X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oh Boy...

Shut. Up.

Okay, I look young. I know I do. I'm twenty years old and people still get smart about how I look but this guy just got on my nerves really bad because he didn't sound like he was joking at all.

Me: Good morning!
    SC: Are you even old enough to work here?
    Me: Yes, I am.
    SC: Are you sure? Because you look awful young.
    Me: I'm fairly certain, sir.
    SC: You look twelve.
    Me: Well I'm twenty.
    SC: TWENTY? No way. But I wouldn't put it past [company] to hire twelve year olds. I don't believe you're twenty.
    Me: Would you like to see my driver's license?
    SC: ....no....

Funny how they always seem to shut up when I offer that.

Thanks for telling me...again.

Old man: Doing the trash?
    Me: I like it, it gives me a work out.
    OM: Isn't that a man's job?
    Me: If I see one, I'll let him know.

Hooray, New Year Present!

Some dipwad wrote "PA sucks, who's Jimmy?" on our men's room stall door today. 1. If you're going to write something on our stall door, make sure you write something coherent. 2. Please, for the love of all that is holy, please could you make it interesting? 3. Get a damn life and stop being so freakishly childish. Writing on stall doors is for craptastic outdoor bathrooms at shitty little convenience stores. Does my cushy, indoor, beautiful bathroom look like your art board?

Wut???

My coworker, E, was making himself useful yesterday and ringing a lady out. SC asks for a pack of cigarettes and he goes over to get them. When he's bending over, the band of his Fruit of the Looms peeks out over his skinny jeans like always (it's hard to keep that from happening but it's not like he's got baggy pants down to his knees.) He tells her to have a good day like he always does to customers when the place is real busy. He's kinda like a worker on an assembly line, every customer gets the exact same treatment and wording when we're busy.

She leaves the store and walks out to her car before CALLING THE STORE PHONE and telling the other clerk to get a manager to COME OUTSIDE. When our Deli manager comes outside the woman lets her have it over how appalling she thought the band of Eric's undies was and how "disrespectful" she thought he was. Of course, when Deli Manager returns and rips him a new one, E has literally no idea what she's talking about and honestly doesn't remember that customer from the rest of them because he doesn't remember treating her any differently.

Methinks she made the manager go outside so E couldn't defend himself against her stupid allegations. Ten bucks says she was trying to get something for nothing.

Tidbits from the pumps:

These are the things people say after we answer the "Speak to an Attendent" button on the pump with "How may I help you." These are in order of frequency.

1. "It says that I can only get Diesel. I want REG-U-LAAAR."
    2. "Can I pump before I pay?"
    3. "Why isn't this working?"
    4. "How do I get it to start?"
    5. "Can you come out here and do this for me?"
    6. "The thingy in the thing won't read the thing."
    7. "WHY WON'T MY CARD WORK!?"
    8. "Gift card?"
    9. "GARRRRBAAAAHHHHKKKOOOOPPPGHKEEOOOOPPPKKAAAWWEEEEE !!!"
    10. "Hey hon, this is probably stupid but my hands just aren't what they used to be, could you be a sweetheart and pump my gas for me?" (YES I CAN MISTER AWESOME CUSTOMER WHO TIPS.)

COMPLIMENTS

We're 3rd ranked for the most customer complaints and we got a significant compliment yesterday that our manager put on the bulletin board. They said (with PERFECT spelling and grammar) that the employees at our store were full of personality, compassion, and professionalism. They stated they love to come to our store because we're always on our toes about keeping the place tidy and well-run. And it's TRUE. Must have been a regular, I say, because most of the people who complain don't see how hard we work and just want to be knit-picky about their "gas station experience."

The guy questioning your age was really stupid, since it's illegal to hire 12 year olds.

Me: If I see one, I'll let him know
    So that's what I'm doing wrong! Now, where do I find a guy to take my garbage out every week?

And the woman complaining about your co-worker's underwear....skeevy bitch was paying pretty close attention there, huh?
    When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Quoth Gaki View Post
      Me: If I see one, I'll let him know.
      We would have also accepted "Okay. Here ya go. Dumpster's around back."
      "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
      "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
      "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
      "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
      "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
      "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
      Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
      "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

If your friend tucked in his shirt or wore an undershirt and tucked that in, it'd solve the picking underwear problem.

That being said, it's pretty stupid and as a PP said, skeevy, of the woman to make such a big deal about it. I'm guessing that no butt crackage showed, given your description of the situation.
        Don't wanna; not gonna.

Comment

Quoth Gaki View Post
          4. "How do I get it to start?"

