X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are you functional?

Very!

Get that reference. .

Minor suckage, had a woman come through my line trying to return something she'd bought "either in 2008 or 2009, I don't remember when."

Naturally, our systems didn't register such an old item, we'd long since stopped carrying it.

Seriously, lady? SERIOUSLY? DOES YOUR BRAIN WORK?

Next story was a bit later.

Don't giggle about the fact you gave me $100 for less than $10. It's not very funny at all.
    Last edited by Tama; 12-19-2010, 12:38 AM.
    My Guide to Oblivion

"I resent the implication that I've gone mad, Sprocket."

Good lord, it would never even occur to me to try to return something that was a year or two old! With or without a receipt. Wow.
    When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Commander Data in 1st season STNG episode The Naked Now.

What do I win?
      They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

I can do better: had several customers try to return things that were from 2006 and were from a different chain of craft stores.
        Eh, one day I'll have something useful here. Until then, have a cookie or two.

Comment

i can try to top that:

when i worked for a bookstore, the customer tried to claim 'i just got this as a gift for christmas' (2008).

it was a gift receipt

from 2004

so faded that we almost couldn't make it out (we had to hold it up to the light!)

thank GOD they changed the return policy later to 2 weeks with a receipt, and not 'forever if we ever carried this book at some point in the past'

Comment

Internet cookies, Panacea.

I've completely fallen in love with Data, I swear...

Not Geordi, not Riker, not Worf (who is rather Spartan-like)....but Data, the unfeeling.

The woman in mine didn't have her receipt at all, I think.
            My Guide to Oblivion

"I resent the implication that I've gone mad, Sprocket."

Comment

Quoth MoonCat View Post
              Good lord, it would never even occur to me to try to return something that was a year or two old! With or without a receipt. Wow.
              Ooch. My aunt is notorious for this. As in, it would not surprise me if there are stores around here that have her mugshot posted in the breakroom I was just at Greenwalls drugstore tonight when I ran into her and her daughter...Aunt was at the cosmetics counter talking with a cashier. Daughter informed me that Aunt was trying to return something she had purchased there six months ago >_>
              "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
              "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
              "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
              "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
              "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
              "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
              Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
              "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Working...
              X