This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Holiday Blues

So, one more day and then hopefully the gift card rush will stop... Hopefully being the keyword.

What do you mean you're only open until five today?!
    Yes, I apologize we're only open until 5 instead of our usual 8PM... But either way, we're still open longer than 95% of the banks around here.

Is this going to take awhile?! I need to be somewhere
    Sure chief, you're the one who waited until Christmas Eve to buy 45 gift cards... Let me put on my speedy hat for you!

I hope you know, you ruined my whole family's christmas.
    Yup, because you spending over $300 you didn't have is my fault... And I'm still not returning your fees.

You're going to regret this!
    Everyday of my life sir.

What do you mean you aren't open tomorrow?!
    Seriously? SERIOUSLY?! I'm sorry upper management has been so kind to want us to spend time with family and friends. I understand you don't celebrate Christmas, but NOTHING is open tomorrow... So use the ATM Creeper McGee.

Follow up: Well, I need you to be in here tomorrow so I can do my deposits!
    I don't think you're getting the hint... FUCK OFF! I won't be coming in for you, nor do I care if you whine up a storm at my desk! Oh, you want the manager?! Fancy that, you're talking to him. You aren't that important for me to come in, shut off the alarms, and open a teller drawer so I can do your tiny deposit of $100... Again, use the ATM machine, champ.

I'll just take my business elsewhere!
    If only that Christmas wish would come true.

What time do you guys close? What time are you guys open until? Do you close early?
    I can only answer this question so many times before I want to just hang up on you.

Have a great holiday!
    Thank you, I'm glad someone has a nice bone in their body... You too.
    There had to be DUMB in the water today. - Summerfly413

It really amazes me how many people expect everyone to be open on Christmas for their convenience.

I'd start asking, "Are YOU going to work tomorrow?"
    Getting offended is a great way to avoid answering questions that make you sound dumb. - exmocaptainmoroni

Comment

Quoth Mystic View Post
      It really amazes me how many people expect everyone to be open on Christmas for their convenience.
      They'll get what they want eventually.
      Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Once others start being open on the holidays it will basically force other businesses to remain open so pretty much anyone who isn't a manager will be working so then that guy cannot come in and make his deposit anyway due to the fact he, and others like him, started a trend and now he has to work because of it.
        Bark like a chicken!

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
          They'll get what they want eventually.
          No Irv, say it ain't true!

It scares me that you are probably right, though. *curls up in a ball with my Santa had on*
          Hinakiba777- Student of Divinity-Always trying to get laid.

Annoying student=I pay tuition here so I pay your salary!
          Desk Worker=I pay tuition here, too. So I guess I pay myself.

Comment

Quoth Skeksin View Post
            Once others start being open on the holidays it will basically force other businesses to remain open so pretty much anyone who isn't a manager will be working so then that guy cannot come in and make his deposit anyway due to the fact he, and others like him, started a trend and now he has to work because of it.
            If the place opens on Christmas in the future, that'll be the one year the guy decides he wants to stay at home and do his deposits on the 24th, or 26th.

"In cases of customer bathroom emergencies, the toilet itself becomes less of a goal and more of a loose suggestion." - Shamus

Comment

I work at the only brick and mortar rental store left, i'm always surprised at how much sympathy we get for being open every day of the year. ^_^

Comment

Follow up: Well, I need you to be in here tomorrow so I can do my deposits!
                I don't think you're getting the hint... FUCK OFF! I won't be coming in for you, nor do I care if you whine up a storm at my desk! Oh, you want the manager?! Fancy that, you're talking to him. You aren't that important for me to come in, shut off the alarms, and open a teller drawer so I can do your tiny deposit of $100... Again, use the ATM machine, champ.
                I love your responses here. Who the hell needs to do deposits on Christmas Day anyway?
                When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Quoth MoonCat View Post
                  Who the hell needs to do deposits on Christmas Day anyway?

The Easter Bunny and Tooth Fairy, of course!

I mean Santa, delivering to all the kids in the World in such a short time frame?

Yeah, I know, Magic, and all that, which I'm good with, but not the entire World!

But yeah, split it up three ways?

I'm good with that!

So, since Santa pays them immediately after successfully delivering their entire share, there is a need to have banks open on Christmas, so that they can go to the nearest one and deposit in person, and not have to worry about carrying around such a large sum of money, (Santa pays Cash Only), or trying to feed it all into an ATM.

Mike
                  Meow.........

Comment

I have officially decided that your bank sucks more than mine.

We really didn't get much fuss about closing at 1pm, and while the 9:30 am line was to the door (my branch is big, so that's a LONG line) people seemed to accept that the eight tellers (every window we have) were doing all they could to help.

Worst we had was a lady who was opening a new account right before close--doors were locked before she was done--who decided she was going to move slow as molasses when all of her business was done, get a last cup of coffee, take a long look around the inside of the building (yes, that's where the coin machine is. it's a gray machine that counts change. not that impressive), before finally moving her butt out the door we were holding open for her so we could close and go home. No major suck at all.

Comment

Kids who are getting their checks in the morning? :P
                      Childrenofthenight.Thecomicseries.com/comics/latest

Check out my comic. I write, my friend Red draws. Comments welcome. Leave them on their, or on my profile here.

Comment

I did my deposit Thursday morning before work, because I knew my bank would not be open Christmas (it's never open on Saturdays anyway), and I wasn't sure if it would be open today.

Why?

Because I am not an inconsiderate douchebag ass clown, and I fucking think ahead.

Novel idea, I know.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                        Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post

Because I am not an inconsiderate douchebag ass clown, and I fucking think ahead.

Novel idea, I know.
                          Me too. It's too bad that there can't be classes offered on this subject.

Comment

You guys should move down here...This place is a freaking *ghost town* on both Thanksgiving day and XMAS day >_> A few non-local cars doing 100 on the interstate 'cuz even most of the cops seem to take the day off, but that's about it... No point in any place aside from the odd 24-hour drugstore to be open.
                            "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                            "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                            "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                            "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                            "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                            "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                            Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                            "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Quoth EricKei View Post
                              You guys should move down here...This place is a freaking *ghost town* on both Thanksgiving day and XMAS day >_> A few non-local cars doing 100 on the interstate 'cuz even most of the cops seem to take the day off, but that's about it... No point in any place aside from the odd 24-hour drugstore to be open.
                              IMHO, that's the way it should be. Emergency services open, of course (and employees getting holiday pay for it), but all non-emergency places should be closed so people can have the holiday off. It's sad that so many companies are so greedy that they're open on holidays when their employees should be spending time with family and friends, or just kicking back and enjoying a day off.
                              I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                              My LiveJournal
                              A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Working...
                              X