Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'm supposed to just take your word that you paid for this?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm supposed to just take your word that you paid for this?

Phew! I've been posting quite a bit on customerssuck.com lately. So much for customers being in the Christmas Spirit eh? Anyway on to the story....
    Yesterday I was working on my day off to pick up some extra hours (sometimes I wonder why I put myself through this when I coulda just stayed home and played World of Warcraft, and then I remember its because I need money ) Being that it is a slow weekday, only 1 person needs to be in the stand to run it, so I'm all by myself. This guy comes up to the stand with his son roughly about a half hour after I start my shift.
    SC: I think my son left his Sour Patch Kids candy here.
    I look around quickly, no sign of them.
    Me: I'm sorry, they're not here.
    SC: The other person who was here is the person my son bought them from.
    I'm assuming he meant the person who I took over for. But I am most certainly not about to play stupid guessing games.
    Me: I'm sorry, sir. Nobody has told me anything about that.
    SC: Ok, now I am telling you. My son came out and bought some candy from the person working here before you.
    Whether or not this happened, I am not about to take anybody's word for it. And from what I can tell, this lazy ass sent his son out to buy candy, which his son either did or did not, and then forgot to take it from the racks (we have the candy sitting on the outside of the stand where customers can simply reach for it when they buy it) Very big pet peeve of mine. Clearly he's stupid and so is his son. The kid is obviously not ready to be buying stuff on his own.
    Me: Sir, I wasn't here at the time, and I don't know what happened, so I have to call my manager to handle this, and....
    SC: Wait, hold up! I'm 50 years old! Do you think I'd lie?!
    Yeah, I don't give a rat's ass if you're an ageless vampire who's been around for a few thousand years. What the hell does your age have to do with anything? So basically you're telling me that old people do not lie?
    Me: I'm sorry, but I have to get a manager.
    SC: But I just told you what happened.
    Me: I can't make that call, sir. I have to get my manager.
    He tried to stop me, but I went ahead and got on the radio and called my manager down to the stand. He left in a big hurry, claiming he was missing his movie. Ask me if I give a shit, you dumbass. Its not my fault you can't remember to pick up your food after you pay for it. And as I said before, I have little respect, probably none at all, for people who send their kids to pay for their stuff.
    For those of you who thought he was a scammer, well it turns out that he was telling the truth and complained on me (thank God I gave my manager a heads up about him before he had a chance to) and the manager did a refund for him. All the same, I don't know what happened before I got there to take the other employee's shift, so I'm certainly not about to just give him the candy, especially when there are cameras watching and I can be fired for giving away free food. No, I'm going to get a manager involved, no matter what the customer says.

Goin' to a movie & tryin' to scam some candy like a teenager at his age,it's sad & pathetic.Some people never grow up.
    "If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous he will not bite you.This is the principal difference between a man and a dog"

Mark Twain

Comment

Quoth Frantic Freddie View Post
      Goin' to a movie & tryin' to scam some candy like a teenager at his age,it's sad & pathetic.Some people never grow up.
      Well, in this case it wasn't a scam, but the customer was too impatient to wait for a manager to authorize.
      "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Comment

SC: Wait, hold up! I'm 50 years old! Do you think I'd lie?!
        hmm, let me think on this one...

yes

if he can't trust his kid to do the job, maybe sir stupid should walk him through the purchasing ordeal as you instruct him on how to instruct his kid to make purchases.
        look! it's ghengis khan!
        Sorry, but while I can do many things, extracting heads from anuses isn't one of them. (so sayeth the irv)

Comment

Aren't most politicians over the age of 50? Just a thought.
          Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

Quoth Kristev View Post
            I was thinking the same thing.

Also, maybe I missed something, but I don't see how it was proven that he was telling the truth. All I saw was that the manager caved.
            Sometimes life is altered.
            Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
            Uneasy with confrontation.
            Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Comment

good point, kristev. ironic that he should rely on age as reasoning for honesty.
              look! it's ghengis khan!
              Sorry, but while I can do many things, extracting heads from anuses isn't one of them. (so sayeth the irv)

Comment

and what's the complaint going to do against you?
                get you in trouble because you tried to get a manager?

um... the SC ended up asking for a manager anyway. probably the same person you were going to get ahold of.

what a dingbat

Comment

Good call on getting the manager involved..better safe than sorry..

Comment

People like this irritate me. Of course we can't just take your word for it. That isn't a reflection of your character, I don't know you therefore cannot make that judgement, it's for the pure fact that there are dishonest people out there and I have no way of knowing if you are one of them. This is why people are issued with receipts. Do the police take the word of every suspect who claims to be innocent? No! So why should retail be any different? Jeez.

Comment

And if it was a case of him not wanting to miss any of the movie, he ended up missing a good chunk of it anyway making a stink about his kid messing up.
                      There had to be DUMB in the water today. - Summerfly413

Comment

You've summed up my day

Ninety percent of the calls escalated from agent to supervisor (me) are "someone told me I can do (such and such). No, I don't remember her name or what call center she's in. You have to honor it because that's what she told me."

No, I don't.

But as supervisor I have the flexibility to play the hero and give SC what they want. The agent who told SC "No" becomes the bad guy in SC's eyes, but that's okay. She did her job right, and she's already taking someone else's call.

So your manager did the same as I might have done.

Comment

Hm... an interesting tactic. Taking a cue from a recent movie, I think I'll try this line:

"If you don't have sex with me in the next ten minutes, the world is going to end. Seriously. After all, I'm over 50, why would I lie to you?"

(It should work -- I'm 51! Now, if only I can get Sophia Loren's attention!)
                          I will not be pushed, stamped, filed, indexed, briefed, debriefed, or numbered. My life is my own. --#6

Comment

Quoth Captain Trips View Post
                            Hm... an interesting tactic. Taking a cue from a recent movie, I think I'll try this line:

"If you don't have sex with me in the next ten minutes, the world is going to end. Seriously. After all, I'm over 50, why would I lie to you?"

(It should work -- I'm 51! Now, if only I can get Sophia Loren's attention!)
                            She's 76,she'd consider you & me (I'm 54) just kids But I'm with ya,the lady's still fine lookin'!!!
                            "If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous he will not bite you.This is the principal difference between a man and a dog"

Mark Twain

Comment

Ah, yes, I hate it when people do things like that. I hate it when the customer expects you to fix something that they may or may not have screwed up with another coworker. They always get mad a you for not believing them. If you care so much, then find the person who helped you in the first place.
                              Check out my art: http://mechanicold.deviantart.com/

Comment

Working...
                              X