Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I didn't realize "be a bigger douche" was a common new years resolution.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I didn't realize "be a bigger douche" was a common new years resolution.

WARNING: This post contains my usual foul language, plus a word I would never dare say except when quoting SC's.

What's a single loss compared to 7 gains?
    I take a phone call. Usual stuff really. Girl is asking me about rates and availability. SC walks up to the desk while I'm still on the phone.

SC: How much for a room?
    Me: It's $69.99
    SC: Ok I'll get a room please.
    Me: Sure, it'll just be a few minutes.
    SC: A few minutes? Why?
    Me: (pointing to phone) I'm on the phone with someone else at the moment.
    SC: You just lost a customer.

No big deal. It's 3:00 in the morning on New Years Day. We won't notice that loss.

We can agree on one thing. I definitely smell some shit.
    I check a couple into a room. 5 minutes later they come back.
    SCM: This room smells like someone had just taken a shit.
    Me: That's very unsual. Do you mind if I investigate the problem?
    SCM: Sure, but I'm telling you it smells like shit.

I go and check the room. The only shit I smelled was the bullshit the guy was spewing.

Me: I don't smell anythnig, but I'd be happy to move you to another room.

You keep using the N word. I do not think it means what you think it means.
    I checked in another couple. It seemed pretty straightforward until I asked for a cash deposit.

SCM: I want you to write down that I paid a deposit.
    Me: I'll have a receipt. Don't worry.
    SCM: How much is it?
    Me: Including deposit, $167.40.
    SCM: (holding a wad of cash) I only have $67 even.
    Me: I need $67.40
    SCM starts asking the people in back of them for $0.40. Meanwhile he hands me $167 and I see he still has money.
    Me: You're telling me that you don't have money in that wad of cash to come up with $0.40?
    SCM admits defeat and hands me a dollar bill.

I get the change and hand it back to SCW. One of the quarter slips and falls on the desk.

SCW: What the fuck are you doing? Why the fuck did you throw change at me?
    Me: I did not. The quarter slipped.
    SCW: No it did not you fucking nigger. You did that on purpose. I have a lot more change that I can throw right back.

WTF!! If you already had change, why didn't you cough it up already?
    To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Quoth Mr Hero View Post
    SCW: What the fuck are you doing? Why the fuck did you throw change at me?
    Me: I did not. The quarter slipped.
    SCW: No it did not you fucking nigger. You did that on purpose. I have a lot more change that I can throw right back.

WTF!! If you already had change, why didn't you cough it up already?
    Can you refuse to rent a room to someone who abuses you with profanity like that?
    They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

Agreed! Can you now give the money right back and kick him the hell out?

I've never understood people who become raging arseholes to the folks with power. Wanna rent a room? Buy food? Get something for a discounted rate? Perhaps you shouldn't scream & insult the person helping you.
      A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

agreed; there was no call for that, even if he felt a bit embarrassed over his cheapness. wtf
        look! it's ghengis khan!
        Sorry, but while I can do many things, extracting heads from anuses isn't one of them. (so sayeth the irv)

Comment

Wow, what a way to start the New Year. Sorry you had to put up with that!
          When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Quoth Mr Hero View Post
            plus a word I would never dare say except when quoting SC's.
            ..."customer" ?
            "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
            "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
            "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
            "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
            "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
            "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
            Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
            "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

heh....I had someone do something similar when I work at Blockbuster. I was explaining to a customer his late fees (a pretty decent amount if I remember correctly) and he just exploded! Going on and on how I was a dumb bitch and some other things I can't recall until he got to "stupid *n-word* always trying to take my money!" I looked at him, looked down at me, and said "you are aware that I am a VERY WHITE chick? Not even a tan! REALLY sir?!?" he just grumbled, paid his stuff and left. My CW and I were cracking up! I'm not condoning using that word but if you must use it correctly!
              Now, if you smell the roses but it doesn't lift your spirits, you're either allergic to rose pollen or you need medical intervention. ~ Seshat

Comment

Quoth EricKei View Post
                ..."customer" ?

I believe the word was nigger.
                The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

"Do they know it's New Years . . ."
                  Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

Quoth fireheart17 View Post

I believe the word was nigger.
                    Huh. That would never have occurred to me I mean, if there was ever a word more foul that the N-word, surely it must be (the second-worst) C-word...
                    "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                    "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                    "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                    "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                    "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)

Comment

1) "Oh, well, alright ma'am, but every other hotel in the city is booked full rightnow!" (Even if it weren't, I'd have said it just to mess with her!)

2) I'll bet with all that bullshit spewing they complained about the next room too!

3) At that point, you hand him is money back and refuse service, and call the cops if he doesn't leave. No way should you have to put up with that!!
                      "And though she be but little, she is FIERCE!"--Shakespeare

Comment

ya in my opinion that would be the time to say, "Here's your money back. Leave."

Comment

Quoth BrenDAnn View Post
                          3) At that point, you hand him is money back and refuse service, and call the cops if he doesn't leave. No way should you have to put up with that!!
                          Precisely. You giving him his money back = he is NOT a customer = he has no legitimate reason to be there. If you've asked him to leave and he refuses, that makes him a Trespasser at that point.

Comment

Working...
                          X