Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I used to get that when I worked at a local theme park. The funniest times happened with 2 costumes for the ride operators. Picture a hot summer day and I am walking past you in a purple jumpsuit with "T0WER 0F TERR0R" printed down the leg, a silver spandex t-shirt and a purple cap. Then you ask if I work there. As I am standing there, sweating in the heat, shocked that that question was asked, and as I'm trying to think of an answer, I get told "Sorry, I thought you worked here. I'll ask someone else." And they walked off.

The other costume that got that question most often was The Drop uniform, which was a pair of overalls, bright yellow t-shirt, yellow hard-hat (that we had to wear when away from our rides), and gloves. "No sir, this is the usual attire I wear when visiting a theme park on a 30 degree day." These 2 uniforms were the worst of the lot, both in the heat and embarrassment factor.

That was our department. But the best I heard of was when our resident clown had just got out of his clown car (convertible, it is Queensland after all) and a guest asked if he worked there. He was a clown, with shocking red wig and full clown make-up, big floppy shoes and clown clothes, and his car was painted like a rainbow. "Do you work here?" Luckily as part of his act he was allowed to say "No, but could you tell me how to get to the polar bears". This is especially funny when you realise that the polar bears were in a theme park about 20 minutes drive away. Poor guest didn't even know that he was the butt of a joke and walked off saying he would find someone to answer both of their questions. The crowd burst out laughing.

Comment

I would have people ask me that all the time at The Bullseye, when I'm there in my hideous red and khaki straightening shelves or taking things off of a giant red metal tub to put in their place. It usually came after they looked at my nametag, too, which had the store name printed on it visibly. Even better if it was in the middle of winter and I was wandering around in short sleeves with no sign of a coat

Too bad I couldn't answer the way I chose without worrying about getting in trouble.

"Do you work here?"
      "Depends whether you're looking for help or not"
      "So, let's build a snowman! We can make him our best friend. We can name him Bob or we can name him Beowulf! We can make him tall, or we can make him not so tall!"

Comment

No, I don't work here.. I just like to don the uniform and name tag and confuse people.

ExRetailDrone.. I love you quote.. I love that movie.
        Last edited by HappyFun Ball; 12-19-2010, 11:39 PM.
        http://www.customerssuck.com/?m=20080203

My destiny is not pretty, but it's what my cutie mark is telling me.

Comment

Working...
        X