This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey Grandma, Can I TRY?????

ahhh the wonderfull world of let's put a 6 year old on the phone to order pizza.

LC - little kid
    ME - WHY me??? I have enough grey hair and headaches as it is

phone rings and I answer
    Me - <standard opening speil> and will this be carryout or delivery???
    LC - I WAANT 2 large pizzas one with <something and one with something else>
    Me (OK this is going to be a good one esp if it is NOT a prank). OK would you like that for carryout or delivery?????
    LC (talking to someone in the background) carryout or delivery. <mumble mumble> Delivery!!!! I want 2 large pizzas.......
    Me - (talking over them) What is your phone number please????
    LC - (again talking to someone in the background) HEY Grandma what is your phone number????? <mumble mumble mumble> 123-4567.
    Me - (seeing that this is a NEW customer my head goes into boom boom headache mode) OK what is your last name please???
    LC - Steven
    Me - OK Steven what is the address there???
    LC - (goes to background again) what is your address Grandma???? <mumble mumble mumble>

(and about this time I am about to ask "Little Steven" to put his GRANDMOTHER on the phone but I am not willin to be bitched out by some old bitty for "insulting" her prewwwwious little Grandson cause I am having a really bad night and my brain to mouth filter is pretty weak at the moment)

LC - our address is 507 X St.
    Me _ OK that is 507 X St right????
    LC- yes.
    Me - (fills in the address then I take their order and give little Steven the total and delivery ETA cause I just want to get off the phone)

First of all WHY do somepeople think it is cute or interesting or "grownup" to put a 6 or 7 year old on the phone to make a pizza order. JUST GET ON THE FRACKIN phone yourself. it will do us BOTH a world of good and make things eaiser and FASTER.

ORder goes out and LOW AND BEHOLD littel Steven did not get the address right.. it was 1207 X St. Notice above I did ask him to confirm the address (yeah maybe I should have asked him to comfirm with Grandma but the PETE's sake GRANDMA is right there and says nothing). driver attempts to call the number and gets voice mail. he leaves a message the store to give them the correct address. customer then waits 20 minutes to call back to the store.
    I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
    -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

And of course, she cannot figure out why her delivery is taking so long...

I see this all the time at the fabric store, when Mom is paying with a credit or debit card and Little Darling wants to press the buttons and sign the screen. Hel-LO, fraud alert! Only the card holder may sign, and the sooner you learn that (and stop holding up the line!), the better!
    I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
    My LiveJournal
    A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Quoth XCashier View Post

I see this all the time at the fabric store, when Mom is paying with a credit or debit card and Little Darling wants to press the buttons and sign the screen. Hel-LO, fraud alert! Only the card holder may sign, and the sooner you learn that (and stop holding up the line!), the better!
      Then they wonder why the kid steals the credit card at age 16 and goes on a country-wide trip without their permission!

I hate when people teach their kids how to use the credit card machine. Teach them MONETARY responsibility first-------- then teach them how to use the magic we-don't-need-cash-to-pay machine!
      Teach a SC to fish... and they will whine about you not catching, filleting, frying, and serving it up on a silver platter for them. - EvilEmpryss

Comment

Quoth XCashier View Post
        Only the card holder may sign, and the sooner you learn that (and stop holding up the line!), the better!
        What difference does it make? Given that most customers that I've seen in the past three years don't even bother signing any more, but just take the stylus and make one little squiggle on the pad, how in the Hell is anybody going to prove who signed that?

God that pisses me off. You know they'd be all over us if someone made a fraudulent transaction. "That's not my signature!" "Well here's one that you did sign, I can't tell any difference."

I always make a point of signing my name so you can at least tell who signed it (especially when I'm notarizing something!), but there's one Rite of Shop near my in-laws' place where the pads are so ancient and worn-out that my neatest effort leaves nothing but a smudge. Once upon a time they might have fixed that, but given the above I guess they see no reason to spend the money. It's going to come back and bite them in the @$$ one of these days.

Comment

Quoth XCashier View Post
          And of course, she cannot figure out why her delivery is taking so long...
          Did she demand a discount or freebie due to Steven's inability to get the address correct? And did she give the driver a good tip for causing such headaches in the first place?

Comment

Shalom, good point! The supermarket nearest my house has a system that's so old, all that shows up on the screen is a scrawl. My last name is pretty short but my first name is long, so I often sign with first initial, last name. I could do it in my sleep. It still just looks like mush on those screens.
            When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

This one time at Subway I was behind a couple who thought it'd be just adorable if little Johnny and little Jenny ordered their own sandwiches.

Oh my lord, I had this huge urge to take both parents' heads and just bash them together, and go home and tear out my ovaries.

Back towards up your alley, it's even better when parents make the kid go to the door to pay for the pizza. If the kid is a real shit, they'll see the difference in money and pocket the tip, although usually it's the parents being ashamed they can't afford to tip or don't want to, so they send their kid to the door so they don't feel as bad.
              You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

I always try to sign with my first name and a Goomba doodle...
                My Guide to Oblivion

"I resent the implication that I've gone mad, Sprocket."

Comment

Quoth MoonCat View Post
                  It still just looks like mush on those screens.
                  I'm glad to know I'm not the only one who can't write on those damn things.
                  Sometimes life is altered.
                  Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
                  Uneasy with confrontation.
                  Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Comment

I used to deliver pizza back in the days before delivery charges. Would such a delivery be charged for 2 delivery charges? I know the customer is going to blame the store (naturally ), but it's grandma's fault the driver wasted time and gas twice. Bet she didn't tip either, since the pizza was now "late".
                    A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

Quoth Shalom View Post
                      What difference does it make? Given that most customers that I've seen in the past three years don't even bother signing any more, but just take the stylus and make one little squiggle on the pad, how in the Hell is anybody going to prove who signed that?
                      I think eventually they're going to move to something a little more secure, maybe a thumbprint scanner or something. I agree, most people just make a squiggle instead of anything resembling writing.

The credit card machines at our place are about half a year old, so you can still easily read signatures on them. They're quite nice, but people still grumble about how "every one is so different, how am I supposed to know what to do next?" Um, read the directions, like intelligent people do. And for pity's sake, don't let Junior jab all the buttons and scribble on the pad! That'll screw everything up and we'll have to start all over!!!
                      I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                      My LiveJournal
                      A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Quoth blas View Post
                        Back towards up your alley, it's even better when parents make the kid go to the door to pay for the pizza. If the kid is a real shit, they'll see the difference in money and pocket the tip, although usually it's the parents being ashamed they can't afford to tip or don't want to, so they send their kid to the door so they don't feel as bad.
                        welcome to my world on a weekly basis.

no the parents are NOT ashamed, they just do not want to tip and use the kid as their "human" shield.

I do not know how much in tips I have lost cause the kid decided to steal from me.

Quoth bainsidhe View Post
                        I used to deliver pizza back in the days before delivery charges. Would such a delivery be charged for 2 delivery charges? I know the customer is going to blame the store (naturally ), but it's grandma's fault the driver wasted time and gas twice. Bet she didn't tip either, since the pizza was now "late".
                        no she did not tip.

the customer is not charged for 2 deliveries just the initial one. on the driver side, our drivers do get credit for the non-delivery delivery run and the driver who does get to "go back for the re-delivery" also gets credit.
                        I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
                        -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

Working...
                        X