Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Students are soon-to-be customers. And I feel sorry for the workers who'll be getting some of my students as customers >.<

And yay Kara! I'm still giggling over the Gilligan's Island...partly because I started singing along...
    My NaNo page

My author blog

Comment

Quoth SongsOfDragons View Post
      Love the Magic thing. Supernerds get stopped by nothing!!

Wonder if the guy with seizure spasms was genuine; they can take many forms and you don't have to be unconscious because of them. Though if the guy was epileptic surely he knows to run to the medical guy, unless he has to go through you...*shrugs*
      True, a friend of mine just sort of goes blank for about 5 minutes, and then continues on like nothing happened. It can be really strange because he will stop in the middle of a sentance and continue just like he had never stopped.
      EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

Quoth AccountingDrone View Post
        True, a friend of mine just sort of goes blank for about 5 minutes, and then continues on like nothing happened. It can be really strange because he will stop in the middle of a sentance and continue just like he had never stopped.
        That's a petit mal seizure. They lack the full body spasming of the full body seizure (tonic-clonic or grand mal), and the stupor like post itctal recovery phase.
        They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

Quoth Panacea View Post
          That's a petit mal seizure. They lack the full body spasming of the full body seizure (tonic-clonic or grand mal), and the stupor like post itctal recovery phase.
          I was gonna say, I'm not a doctor, but that sounds like a seizure.
          The High Priest is an Illusion!

Comment

Yay, Kara's back! How do you like your eggnog spiked, girl? I got plenty of options over here.

This might sound weird, but your stories remind me of babysitting small children, which I did a LOT of as a teenager. Especially small boys. The lengths they will go to to avoid work, the convoluted stories trying to get out of consequences for the dumb, DUMB things they do... You have to laugh, sometimes right at them, which offends them deeply, doesn't it?

Brownies with that eggnog?
            What colour is the sky in your world and how high of a dosage do you need before it turns back to blue? --Gravekeeper

Comment

Quoth mharbourgirl View Post
              Yay, Kara's back! How do you like your eggnog spiked, girl? I got plenty of options over here.
              As long as pruno isn't one of them...
              I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
              My LiveJournal
              A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Quoth XCashier View Post
                A con I knew said something I'll call 'Hersho' was worse. (fermented chocolate bars)
                I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Quoth Panacea View Post
                  Of course either pens or pencils can be made into weapons. But then again, so can a newspaper.
                  a weapon from a newspaper... do please go on...
                  If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

Quoth smileyeagle1021 View Post
                    We have a display case down at the training center for some of the contraband that's been taken over the years. There is some really cool stuff from our little mini-Maguyvers. The one I like best is a set of nunchaku made entirely of newspaper and masking tape (and a piece of string from a pair of gym shorts holding them together), and it's hard enough to crack someone's skull.

I saw a thing on Lockdown one time, these inmates in California figured out that you can mold wet toilet paper into the shape of a knife and if you do it right, when it dries it will have a sharp enough point to stab someone. Then they flush it, and presto, no more weapon.
                    "You are loved" - Plaidman.

Comment

First of all, welcome back, Kara !!

Secondly, I am always amazed at the ingenious things inmates can come up with. But I guess when you have nothing but time to think of this things, you can become quite a MacGyver
                      Dammit !! ~ Jack Bauer

Comment

Mythbusters did an episode where they (well, one of them, Adam actually, much to Jamie's surprise) made a working paper crossbow that could kill a man. They used elastic from prison-issued underwear to serve as the string.
                        PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

okaaaaaaaaay............ let me get this straight: they can -make their own and apparently possess their own- 'magic' cards, BUT they can't actually have the real thing......which....are....cards......

really....? who dreams up this stuff?

keep the tales coming! 8)

Comment

Roll them exceptionally tightly and you get a spear. Use the string from underwear: bow and arrow.

I've seen them take the blade out of a box of dental floss, cut off the end of a toothbrush, attach it and presto. Sneak up on someone and cut their throat.

Quoth The Electric Fetus View Post
                            okaaaaaaaaay............ let me get this straight: they can -make their own and apparently possess their own- 'magic' cards, BUT they can't actually have the real thing......which....are....cards......

really....? who dreams up this stuff?

keep the tales coming! 8)
                            Don't know about Kara's institution . . . but they weren't allowed at the jail I worked at because MTG (and D&D for that matter) "promote violence" and bad attitudes towards women.

There are still a few people in law enforcement who mistakenly believe that MTG and RPGs in general promote the occult (fortunately, most have realized it does not).

Of course, it is OK for them to have their regular playing cards . . . with which they play poker or other games and gamble, and then violence occurs when the loser doesn't/can't pay up.
                            They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

Quoth The Electric Fetus View Post
                              They are allowed a maximum of two decks of cards. A "deck" consists of a regular 52-card deck, or a pinochle deck.

I don't think it has anything to do with the occult factor. Wiccans are allowed to buy Tarot cards. I think the state just didn't take trading card games into account when they set the rules.

Besides, I know from my own personal collection of trading card games that it would be a real bitch to have to count all the cards when the inmate moves and we have to inventory their stuff.

Quoth Panacea View Post
                              Of course, it is OK for them to have their regular playing cards . . . with which they play poker or other games and gamble, and then violence occurs when the loser doesn't/can't pay up.
                              Right, but gambling is against the rules, so you know they'd NEVER play poker for money (or food, or sex, or whatever)
                              "You are loved" - Plaidman.

Comment

Quoth XCashier View Post
                                Ok, you've officially grossed me out, and I have younger brothers so I should be immune to gross at this point.

I have Bailey's, Caramilk liqueur, kaluha, and some really, REALLY good coffee (Celebes Kalossi, Indonesia grows the best coffee!). Oh, and a little bottle of rum and I can always steal a shot of MIL's Crown Royal if your tastebuds are dead enough to actually appreciate whiskey.

I are classy, no kiddin'.
                                What colour is the sky in your world and how high of a dosage do you need before it turns back to blue? --Gravekeeper

Comment

Working...
                                X