This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another Damn Senior Day: January 2011

Hey, old folks! I hope you made a New Year's Resolution to die to see you often this year.

Bwahahahaha, I was almost believing that myself.

First today, I got confused for a manager, which does have its advantages, but one of them is not being lectured for ten minutes about hearing aid batteries, or more specifically us not having the particular one some crotchety old fart needs. And I was about the fourth person to be subjected to her tirade.

Lady, just listen (oh snap, you can't, your hearing aid has a dead battery!) to me when I tell you we either don't carry it or may just be sold out of it at the moment. There's no need for you to keep telling me you can't find the one you need. You already told me the first time, and the second time, and the third, so telling me a 1,523rd time isn't going to make it magically appear.

Frankly, I can see some advantages to you not being able to hear. For starters, it might shut you up.

Later I get an outside call for furniture. And....

well, I'm used to dealing with angry people over the phone and in person. You don't make it long in retail before you do. What I'm not used to, though, is a profane, screaming, Sam Kinison shout-fest like the one I ended up getting. I should've known it would be bad when I had to jerk the reciever away from my ear as soon as he started screaming.The guy calling was mad because (these are verbatim quotes) he had a raincheck for a "fucking" kitchen chair, and he'd "fucking" been waiting two "fucking" months for his "fucking" chair, and he wanted to know if we "fucking" got the "fucker" in yet.

Sadly we did, about a week ago, and I tell him so. He angrily demands to know why nobody "fucking" called him (ummm, probably because the past week has been insane for returns and it just slipped the service desk people's minds) and he'll be in Saturday to pick up his "fucking" chair. I tell him I can't hold raincheck merchandise that long, only until the store closes tonight, or one more day at most.

"I don't fucking care! You are going to hold that fucking chair for as long as I want! If you're gonna make me wait two fucking months for it you can hold it until I decide to come in!" I tell him again I can't do that. I might hold this guy's chair longer if this his vocabulary didn't exist of mostly the F word, but he's being loud and abusive, so I'm cutting him no slack.

"Don't give me any lip! I have no time for this shit! You are going to hold that god damn chair for me until I can fucking come in to pick it up!" And this is where I tell him, politely but firmly, that I'm going to hang up if he can't calm down and cut out the sailor talk.

"#@*!!%$@?#*&%√$!!*&#%@!^$%#@?*&&*!$^#@! I !#&@*#^%@*&#($&#^@%!@&####^#*@¥#*!%£&#@!%&^%$$&^^& $%#$#%%^%^$%%#$%@$$^&%%&*%%&^$%#@$@%%*&*(&(%^&&$^& #$%@#@$#$##%^%*&$$%#UI^&***)()(%^%*^!" This shouted at me while I'm still holding the reciever away from my ear. He's so loud people passing by are giving me strange looks. A short distance away, some corporate people are going through the now-deserted walk-in clinic for some reason. So I hang up on the guy.

Unsurprisingly, he calls back, and tells the service desk person I don't know what I'm doing and should be fired (okay buddy, the line to get me fired starts waaaaaaay over there...). I get called again, and I get his chair out of the back and put it at the service desk because they decide to do the hold for him anyway.

As luck would have it, some other couple purchased the exact same kitchen chair right as I was dealing with this walking Thorazine advertisement, except they wanted four of them and we only had three left after I set aside the one for Mr. Pottymouth. They ended up filling out a raincheck for that extra chair. I would've given it to them right there, but I don't have the heart to make the service desk people deal with him in person if he does show up for that chair. They already got him twice on the phone, and he was just as abusive to them as he was to me.

Five more days of work in a row, at least. I'm never gonna make it.
    Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Wow. I'm flabbergasted. It's amazing this guy didn't pass out from the lack of oxygen to his brain from all the profanity. Here, have a beer and some cookies.

You have more restraint that I. I would have given the customers the chair, and when douchebag showed up, been all innocent like and said, "What chair?"
    They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
      I got confused for a manager.....
      I have absolutely no idea why, but when I first read that, my brain processed it as if one of the managers was unable to be confused, so out of the kindness of your heart, you opted to be confused in their place.

