This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just Shut Up !!

Why must an SC repeat what they want 4-5 times to you as if you're stupid ? More times than I care to count the following takes place :

Me -

SC- Self explanatory

Me : Hi !! How can I help you today ?

SC : I need the new Metallica CD (or whomever)

Me : Ok. Follow me.

SC : The new Metallica CD

Me : (ignoring them)

SC : I need the new Metallica CD

Me : (wants to smack them)

Me : Here ya go !! (hands CD to SC)

SC : Is this the new Metallica CD ?

Me : Sure is !!

SC : Good. I need the new Metallica CD

Me : *facepalm*

I can't begin to tell you guys how fucking annoying that is. I'm sure some of you get the same thing. But when I have acknowledged that I heard you the first time, and you continue to repeat yourself, that's when I get a little insulted.
    Dammit !! ~ Jack Bauer

Because it is a gift and if they don't repeat it ad nauseum, they will forget and that would be a tragedy beyond belief.

Comment

Unfortunaltely, I feel your pain. I have certain customers who will call me and ask the same question over and over. Simple questions, like price, and they will still call me 5 freakin times. I want to start asking them if they have paper and pen handy to write this info down before going any further into the call.

Comment

Next time, have some fun with them. Assume they are having trouble understanding the concept of you helping them. They have to repeat, so you have to repeat.

SC : I need the new Metallica CD (or whomever)

"Ok. Follow me."

SC : The new Metallica CD

"Ok. Follow me."

SC : I need the new Metallica CD

"Ok. Follow me. Here ya go !!" (hands CD to SC)

SC : Is this the new Metallica CD ?

"No, that's the new Metallica CD"

If they get upset, explain that you thought they were being cute or playing around, and you were just joining in the fun. They might just catch on to how stupid they sound AND that you heard them the first time.
        "Ignorance is no excuse for a law."
        .................................................. ..................- Alfred E. Newman

Comment

Working...
        X