X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth SteeleDragon78 View Post
    as to the guy with the atari system, it could have been this
    No, all the systems used by that client are proprietary and Windows based. Plus....I'm not sure that could process a VISA either with those specs. >.>

Comment

Last week I saw a doc on Nunavut and thought of you. It is called "Never Lose Sight" this is the discription:
      This short documentary presents the environmental challenges in Nunavut. Beneath the immaculate layer of snow, there are mountains of trash. Iqaluit's two dumps are filled beyond capacity and the municipality has no plan to solve the problem.
      In short - they don't have a way to transport their trash out so it just sits there in the snow. Some of the people in the doc built an entire house from scavanged trash found at the dump. Sadly, not one person interviewed was wearing pink camo.

Comment

Quoth Gravekeeper View Post
        SC: “Hi, yeah. I’m not in need of Mr and Mrs and her husband dressing up in some sort of victims service officers constable outfit trying to do a non-threatening kind of a thing saying hello to me without my consent.”
        Wait... Mr and Mrs and her husband?

^-.-^
        Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

SC: “Hi, yeah. I’m not in need of Mr and Mrs and her husband dressing up in some sort of victims service officers constable outfit trying to do a non-threatening kind of a thing saying hello to me without my consent.”
          OK, this is just about the least coherent thing I've seen since...well, probably your last call from Uncle Vick.

Welcome back!
          When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

< stops twitching from Gravekeeper withdrawal>

WELCOME BACK !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Yes, much as the previous item only comes in Plum, that item only comes in Black. You may rest assured that the headgear you seek will be totally absent of all colour. Though I am beginning to question exactly what sort of outfit you’re putting together here and why.
              Hey, some people just like black. You don't have to be an emo, a goth, a headbanger, a ninja, or an inbred citizen of the Frozen Northlands to like that color. I myself own much black apparel.

Though now that I think about it, black might be both good and bad in the Frozen Northlands. Good because it makes it easier for their friends to spot them against all the white. Bad because it makes it easier for wolves and other such beasties to spot them. Well, bad for them. Not necessarily bad for you, GK, as that would winnow out some of your more annoying callers.

So really, you should be encouraging this new fashion trend up north, don't ya think?

This calls for egg nog.
              I love egg nog. With or without rum (though of course it's always better with rum), I love the stuff. One of my favorite ingestibles this time of year. Have a carton of it in my fridge. No, really. I LOVE egg nog!

Expired egg nog.
              Dude! Stop ruining my love affair with The Nog with such horrible mental images!

Me: “And your postal code please?”
              SC: “Oh, I don’t have that.
              How do they not have their postal code? Are they new to the area? Did they really have to go check their mail just to find out what their own postal code is? How stupid is this person?

And how dumb am *I* for even asking that question in relation to one of GK's callers?

Please Don't Kill Me

I cannot speak its name, obviously, and will say only that...dialing....was involved.

Please don't kill me, I didn't know at the time. >.>
              This is all very cryptic, and for once I have no idea whatsoever what you are talking about.

It would be akin to me saying that a guy I used to work with now does stuff for this show that involves detecting.* Yeah, yeah, I know you can't mention the show in question, work confidentiality and all that....I just don't understand why you even brought this up, or what was so unusual that you found in your company's database.

*For the record, my old radio show partner is now a writer for The Mentalist.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
              Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
                Hey, some people just like black. You don't have to be an emo, a goth, a headbanger, a ninja, or an inbred citizen of the Frozen Northlands to like that color. I myself own much black apparel.

Though now that I think about it, black might be both good and bad in the Frozen Northlands. Good because it makes it easier for their friends to spot them against all the white. Bad because it makes it easier for wolves and other such beasties to spot them. Well, bad for them. Not necessarily bad for you, GK, as that would winnow out some of your more annoying callers.

So really, you should be encouraging this new fashion trend up north, don't ya think?
                well the pink camo trend should make them stand out to wolves about as much as possible, the only other thing I can think of is maybe the dayglo orange they make lifejackets/rafts etc out of
                "You can only try so hard to look like you are working before actually doing your work seems easy in comparison" -My Boss

CW: So what exactly do you do in retentions?
                Me: ummm, I ....retent stuff?

Comment

Welcome back, GK! This was a nice surprise!

But I wonder: who was it that had to take over your shift when you were gone, and did they experience as much horror as you do on a nightly basis?
                  "If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you."