As far as chair guy; I dunno. It seems like even the calmest, most level headed person could be a bit cranky if they haven't been able to fuck for two months, since they didn't have a fucking chair....

Mike
      Meow.........

Comment

Quoth JustaCashier View Post
        I have absolutely no idea why, but when I first read that, my brain processed it as if one of the managers was unable to be confused, so out of the kindness of your heart, you opted to be confused in their place.

As far as chair guy; I dunno. It seems like even the calmest, most level headed person could be a bit cranky if they haven't been able to fuck for two months, since they didn't have a fucking chair....

Mike
        Damn, so that's what I'm doing wrong. I need one of those chairs....
        When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

I think a fucking chair would be uncomfortable.

A fucking kitchen table, on the other hand....

Comment

I'll have you know I'm working very diligently to earn my "Crotchety Old Fart" badge
            "If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous he will not bite you.This is the principal difference between a man and a dog"

Mark Twain

Comment

I think a fucking chair would be uncomfortable.
              No, no, a fucking chair would be great. Well, so long as you were using it for the appropriate activity.

Might not be so comfortable for, say, lounging, however.

^-.-^
              Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Unsurprisingly, he calls back, and tells the service desk person I don't know what I'm doing and should be fired (okay buddy, the line to get me fired starts waaaaaaay over there...). I get called again, and I get his chair out of the back and put it at the service desk because they decide to do the hold for him anyway.
                Hahahahahahaha! I so need that on a t-shirt or something.
                "If we refund your money, give you a free replacement and shoot the manager, then will you be happy?" - sign seen in a restaurant

Comment

Quoth MoonCat View Post
                  Damn, so that's what I'm doing wrong. I need one of those chairs....
                  Well, they DO make fucking swings...!
                  ~~ Every politician that opens their mouth on birth control only proves that we need more of it. ~~

Comment

Hey, old folks! I hope you made a New Year's Resolution to die to see you often this year.

Bwahahahaha, I was almost believing that myself.

First today, I got confused for a manager, which does have its advantages, but one of them is not being lectured for ten minutes about hearing aid batteries, or more specifically us not having the particular one some crotchety old fart needs. And I was about the fourth person to be subjected to her tirade.

Lady, just listen (oh snap, you can't, your hearing aid has a dead battery!) to me when I tell you we either don't carry it or may just be sold out of it at the moment. There's no need for you to keep telling me you can't find the one you need. You already told me the first time, and the second time, and the third, so telling me a 1,523rd time isn't going to make it magically appear.

Frankly, I can see some advantages to you not being able to hear. For starters, it might shut you up.
                    I assume crotchety old fart knows nothing about the store called Batteries Plus (they apprently have batteries for everything including the Space Shuttle and the ISS. I know we have at least one here in town) or Mall-Fart, or Walgreens or K-fart. but then I assume that the old fart just thinks the Clearance Swamp is the cats meow
                    I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
                    -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

There's no Batteries Plus in this town, and it's been a while since I've seen one.

Comment

Quoth Andara Bledin View Post
                        No, no, a fucking chair would be great. Well, so long as you were using it for the appropriate activity.
                        Saw (blanked out in parts) video of one once. Basically a man and woman sat in it facing each other and it did all the moving for you.

Yes, it is a Japanese invention. Why do you ask?

Rapscallion

Comment

he had a raincheck for a "fucking" kitchen chair, and he'd "fucking" been waiting two "fucking" months for his "fucking" chair, and he wanted to know if we "fucking" got the "fucker" in yet.

"Sorry, Sir, this store doesn't deal with sex toys, neither with Sexual inabilities nor call-girl services" [click]

Comment

Mmmmm. Obviously not.
                            I'm bringing disdain back...with a vengeance.

Oh, and your tool box called...you got out again.

Comment

So...

Sweary guy came in for his chair Wednesday night after I left...and was just as nice as can be to the service desk people.

And yes, it was the same guy. Or at least I'm told it was.

I think this guy needs a middle setting between "harmless kitten" and "devourer of souls and breakfast cereals."
                              Last edited by Irving Patrick Freleigh; 01-07-2011, 09:25 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X