This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If you want it there by Christmas...

...how about reading and paying attention to the Delivery Information on the product page before ordering the item and calling us because it's not there yet? Yes, I agree some of the descriptions are confusing - for example, "Please allow 4-6 weeks for delivery, order by December 20 for Christmas delivery". If I saw 4-6 weeks and it was THAT important to me to get it by Christmas I'd probably either skip it and find something else or call BEFORE I ordered to see what the reps suggest based on their knowledge of these things. But if it says "Allow 3-5 days for delivery" and you think because you paid for FedEx Overnight you'll get it tomorrow...you are just very bad at math.

Also, if you're ordering something for Christmas and it says you should receive it by Christmas, it means by Christmas Eve. It doesn't mean by December 17 because your office is going to be closed the next week and you chose to have it shipped there anyway. How are they supposed to know you won't be there to get the package??? Geez.
    "I was only LOOKING, I didn't mean to enter my card's CVV and actually ORDER! REFUND ME RIGHT NOW!!"

Quoth BeenThereDoneThat View Post
    Also, if you're ordering something for Christmas and it says you should receive it by Christmas, it means by Christmas Eve. It doesn't mean by December 17 because your office is going to be closed the next week and you chose to have it shipped there anyway. How are they supposed to know you won't be there to get the package??? Geez.
    Yes, it's great when people give you a shipping address and then get pissed when they aren't there to accept delivery.

Comment

Quoth Raveni View Post
      Yes, it's great when people give you a shipping address and then get pissed when they aren't there to accept delivery.
      Ugh. We're our office-complex's "package storage" for this very reason -- the3 shipper companies leave packages with us when the recipients aren't there. The lawyer's office next door is REALLY bad about it, they show up maybe once or twice a week; I feel kinda sorry for the people dropping extra $$ on FedEx Overnight whose stuff sits in our office for 3 days >_>

We should charge these guys storage rent...
      "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
      "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
      "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
      "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
      "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
      "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
      Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
      "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

I've noticed that every time I order something on Amazon, it takes a full week to receive a "Your Package Has Been Shipped" notice if I'm having it sent to my house. I ordered some stuff and had it sent to my sister's house in Connecticut (Christmas presents that I decided that, since we're spending Christmas with my sister and future in-laws, it would be easier to send there instead of having to wrap them here and try to fit them into my suitcase to take there), though, and received said notice the next day. Not sure what's up with that.
        "Things that fail to kill me make me level up." ~ NateWantsToBattle, Training Hard (Counting Stars parody)

Comment

Quoth firecat88 View Post
          I've noticed that every time I order something on Amazon, it takes a full week to receive a "Your Package Has Been Shipped" notice
          Different shippers with differing levels of efficiency, maybe?
          "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
          "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
          "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
          "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
          "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
          "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
          Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
          "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

I got annoyed with an Ebay seller who blamed the holiday for the delay...which it clearly wasn't.

I ordered it on Nov. 15th. My payment cleared on the 17th. They sent me a notice the payment had cleared and that I would get a notice of shipment as soon as they sent it out.

Nov. 27th still had gotten no notice of shipment. I emailed them inquiring as to why.

Dec. 2nd. Still no notice, emailed them again.

Dec. 5th, got an email back that they had shipped within 'two days of payment received' and I got a tracking number. Tracking number didn't work.

Dec. 7th. Tracking number still didn't work. Emailed them back. No response.

Dec. 12th. Tracking number worked...and showed the package had been recieved by the shipper on Dec. 10th.

Package arrived Dec. 24th.

It wasn't for Christmas, but c'mon. Don't blame the holiday on the delay when you claim that the package was shipped within two days of the payment, when it wasn't really sent until nearly a month later.
            My dollhouse blog.

Blog about life

Comment

Working...
            X