This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fight, fight!

Woohoo, had two customers get into a fight in the Pharmacy today! I had my back turned because I was showing a customer our behind the counter drugs to see if we had what she needed. After she left, I turned around and asked to help the next person in line. Was in the process of typing it in when an older woman on an electric cart drove up and started screaming at me

OW: "She CUT in line. Ma'am, SHE CUT IN LINE, I WAS NEXT!"

I was speechless and couldn't say much since I had my back turned; I really have no idea if any line-cutting was done.

Customer #1: "Well I'm sorry ma'am, but the lady told me to come up, so I did!"

At this point I apologized to OW and explained that I had my back turned and was sorry. She said that was ok but still was yelling at and about the first lady cutting. C#1 just told me to go ahead and wait on OW, so I did. OW gives me her last name and DOB, and it turns out that she's well into her seventies. Upon hearing the DOB, C1 snorts.

OW: "Yeah, like you'll ever live that long!"

C1: "You bet I will, the mean never die young!"

OW: "You'll NEVER live this long, you just wait and see, you'll die!"

At this point the other cashier had come back from lunch and I sent C1 to her register so she could get taken care of. You'd think this would have been the end of the issue since hardly a minute had gone by since the beginning of this tale and no one ended up inconvenienced too badly, but the entire time we were waiting on both of them, they continued to swap extremely loud insults at each other about which one of them would/should/deserved to die first and how rude they were both being. Once we got over the initial shock that this was actually happening and realized our pharmacy manager was nearly in tears laughing, it became quite funny.

What an easy day for me; I didn't even have to try pissing off the customers, they did it to each other
    The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return.

at least they weren't yelling at you to play referee.
    cos it sucks when they expect you to be the playground monitor

Comment

Go granny go!

Comment

OK I have to admit, C1's retort was hilarious. But yes, it sucks playing playground monitor. As a cashier, I should automatically call out line-cutting antics when I see them, yet I hate doing so. It's uncomfortable and I always get yelled at. No-win situation.
        A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

Normally I will call line-cutting, as much as I hate it. But this time I just didn't see who was in line first. I turned around and C1 was just there.
          The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return.

Comment

Quoth PepperElf View Post

at least they weren't yelling at you to play referee.
            cos it sucks when they expect you to be the playground monitor
            Ah, that's easy.
            Personal Foul! Roughing the Listener! Both ejected!
            Then throw both their asses out of the store.

(I can dream, can't I?)
            "If your day is filled with firefighting, you need to start taking the matches away from the toddlers…” - HM

Comment

Working...
            X