X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ruining Christmases is a hard job, but somebody's got to do it

That somebody would be me.

Not an official ruining of Christmas, but today while working in toys I overheard some woman ask one of the floor people if we had a toy identified only as a slinky dog. This doesn't fit the description of anything we currently sell or have sold in the past, so floor person tells her we don't have it.

Woman then finds me and asks me if we have slinky dogs. I also tell her we don't. She huffs "this store never has anything I want!" and stomps off. I am told she asked at least a third person if we carried the slinky dog.

It may be true we don't sell anything that woman wants, but we do sell things she needs. Stuff like Midol, laxatives, duct tape (to go over her mouth), a stunning array of mood-altering drugs (by prescription only) and various implements that can be used to remove the stick from her ass.

Later on I'm making a trip to the little boy's room. I encounter a guy with his foot in a walking boot and on crutches, howling "This f-ing store never helps you with anything!" as his wife/girlfriend/friend with benefits/baby mama stands by with a wheelchair begging him to be quiet and just sit down in it. Girl, you're so lucky.

After doing a couple other things I'm returning to toys, and goodie! it looks like Mr. Crabbypants is wheeling his way over to the aisle I'm going to be working in. He lingers there for a while and then snarls "I've had it with this place. I wanna go to Wally World."

You might wish to rethink that, dude. Wally World is a fairly uncivilized place, and your foot in that boot signals weakness. There will most likely be fisticuffs to decide who gets to keep your ears as a trophy.
    Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

"Slinky dog" would be one of the characters from the Toy Story movies.

But the 'tude was totally off for someone who's supposed to shopping during the Most Wonderful Time of the Year.
    Sorry, my cow died so I don't need your bull

Comment

Quoth EvilEmpryss View Post
      "Slinky dog" would be one of the characters from the Toy Story movies.
      Like many of the characters in the Toy Story movies, it is also an actual toy. If you have not seen said movies, then the toy in question uses a "Slinky" spring set in the middle of a toy dog. When the front half is moved forward and the spring stretched out, the back half will slowly slide forward, until the spring is compressed again.

Comment

It is also available at Toys R Us. Saw it there a few days ago.

Your typical corner drug store Rite of Aid style is not going to have great selection in toys. Neither does the Big Red Spot. Wally World might . . . or might not.

But that is hardly the store's fault.
        They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
          You might wish to rethink that, dude. Wally World is a fairly uncivilized place, and your foot in that boot signals weakness. There will most likely be fisticuffs to decide who gets to keep your ears as a trophy.
          More likely they will fight him for his wheelchair.

And it shouldn't be a surprise to anyone that a Toy Story toy will be sold out this close to Christmas. I know, I know, shouldn't be, but it is...

Comment

Quoth PatchO'Black View Post
            Like many of the characters in the Toy Story movies, it is also an actual toy.
            One of the joys of being the age I am is watching the movies and seeing all of the toys I used to play with when I was a kid. My cousin actually had a slinky dog that I played with.
            Sorry, my cow died so I don't need your bull

Comment

My company refuses to acknowledge the existence/marketability of any Toy Story characters other than Woody and Buzz Lightyear. Oh, and Jessie. Also Barbie, but she's found in the regular Barbie doll section.
              Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

http://www.backtobasicstoys.com/imag...ge/lg_5414.jpg

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
                  I encounter a guy with his foot in a walking boot and on crutches, howling "This f-ing store never helps you with anything!"

<snippity>

After doing a couple other things I'm returning to toys, and goodie! it looks like Mr. Crabbypants is wheeling his way over to the aisle I'm going to be working in. He lingers there for a while and then snarls "I've had it with this place. I wanna go to Wally World."
                  Seriously? He thinks that your store never helps with anything, so he wants to go to Wally World??? What in the blazing Oreos is he smoking? And where can I get some where I'm that delusional? Just hopefully not as crabby.
                  "So, let's build a snowman! We can make him our best friend. We can name him Bob or we can name him Beowulf! We can make him tall, or we can make him not so tall!"

Comment

She huffs "this store never has anything I want!"
                    And yet she keeps coming back. Is that optimism, or just stupidity?
                    When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Quoth Raveni View Post
                      More likely they will fight him for his wheelchair.

And it shouldn't be a surprise to anyone that a Toy Story toy will be sold out this close to Christmas. I know, I know, shouldn't be, but it is...
                      No...

They will park in a handicap spot... RUN inside the store.. and dump the guy out of the wheel chair leaving him laying in a heap on the ground, so they can use it.
                      Just sliding down the razor blade of life.

Comment

Quoth MoonCat View Post
                        A variant on the definition of insanity mayhaps?
                        I AM the evil bastard!
                        A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

Quoth drunkenwildmage View Post
                          No...

They will park in a handicap spot... RUN inside the store.. and dump the guy out of the wheel chair leaving him laying in a heap on the ground, so they can use it.
                          I could totally see that happening at the store near me. . .sorry to say.

Quoth MoonCat View Post
                          As Tater Salad says, "Ya can't fix stupid."
                          Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Working...
                          X