Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Oh how I'd love to Kinect my foot with your ass...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We still have quite a few 360/Kinect bundles and Kinect units for sale in my store.

Wait, never mind. They're all gone again
    Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. -Groucho Marx

Comment

Quoth incognitocook View Post
      Love the thread title! Definite channeling of Red Forman there.

I really pity everyone in retail right now. Sorry you're dealing with all those dumbasses.
      That wasn't quite my intent but it works.

Reminds me of this exchange from the show:

Bob: If had mistletoe I'd kiss you.
      Red: And if I had mistlefoot, it would be up your ass.

"If we refund your money, give you a free replacement and shoot the manager, then will you be happy?" - sign seen in a restaurant

Comment

Would you happen to have a 250GB X-Box without Kinect? I've no interest in the latter, but I never knew how much room installing games takes (curse you, Final Fantasy XIII!!).
        "IT stands away, interrupting himself from the incessant hammering of the kittens…"

Comment

Quoth HorrorFrogPrincess View Post
          All this talk of Kinects makes me want to play with K'nex.

I never had K'nex as a kid... I think I'll get some tomorrow.
          Yay! I wasn't the only one who thought of that! I loved those things.

We currently have one up on raffle at my Aid of Rite for the American Diabetes thing to drum up sales. It's actually not as popular as I thought it would be, mostly because it's kept on the cigarette case and too high up for msot people to see.
          Success is not final, failure is not fatal: It is the courage to continue that counts.-Winston Churchill

Comment

Quoth Bloodsoul View Post
            I never knew how much room installing games takes (curse you, Final Fantasy XIII!!).
            Allow about 4-5 gigs for most games; if a game spans multiple discs, assume ~7.1 gigs for all except the last one.

Back when this feature first came out, threads started popping up all over the place with install sizes, and more importantly, how much (or little) improvement to expect -- as a for instance of the latter, Halo 3's load times get *worse* when installed; as for the former, Tales of Vesperia and Lost Odyssey see quite impressive loading time improvements, especially before and after battles/encounters.

Here are a couple charts:

http://www.bingegamer.net/2008/11/so...install-chart/ ---- with notes on benefits

http://stripesonfire.com/nsc/
            "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
            "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
            "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
            "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
            "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
            "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
            Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
            "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

SC: Well, I'll just go to your competition then.
              Where he will undoubtedly be told the same thing you told him.
              When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

and people think I am strange that I preorder games and equipment. Had the kinetc paid off and walked in and picked it up. Doing the same thing tomorrow with Cataylsm and Tron.

Why can't people plan. Everyone knew this was coming out, get it early and hide the dang thing.

Very sorry you are having to deal with the twits. *hands over sweet treat and drink of choice*
                Coffee should be strong, black and chewy! It should strip paint and frighten small children.

My blog Darkwynd's Musings

Comment

Still on the fence with getting a Kinect, but jeez people really get their heads up their asses with getting the latest and greatest stuff especially when it's sold out. Love the thread title, btw.
                  I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
                  Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
                  Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

A friend of mine has one of these lovely little monstrosities ^_^

His GF has requested that he cover it with a towel when the system is off to keep it from following them around the room (which it does) and taking the odd snapshot (which it also does). They were a little creeped out by it at first -- it uses facial recognition, so one day she walked past the TV (while the xbox was on) and "Hello, <GF's name>" popped up as the kinect signed her profile in >_>
                    "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                    "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                    "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                    "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                    "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                    "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                    Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                    "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Quoth Bloodsoul View Post
                      Would you happen to have a 250GB X-Box without Kinect? I've no interest in the latter, but I never knew how much room installing games takes (curse you, Final Fantasy XIII!!).
                      At my store both the standard at Kinect 250GB bundles have been in tight supply for a couple of months now.
                      "If we refund your money, give you a free replacement and shoot the manager, then will you be happy?" - sign seen in a restaurant

Comment

Quoth EricKei View Post
                        His GF has requested that he cover it with a towel when the system is off to keep it from following them around the room (which it does) and taking the odd snapshot (which it also does).
                        So the 'Kinect nannycam' isn't an urban legend (I was telling dad about this; he didn't think it was possible).
                        "I am quite confident that I do exist."
                        "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

Quoth EricKei View Post
                          A friend of mine has one of these lovely little monstrosities ^_^

His GF has requested that he cover it with a towel when the system is off to keep it from following them around the room (which it does) and taking the odd snapshot (which it also does). They were a little creeped out by it at first -- it uses facial recognition, so one day she walked past the TV (while the xbox was on) and "Hello, <GF's name>" popped up as the kinect signed her profile in >_>
                          Wait, what??

HAL, is that you??
                          When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Quoth EricKei View Post
                            ... Halo 3's load times get *worse* when installed...
                            That's because Halo 3 was specifically coded to take advantage of everything the 360 could do with a game being read from disk, and they didn't really do much work to make it work from installation.

I plan to get a Kinect. But it will have to be sometime after I get a place to play one in. My current apartment is just far too tiny.

^-.-^
                            Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

OK, I must be an old fogey. I read "K'nex" and translate it to Kleenex, and wonder what the fuss is about.
                              Everything will be ok in the end. If it's not ok, it's not the end.

Comment

Working...
                              X