Comment

Quoth Jester
                    I love egg nog. With or without rum (though of course it's always better with rum), I love the stuff. One of my favorite ingestibles this time of year. Have a carton of it in my fridge. No, really. I LOVE egg nog!
                    Egg Nog is one of those things that goes from fantastical to disgusting very rapidly for me. The first few sips are awesome, the next few are good, but then from that point on it spirals downwards till I'm staring at the last mouthful in the bottom of the glass wondering what the hell I was thinking.

Quoth Jester
                    This is all very cryptic, and for once I have no idea whatsoever what you are talking about.
                    Yes, quite cryptic, but it has many fans here that should get it. Though to be specific, it was the one that involved Pegasus. ( Pegasii? ). Other than that we normally just handled a variety of tv/film stuff around here. Usually their call times and stuff. We use to have one client whose only job was amassing the required extras for shows on a daily basis. Don't really do any of this these days though. This was years and years ago.

So much stuff is filmed around here. I believe I've mentioned before that I use to have to wade through SG-1's set on my way to work. Constantly. If not for them I'd have gotten to work 5 minutes earlier every night. -.-

Which reminds me, some day I'll have to tell you all about my salad days at my last company when I was but a young whelp. It doesn't exist anymore so its fair game. ;p

Quoth TheRabbi View Post
                    But I wonder: who was it that had to take over your shift when you were gone, and did they experience as much horror as you do on a nightly basis?
                    It was actually a new trainee, I haven't spoken with him since I came back. I wonder how badly he was traumatized... -.-

Comment

It was actually a new trainee, I haven't spoken with him since I came back. I wonder how badly he was traumatized... -.-
                      now thats what i call trial by fire
                      This is a drama-free zone; violators will be slapped. -Irving Patrick Freleigh
                      my blog:http://steeledragon.wordpress.com/

Comment

I believe I've mentioned before that I use to have to wade through SG-1's set on my way to work. Constantly. If not for them I'd have gotten to work 5 minutes earlier every night. -.-
                        So now I'm curious. Did you ever go through the Stargate to get to work?

/dork
                        "You are loved" - Plaidman.

Comment

Though to be specific, it was the one that involved Pegasus. ( Pegasii? ).
                          Jason and the Argonauts? Oh my, you got to breathe the same air as Ray Harryhausen?

I'd worship you if I lived much closer!

Rapscallion, in a fey and whimsical mood

Comment

Welcome back, GK! We are all most grateful to you for sharing your tales of horror with us.

Here, have some Everclear. It'll wipe those foul memories right out...along with some of your early childhood, I'm sure, if you have enough. Better yet, it makes for a dandy paint thinner replacement!

...No, I'm not kidding...
                            "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                            "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                            "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                            "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                            "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                            "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                            Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                            "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Sadly, not one person interviewed was wearing pink camo.
                              silly gk, they save that for the really special occasions, like monday or uncle fred's colostomy bag changing.

welcome back!
                              look! it's ghengis khan!
                              Sorry, but while I can do many things, extracting heads from anuses isn't one of them. (so sayeth the irv)

Comment

All dreams must come to an end. >.>
                                Darn.
                                I mean, good for us to have you back, but sorry for you.
                                SC: “I want it in black.”
                                SC: “I want that black one.”
                                SC: “And a black one.”
                                Me: “Alright, anything else?”
                                SC: “Is it black?”
                                Sssssssssssssssht! He is a ninja, you don't want to spoil his camo-of-stealth!
                                Me: “It comes to $115 total with shipping and tax.”
                                SC: “And if it gets here, how much would I pay?”
                                Urm... ah! Shipping is not delivery for those people. I'm guessing that the hamsterless hamster wheel in this person's head was picturing a scenario in which you'd put his ninja kit on a ship, ANY ship, unless he asks!
                                SC: “Unless it’s a major gateway for heroin and cocaine and that’s what’s really going on.”
                                I am sure that Prince Charles is involved somehow.
                                Me: “And your name please?”
                                SC: “One item only.”
                                …..a most peculiar name you have there, One Item Only. Though it doesn’t quite have the same majesty as Dances With Wolves or the boldness of Sitting Bull. But go with your strengths, I guess.
                                Hey, don't judge!
                                ...and here my brain broke.
                                WHAT?
                                “Music is my life. Music is my light against the dark. It is my second light, besides the first one. But like more than it.”
                                Hmrmhmph... the first one being? The sun?
                                Me: “Which catalog are you looking in?”
                                SC: “I don’t have a catalog, I’m looking at the thing.”
                                The item itself maybe? He wants another one?
                                FABRICATI DIEM, PVNC

You're not a unique snowflake unless you create your own mould (Raps)

***GK, Sarcastro, Lupo, LingualMonkey, BookBint, Jester, Irv, Hero & Marlowe fan***

Comment

Working...
                                X