This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Signs arent your friend

So where I work we sell a bulk pack of muffins. We decided to offer two 6 packs for 7.99. Now on all our signs we show the full price and also the price per unit, Kg, ml what have you. (ex. Peanut butter for, say, 10.00 for 1L would show in small text "Price per 100ml:$1.00" and in huge bold letters say "Sell Price 10.00")

In the case of our mix and match muffins this is how the sign is presented..

Sell Price

Customer comes up to me.....

Sc: Excuse me but are you in charge of service?
    Me: *thats kinda vague....*I'm a supervisor what can I do for you?
    Sc: Your cashiers wouldn't let me have one pack of muffins even though your sign says so!
    Me: I'm sorry, our muffins are mix and match for 7.99, did they offer to get you another pack so as to not hold up you or the line?
    Sc: That doesn't matter I didn't want 12 muffins, I wanted 6, like your sign says!
    Me: I would be surprised if our sign says that since I don't believe they have replaced those signs since they went up. Those signs do show a unit price to show the value of the items your purchasing though.
    Sc: Well it said mix and match but it also said 3.99!
    Me: Let me pull up the sign on the computer and see what it says.

I pull up the sign and it looks similar to the one i posted above..... just the words in different places.

Me: Alright so it says mix and match and it shows the "Sell Price" as 7.99. Looks pretty straightforward.
    Sc: And it also says 3.99 per package, which is misleading and im not going to come here again if you lie to your customers.
    Me: Sir, all our signs show that, whether it be 100ml of an item, or one case in a 4pack. Its to show your savings compared to the competition.
    Sc: Well its extremely misleading.
    Me: If you say so and im sorry to hear that you feel that way.
    Sc: I know your not able to change things but you should know im not coming back here, i'll go to another *my store*.
    Me: If you like just know that they will be the same there.
    Sc: Why would you lie to your customers?
    Me: We're not sir, and if thats all then I have other matters to attend to.
    Sc: Well im not coming back.
    Me: Sorry to hear that, If you like please leave a comment. Management takes all comments very seriously and log any concerns or suggestions every night. *start organizing my cashiers who are waiting*
    Sc: Well I dont have time to do that.
    Me: *turning back* well then you have a good one.

Finally catches on im not continuing the convo. Eventually leaves.

Also I would like to point out that the 3.995 is not a typo. Since its two packages 3.995 is exactly half of 7.99. I should have told him I would gladly give him one pack if he could get me exactly 3.995!
    Fan? This is shit. Shit? Meet fan.

Yes but that's when a smartass like me would hand you four dollars, tell you to keep the change, and trounce off with my muffins. Seriously, though, sorry you had to deal with such a jackass! Way to shut him down though!
    "And though she be but little, she is FIERCE!"--Shakespeare

Comment

When I used to work in the pricing department at a grocery store, we had the occasional person get into a fight with us about how "misleading" something was on one of our signs, we'd make one courteous attempt to explain it, and then pawn them off on the State Weights & Measures department if they didn't like it, as we'd always passed our audits, we were doing it legally and correctly, it's not our fault they can't do math.
      - They say nothing good happens at 2AM, they're right, I happen at 2AM.

Comment

Working...
      X