This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Christmas nuts...

So we had a couple of stupid customers the other night.

REad the whole catalogue

Gentleman asked me for fresh prawns. I asked the deli girls, we have none. We only sell the frozen. Gentleman accuses us of false advertising and storms off. Turns out that he didn't read the catalogue correctly-it does say at the bottom "Seafood lines may not be available at all stores."

Wait your turn

Seems to be a recurring trend lately, but if I need to jump around to serve someone cigarettes, someone else will just dump their stuff on the register I was on. (we do not have a designated smokeshop person and we cannot give cigarettes from another register-it's a legal thing) The polite thing to do is to wait until you hear "who's next" from another operator, since you will get served quicker that way .
    First time I got chewed out by manager until I pointed out that I did not call anyone forward, in fact I just said "I will meet you around the front" to the person I WAS serving.

Reading is our friend....

We have 2 deals going on at the moment that are identical, however they are not for the same brands. People keep trying to get 2 of 1 and 1 of the other and passing it off as a deal.
    we also have 2 deals going on for similar items-it's a 2 for $X deal, but the bottles need to be the same ones. There's also a 50c difference between the two.
    Finally, some of our multibuy deals will exclude certain items-it is in the catalogue.

Also I just found out the reason why corporate is cutting our wages....they are worried that our stock is going to fall.....-_- seriously....
    The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

read the catalogue

have him watch this movie: http://district-9-movie-trailer.blogspot.com/ he'll get all the 'prawns' he wants.
    look! it's ghengis khan!
    Sorry, but while I can do many things, extracting heads from anuses isn't one of them. (so sayeth the irv)

Comment

Quoth fireheart17 View Post
      Also I just found out the reason why corporate is cutting our wages....they are worried that our stock is going to fall.....-_- seriously....
      That really sucks. Stick it to the workers, as usual. It may be time to polish up the résumé...
      I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
      My LiveJournal
      A page we can all agree with!

Comment

^ Because heaven forbid they have a cut in their stock options and executive compensation.....

Comment

Quoth GiggityGiggityGoo View Post
          ^ Because heaven forbid they have a cut in their stock options and executive compensation.....
          Exactly. Why should they have to go without the vacation house and the third luxury car? Meanwhile, the workers -- the ones who do the most work -- have to struggle to pay rent and groceries.
          I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
          My LiveJournal
          A page we can all agree with!

Comment

I'd like to try some Aussie shrimp sometime,I can pretty much eat my weight in shrimp
            "If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous he will not bite you.This is the principal difference between a man and a dog"

Mark Twain

Comment

Quoth Frantic Freddie View Post
              I'd like to try some Aussie shrimp sometime,I can pretty much eat my weight in shrimp
              Actually I refer to shrimp as shrimp and prawns as prawns

Comment

There's no such thing as "fresh prawns"; shrimp are frozen on the boats as they're being fished. If they aren't frozen, it means the store defrosted them.

Comment

Quoth TheSHAD0W View Post
                  There's no such thing as "fresh prawns"; shrimp are frozen on the boats as they're being fished. If they aren't frozen, it means the store defrosted them.
                  Yes but he doesn't know that now does he?

Comment

...Turns out that he didn't read the catalogue correctly-it does say at the bottom "Seafood lines may not be available at all stores."....
                    Ugh, I hate when stores do this. For a while, Bullseye would advertise the fruit/frozen crap that Super Bullseyes had, sometimes on the front page of the advertisement. The only problem was that my store (at the time) only had non-perishable food (candy, cereal, snacks.) Customers would come in and expect me to pull a freezer and fruit display out of my ass, and they'd be flabbergasted when I explain that the grocery section isn't in every store. The store now has a mini grocery section, though, but nothing like a Super B.

"In cases of customer bathroom emergencies, the toilet itself becomes less of a goal and more of a loose suggestion." - Shamus

Comment

Quoth TheSHAD0W

Yes but he doesn't know that now does he?

Ah yes!

But........The SHADOW Knows!

Mike
                      Meow.........

Comment

There are where I live.
                        "Sigh, I'm going to Hell.....but I'm going with a smile on my face." -- Gravekeeper

Comment

Quoth I_Hate_SCs View Post
                          Ugh, I hate when stores do this. For a while, Bullseye would advertise the fruit/frozen crap that Super Bullseyes had, sometimes on the front page of the advertisement. The only problem was that my store (at the time) only had non-perishable food (candy, cereal, snacks.) Customers would come in and expect me to pull a freezer and fruit display out of my ass, and they'd be flabbergasted when I explain that the grocery section isn't in every store. The store now has a mini grocery section, though, but nothing like a Super B.
                          I hear ya, here. I used to work at a Bullseye that had a mini grocery section with cooler and freezer stuff, but we weren't a Super Bullseye. We had issues every single time corporate decided to advertise milk for a super low price. That milk price was only available at Super Bullseyes, but of course the ad never specified that. We didn't carry Market Pantry milk, which is what was on sale, instead only really carrying a local brand. I hated those ads.
                          "So, let's build a snowman! We can make him our best friend. We can name him Bob or we can name him Beowulf! We can make him tall, or we can make him not so tall!"

Comment

Not always true. Just ask anyone that lives near the water. I know that I often have fresh non-frozen shrimp and prawns down here (Key West Pinks are legendary), and have had the same in Mexico (Mexican Browns and Mexican Blues are also legendary).

Though you are probably correct when it comes to stores that are not near where shrimp are harvested.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                            Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth JustaCashier View Post
                              Ah yes!

But........The SHADOW Knows!

Mike

*GROAN*

Showing our age, Mike?
                              Seshat's self-help guide:
                              1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
                              2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
                              3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
                              4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

Working...
                              X