Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

It must be Clean-Up-After-Stupid-SC's Wednesday!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It must be Clean-Up-After-Stupid-SC's Wednesday!

A Good Try

BG: The bookstore is getting rid of the clearance section to make way for some other stuff. So we boxed up what was left of the clearance books and left them in the alley behind the store for the donation person to come and get. /BG

ASP: Annoying Street Person

ASP: Y'all buy books?
    Me: Yes, I'll look at your books.
    ASP: Do you need these?
    ASP dumps a huge pile of books on the counter. They look familiar....
    Me: ...These are books that we're getting rid of. They're to be donated. We already marked them as clearance. See? *points to clearance stamps that say [STORE NAME CLEARANCE]*
    ASP: Wull... can't ya give me some money for them?
    Me: Well NO because these are our books anyway and you basically stole them.
    ASP: Whatever. *leaves*
    Now I have to drag these out to the alley again...he could of at least stole the box too

Selling Things is My Business

DB: Dumb B*tch

DB: My son was in here a few weeks ago and he wanted this book it's called <book> where is it?
    Me: Well let me show you where it would be.
    Me: *shows her* Sorry it's not here. It must have sold unfortunately.
    DB: ...You don't have it?
    Me: Well it would be here if we had it, I'm sorry but it looks like it's gone.
    DB: Could it be somewhere else?
    Me: Er... not really. It would be here, and it's not here, so.......
    DB: Well, is it in the display window? I just really need that book. That's what he wants for Christmas!!
    Me: We can check but I must say I just rearranged the window and it wasn't there. But I'll help you check if you want.
    After checking the display window, surprise! It's not there.
    DB: Why don't you haaaave it???
    Me: Probably someone else wanted to buy it? (DUH)
    DB: Can you just check <other section that is unrelated> and see if it's there?
    Me: Sure.
    I check and it's not there. Of course.
    Me: Sorry, not there.
    DB: *catbuttface and stalks off*

Later!

DB: Just wanted to let you know that I left a pile of bartending books over there.
    Me:

I go to look after she left. She. Left. A. Huge. . Pile. Basically she just pulled the whole section off the shelves and threw it on the floor. For what reason?? Cause she's a DB, that's why. At least I've never had anyone actually inform me that they're an ill-mannered whorebag. Oh well!
    !
    "For truth is always strange; stranger than fiction." -- Lord Byron

I'm sorry for all those terrible people. What horrid excuses for humans.
    Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

Quoth Mnemjian View Post
      DB: Just wanted to let you know that I left a pile of bartending books over there.
      Me:

I go to look after she left. She. Left. A. Huge. . Pile. Basically she just pulled the whole section off the shelves and threw it on the floor.
      Y'know, DB, most of us outgrow temper tantrums by the time we're three or four years old. Yes, the store was sold out of the book. Put on your Big Girl Panties and deal with it like a grownup!
      I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
      My LiveJournal
      A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Quoth XCashier View Post
        Y'know, DB, most of us outgrow temper tantrums by the time we're three or four years old. Yes, the store was sold out of the book. Put on your Big Girl Panties and deal with it like a grownup!

In the pharmacy my wife used to work in,they had an SC come in & wander the (small) store for 20 minutes before closing & when her & the tech pulled down the gates this SC yelled "Now I can't get my prescription!" & swept a shelf of merchandise onto the floor.
        "If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous he will not bite you.This is the principal difference between a man and a dog"

Mark Twain

Comment

Damn, I wonder if DB is the same bitch from that story in Etiquette Hell? Is this the beginning of an epidemic of SCs proudly bringing attention to their suckiness?

You know, any normal person would just try another bookstore!
          Steven Slater ROCKS! So does James Jones!

The world is an asshole contest...and EVERYONE'S A WINNER!

Comment

Quoth Mnemjian View Post
            A Good Try

<snip>
            ASP: Wull... can't ya give me some money for them?
            Me: Well NO because these are our books anyway and you basically stole them.
            ASP: Whatever. *leaves*
            Now I have to drag these out to the alley again...he could of at least stole the box too
            Makes me wonder if he hasn't gotten away with this in the past. . . .

Selling Things is My Business

Me:

I go to look after she left. She. Left. A. Huge. . Pile. Basically she just pulled the whole section off the shelves and threw it on the floor. For what reason?? Cause she's a DB, that's why. At least I've never had anyone actually inform me that they're an ill-mannered whorebag. Oh well!
            She informed you because she wanted you to know she left you a message. Dumb Bitch is too kind. Douche Bag fits far, far better.
            They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

What horrid excuses for humans
              they're not really humans, more of a sub-human variety.

ah, the sc tantrum; if they were damaged, could you have charged her for them or had the cops called in?
              look! it's ghengis khan!
              Sorry, but while I can do many things, extracting heads from anuses isn't one of them. (so sayeth the irv)

Comment

DB sounds like some of the people who visit the library, only they don't go so far as to announce anything......they just leave their piles of books/magazines and walk off.

Comment

Quoth KellyHabersham View Post
                  DB sounds like some of the people who visit the library, only they don't go so far as to announce anything......they just leave their piles of books/magazines and walk off.
                  I've seen this. I go to the local library a lot, and I often see piles of books, magazines, CDs or DVDs just lying on a table. And I bet that when they finally do get put away, some twit will show up at 5 minutes to closing and yell, "Hey! What happened to my stuff?"
                  When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Quoth MoonCat View Post
                    I've seen this. I go to the local library a lot, and I often see piles of books, magazines, CDs or DVDs just lying on a table. And I bet that when they finally do get put away, some twit will show up at 5 minutes to closing and yell, "Hey! What happened to my stuff?"
                    When that happens, I just mention that I had no idea the pile belonged to that person, because it had been sitting around for awhile with nobody nearby. (and if it's during the last hour before closing, I also let the person know that's when we have to start tidying things up)

Comment

Quoth chainedbarista View Post
                      ah, the sc tantrum; if they were damaged, could you have charged her for them or had the cops called in?
                      I wish!! But I can ask her to leave if she ever comes back in, though that seems unlikely since she got such HORRIBLE service here last time
                      !
                      "For truth is always strange; stranger than fiction." -- Lord Byron

Comment

Working...
                      X