This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New level of suck at BK!

My first shift of the new year was yesterday and low and behold we get hit with a new level of suckage. Twice....

Back in july or august(I forget when, but I do remember it happening) one of the kids was handing out a couple of sodas to some SC in a high dollar suv, the SC fumbled the drink dumping in on her suv and all over the car door. The Mod being the nice person she is(and she is) had her pull forward and when out to help her clean it up. All said and done one thinks...Oh hell no...

Yesterday, everyone who was on shift that night had to fill out an incident report because now they are trying to sue BK saying that her door locks that just failed, are our fault...WTF?!? If it had happened with in like 2-4 weeks...I could see it. A month or two...maybe, but not really. Almost 6 months later. No fucking way.

The other highlight of suckage was this cow in a crown vic who was plucking her chin hairs while waiting for her food. Sad thing, there were 6-7 of us up front just watching her and she was so oblivious.

I hope every had a happy new years eve and hope that the coming year has much less suckage in it...

Someone spilled pepsi down the front of the lockers at work. Even though it was cleaned up, my lock has got harder and harder to open, as the soda has gotten stickier and stickier. Eventually, I couldn't open it, even with pliers turning the key.

WD40 fixed it PDQ.

If soda got in her lock, it would have made it stiff. But honestly, a car lock should be waterproof.

As for the second customer: Yuk!
    "I can tell her you're all tied up in the projection room." Sunset Boulevard.

Comment

Quoth cinema guy View Post
      Someone spilled pepsi down the front of the lockers at work. Even though it was cleaned up, my lock has got harder and harder to open, as the soda has gotten stickier and stickier. Eventually, I couldn't open it, even with pliers turning the key.

WD40 fixed it PDQ.

If soda got in her lock, it would have made it stiff. But honestly, a car lock should be waterproof.

As for the second customer: Yuk!
      WD40 will eventually dry & gum up,for locks (car & otherwise) you want graphite,which you can find at any hardware store.
      "If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous he will not bite you.This is the principal difference between a man and a dog"

Mark Twain

Comment

The car lock could be an electrical issue rather than a mechanical thing. Still, I would have expected a short to occur sooner than a mechanical gumming up of the works from soda syrup. If she had her mechanic open up the door panel and he found soda gunk gooing up the mechanism, though, it'd be kinda hard to fight.

As for plucking hairs in public... ick. Her nose probably had boogies in it, but you wouldn't think it was okay for her to be plucking those out at the drive-thru either. Maybe she could pop a few zits while she's at it? Scary thing is that she probably continued her little grooming ritual as she went down the road, not doubly distracted in her driving by trying to eat while plucking.
        Sorry, my cow died so I don't need your bull

Comment

The chin-plucker could be my sister. She keeps tweezers in her car for just such a purpose. She says she only seems to notice them when she is in her car. Yeah, it is sort of gross. So if you are in Oklahoma (even though I don't think she drives a crown vic), I apologize for her.

Comment

A Crown Vic sounds like it might have power door locks. If that's true, she may have ruined part of her electrical system. My sister left the windows down in the rain once on our old Caprice Classic, shorting out the door locks, which jammed them open and drained the battery flat in about two hours. The fix was pretty expensive.

My guess is, and I do so love making guesses like this, that your SC has spent the last several months going back and forth with her insurance company over this, and when they pretty much laughed in her face, decided to come back and blame y'all. Sorry.

Love, Who?

Comment

Quoth cinema guy View Post
              if her window was open and the soda slashed inside and outside of her car atr the same time, running down in between the door (ussually through where the window slides in and out while it is in the down position, then it is possible for it to get inside the door mechanism and interfere with the electirc locks. doesn't sound likely, but possible, the question is did they spill soda on her door, or in her door.

Best to send her to the insurance company who's adjusters will determine the cause of the issue and go from there. (that is let the insurance adjuster laugh at her for you)

The problem is that when something goes wrong with someone's car they emmediatly blame the last people who've touched it. person notices a scratch on their car (from 2 years ago) and they haul ass down to the local carwash to sue

Comment

But even if the problem was because of the drink, wasn't it the SC who spilt it in the first place?

Comment

Quoth Helix View Post
                  But even if the problem was because of the drink, wasn't it the SC who spilt it in the first place?
                  Yeah, that's what I was thinking. $5 says she told the insurance company that the employee threw her soda at her.
                  When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Quoth Helix View Post
                    Yes, but she wouldn't be an SC if she took personal responsibilty for her actions.

btw, to , Helix!
                    "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                    "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                    "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                    "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                    "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                    "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                    Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                    "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Working...
                    X