Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interestingly enough, I've never had any problems with Line of Price (probably because I'm smart enough to never book with them, and they're smart enough to know that our manager is a vindictive asshole and it's not worth working with him when he can get easily 20% more from "gravitationally curved path of an object"'z)
    To be honest, I'm surprised no one else has mentioned problems with pedExia... if I had a nickel for every time they screwed up, I'd be rich.
    If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

Smiley, pedExia... well we don't get many issues but they did keep letting a guy book rooms with the same fraudulent card, under different names despite my revenue manager calling them and telling them we were refusing them. We can't prove it but we're 99% sure they were part of the thefts that were hitting our hotel chain at the time (in room thefts).

We don't deal with L o P directly but another one of their sites Last Second. Once in a blue moon do I get an issue, I'm quite fond of them at the moment.
      Last edited by CloserToSane; 12-20-2010, 12:14 PM. Reason: No idea who I'm talking to
      "So you think they named this ship the "Chimera" because there's a monster on board?" Tony DiNozzo

"They did not name it the puppy" Ziva David - NCIS, Chimera

Comment

Oh, I forgot to mention my favorite gripes with pedExia... apparently our airport location has a 24 hour shuttle... we don't, and our Draper location also has a 24 hour shuttle (doesn't even have a shuttle at all)... they've told guests we have an indoor pool open year round (not even close) and that we have a full breakfast buffet, when we really only have continental). Yeah, I love pedExia
        If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

Ohh we've had the pool one too. I think it was last month they said we have 2 golf courses. My hotel is a rectangle on a main road, with a tiny park/old graveyard behind it and only 5 floors of accommodation, ground floor and the loft. I'm not sure where we put the golf course or pool. As well as a pool, spa and gym (we have a half assed fitness room). That one got me 3 hours OT trying to sort out the websites (I think it was wholesale not 3rd party though) and the guests reservation.
          "So you think they named this ship the "Chimera" because there's a monster on board?" Tony DiNozzo

"They did not name it the puppy" Ziva David - NCIS, Chimera

Comment

K maybe it's me being a little young yet and naive.....and I haven't a criminal record or ever destroyed anything while drunk before that wasn't mine.....but uh....I am embarrassed to ever return to a bar where I got too drunk and said embarrassing things.....why in the world would someone even so much as dare to return to a hotel where they caused as much damage as the cost of a used car or a year's tuition? I mean, really?!

Some people are truly, truly shameless.
            You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Quoth Mondestrucken View Post
              What do you want to bet that Line of Price's policy is to give the customer whatever they want, no matter what.

Line of Price has Jerkoid as customer, and he wants to stay HERE, then give him what he wants, even though they have been warned he will be arrested.
              It's not as if L of P has to actually deal with him and any damages caused by him. Plus they're getting a cut out of every room or ticket they sell somehow.

And William Shatner doesn't do commercials for free.

I might be in the market for a hotel room or two in case any CS gatherings happen to occur near me. I've been in touch with a couple people. Should they happen I don't think I will using L of P if they have such a bad reputation with hotels.
              Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Our management company has had it with LOP. We have had major issues with them at my hotel and LOP just does not seem to care. They have told them that we accept pets over 80 lb, which we don't. Told guests that they could have free use of our shuttle for a wedding party ($75 per round trip), that we allow under 21, that we allow private functions to be held in our pool area, that we have microwaves in each room, that we have a free breakfast, and numerous other things.

They also don't honor our ban list as pointed out in this thread. And if we refuse to take a guest they try and make us take them.

One of our other properties had a guest that used them to make his reservation, checked in and upon check out housekeeping discovered what can best be described as a bio hazard situation in the room, their GM charged his card for the damages and the moron filed a complaint with them claiming that he never did the damages, LOP sided with him and tried to make the hotel refund the charges, their GM refused and LOP raised a huge stink.

Guests who book our hotel using LOP are more likely to get the short end of the stick. If we are out of their requested room type then they will not be getting that room type and are the lowest priority when it comes to assigning rooms.
                Accountant by trade, Night Auditing Drunksitter by choice.

Comment

"Hi, is this LOP? Yes, you sent a guest to us after we had warned you that he would be arrested due to his destructive behavior on a prior visit...uh huh...Well, ya see, we didn't get a chance to get his CC information, so we'll be sending YOU the bill for the stuff he broke THIS time around"...
                  "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                  "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                  "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                  "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                  "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                  "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                  Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                  "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Working...
                  X