Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Don't you care about my child?" (long, nasty language)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Kereminde View Post
    Notably, I respond to abusive customers by removing their ability to abuse me. Generally this is done by departing their location, or by staring them into silence if I cannot leave my station. Preferably with a blank, level stare which cannot be construed as a threat.
    I've done that too. I call it the Marilyn Whirlwind look (after the Northern Exposure character; it's the same expression she gives Joel or Maurice when they go into long-winded tirades and she's basically telling them "You're an idiot" without uttering a word).

It works really well, too. When they're ranting and raving, spouting sound and fury signifying nothing and you just gaze at them, unruffled, it totally takes the wind out of their sails and they eventually give up and leave.
    I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
    My LiveJournal
    A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Quoth ZedOmega View Post
      I can take a guess.
      "Suspect was arrested at 7:33 p.m. on the charges of aggravated assault, terroristic threat, attempted blackmail, negligence and being a total jizz-boiler. Miranda rights were read to her, to which she responded, 'They were supposed to <censored> my <censored> kid! <censored> you, you <long string of censors>'. Let the record also show that while she talked, our K9 units started howling in pain."
      ...not only the K9 units would howl in pain, I'm afraid... but I like this scenario. A lot
      Quoth mariamousie1 View Post
      Find out who she is and sue her for assault! This kind of thing makes me so mad!
      Seconded (or rather, hundredthed if I am allow to make a word up).
      Quoth mattm04 View Post
      Which would cue the inevitable racism* charge for hating her and her child.
      *Note: Racism claim does not have to be of different races to be used.
      Oh, I'm sure racism can be pulled anyway... or sexism, or ageism, or whateverism, which from my point of view are all specifications of racism.
      Don't worry, SCs are damn good at finding ANY excuse to accuse anyone of some -ism.
      FABRICATI DIEM, PVNC

You're not a unique snowflake unless you create your own mould (Raps)

***GK, Sarcastro, Lupo, LingualMonkey, BookBint, Jester, Irv, Hero & Marlowe fan***

Comment

Working...
      X