"I'm sorry, Sir/Ma'am, I am unable to help you with getting your brain restarted. You'll need to see a Neurologist."

Quoth Gaki View Post
          They said (with PERFECT spelling and grammar)......

Awright, which one of Ya sent that?

Mike
          Meow.........

Comment

Quoth JustaCashier View Post
            Awright, which one of Ya sent that?
            I just got this mental image of the entire CS.com membership standing up and shouting "I AM SPARTACUS!" for some reason
            "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
            "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
            "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
            "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
            "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
            "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
            Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
            "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

But I am. ;P

Comment

I'm not.

However, I would have passed him the garbage, too.
                Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

Oh boy is right. I, as a fellow convenience store worker, completely sympathize with you. I look young too, though not THAT young. I have gotten comments about how "I'm older than you!" to which I get to reply "Just a few weeks/months. I'm twenty-nine." I love the looks on their faces when I say that. As for the lady looking at your coworker's undies...Wrong. Just wrong. Find something REAL tom complain about. Oh, trash is a man's job? Tell that to my female manager, who busts her ass at work and at home and has been working with the C-Store for 21 plus years. She'd laugh the guy right out of the store! The pumps...ugh. I realize gas pumps are different in each c-store chain but seriously...Learn to run the pump, or don't use it. It's not that hard. I do love it when I go out, pop a customer's credit card that "won't reaaaaaaaaad!" into the pump, and it takes right away. Their face of shock makes my day every time! Oh yes and restroom graffiti guy? We only had that once, when our walls in the women's room were falling apart just before the restrooms were remodeled. People apparently have no lives if they have to do that stuff!
                  "And though she be but little, she is FIERCE!"--Shakespeare

Comment

Quoth Gaki View Post
                    Shut. Up.

Okay, I look young. I know I do. I'm twenty years old and people still get smart about how I look but this guy just got on my nerves really bad because he didn't sound like he was joking at all.

SC: TWENTY? No way. But I wouldn't put it past [company] to hire twelve year olds. I don't believe you're twenty.

You know, when I was 20, at least 3 people thought I was 12, too?

I was traveling on a Greyhound bus cross-country [and by the way, if I truly was 12, I would have had to sit up right next to the driver, they don't just let unaccompanied minors sit where they want ], and this woman behind me that one of the boys sitting next to me [one was 11, the other was 13] "had a crush on me."

Then I found out she, and the boys, honestly thought I was 12. When I was 20. The woman even said that she would have let me play Barbies with her 7-year-old daughter. WTF?
                    "And so all the night-tide, I lie down by the side of my darling, my darling, my life and my bride!"
                    "Hallo elskan min/Trui ekki hvad timinn lidur"
                    Amayis is my wifey

Comment

Quoth Gaki View Post

Dude, seriously. I know, women are supposed to be flattered when you insist they must be younger than they are. And that is true, for a given value of 'true'. I know my almost-41-year-old self was ten kinds of thrilled when I got asked for ID a few weeks back for buying alcoholic beverages. (And not because of any 'ID if they look under 80' policy, but because they really thought I might be borderline too young, woo!)

It's when you start insisting that she's underage that YOU start to look REALLY creepy.

Dude's schtick needs work.
                      What colour is the sky in your world and how high of a dosage do you need before it turns back to blue? --Gravekeeper

Comment

Quoth Gaki View Post
                        1. Hook fingers of gloved left hand behind Bozo's upper teeth (or where they once were).
                        2. Step on lower jaw with booted right foot.
                        3. Empty garbage in to gaping maw.
                        4. Close maw, purse Bozo's lips.
                        5. Secure pursed lips with nylon tie-wrap to prevent garbage spewing from Bozo's mouth.
                        6. Smile like and happily .
                        Last edited by dalesys; 01-02-2011, 05:37 PM.
                        I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                        Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                        Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Quoth Eisa View Post
                          [and by the way, if I truly was 12, I would have had to sit up right next to the driver, they don't just let unaccompanied minors sit where they want ]
                          Why not? That's what the driver my brother was with when he was 13 did.

Actually, another passenger offered to watch after him. Which is a good thing, since there was a car fire that closed the road for a while, and when the bus got moving again, the driver left half a dozen people (my brother and his volunteer caretaker among them) stranded at the side of the road in the middle of the California desert.

^-.-^
                          Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Left the child stranded? I do hope he lost his job.
                            Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

Oh, I imagine that the other 5 or so people he abandoned at the side of the road had a bit of help with that.

Wonder if that's part of the reason there's no longer a Greyhound station in that town.

^-.-^
                              Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Working...
                              X