenty of requests for it.
                        Ever have some guy in a sailor uniform, and a pipe sticking out of his mouth say; "I've took all I can stands, and I can't stands no more!!", when told that?

Mike
                        Meow.........

Comment

I've mistakenly ordered the coldcut combo instead of the $5 club like I intended and I got surprised at the register. However, I realized it was my own error, kept my mouth shut, and paid up. I wish more people would be too embarrassed to bitch about a few dollars.
                          The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return.

Comment

Quoth JustaCashier View Post
                            Ever have some guy in a sailor uniform, and a pipe sticking out of his mouth say; "I've took all I can stands, and I can't stands no more!!", when told that?
                            Well, blow me down! Uk-uk-uk-uk-uk-uk-uk~~~

It's not your fault that Corp's ads tend to read like FIVE DOLLA FOOT-LAWWWWWWNG!
                            ***only on cheapass subs; premiums and anything that costs us more than fifty cents to make excluded
                            "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                            "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                            "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                            "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                            "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                            "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                            Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                            "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Working...
                            X