This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RING RING! (x 432,954,943)

Uberboss is off work today having a wisdom tooth removed. I suspect he pickled it with festive liquor. That or it just wanted some fresh air away from his 3 pack Marlboro habit and is making a bid for freedom. Anyway, the important point is that he is not in the office and will not be in said office ALL DAY.

This concept was clearly a foreign one to Idiot Author.

9.15am
    Uberboss' phone rings. Usually I don't answer his phone because to be frank I have better things to do than hold his authors' hands. I have enough of my own to lead gently through the fragrant garden of publishing. However, the phone rang over 30 times and eventually I go round and answer it.

BB: Uberboss' phone.
    IA: Is Uberboss in?
    BB: No as should have been obvious from the five minutes you let the phone ring without Uberboss picking up, you monstrous imbecile
    IA: When will he be in?
    BB: Tomorrow. He is out all day.
    IA: Ok. Bye!

11.00am
    RING RING!!!!! (x at least 25 before my will cracked and I answered. )
    BB: Uberboss' phone.
    IA: Is Uberboss in?
    BB: No... he is out all day. We spoke earlier.
    IA: Oh yes, I just thought he might be in.
    BB: No...
    IA: Ok, bye!

12.20pm
    RING RING!!!!!
    BB: Uberboss is not in! (I recognised the caller ID and wanted to skip the pleasantries.)
    IA: When will he be back?
    BB: Tomorrow!!!!
    IA: Oh ok.

Ten minutes ago
    RING RING!!!!!
    IA: Is Uberboss...
    BB: Sir, Uberboss will not be in all day. He is having a wisdom tooth out. He is NOT COMING IN. I would appreciate it if you would stop calling as answering his phone requires me to stop work, but if I let it ring 30 times it disturbs my colleagues.
    IA: But...
    BB: Sir, there is no point ringing again today. He will be in tomorrow.

There are now bets being placed as to when he'll ring again. Uberboss needs to stop contracting books by mentals. Sigh.
    Saying I'm "turning down a sale" and thinking I give an airborne fornication – GUILTY – Irving Patrick Freleigh

Definately fits Einstein's definition of insanity . . .
    They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

I keep not getting why people who are clearly told that someone won't be available until a certain time keep trying to call, as if the person called would be lured back to work by the cry of their poor, lonely desk phone (mine has the old Batman TV series jingle as a ring, though).
      FABRICATI DIEM, PVNC

You're not a unique snowflake unless you create your own mould (Raps)

***GK, Sarcastro, Lupo, LingualMonkey, BookBint, Jester, Irv, Hero & Marlowe fan***

Comment

i'd suggest unplugging the phone or turning the ringer off.

or a voice mail system where you can put in an "out of office" message.

Comment

Update:

He rang again. I have taken the phone off the hook. DENIED!!!
          Saying I'm "turning down a sale" and thinking I give an airborne fornication – GUILTY – Irving Patrick Freleigh

Comment

what an idiot.
            are you going to warn the boss that the idiot called *back* 4 times?

Comment

I expect they keep trying because they don't believe the speaker, for whatever reason. They view claims that 'boss is out of the office' with the same eye as they would 'boss is in a meeting' - as a gatekeeper's trick. Of course, the fact that 99% of the time, it's absolutely true means nothing to them.
              The Case of the Missing Mandrake; A Jude Derry, Sorceress Sleuth Mystery Available on Amazon.

Comment

"But...I NEED to speak to UberBoss! COME-onnnnnn I NEEEEEEED to speak to bossyboss!"

"And I NEED you to STOP CALLING!"
                Oh wook at teh widdle babeh dwaggin! How cyuuute babeh dwag-AAAAAAAUUUGGGHHHH! *nom*
                http://jennovazombie.deviantart.com

Comment

And exactly what good does this author think talking to uberboss will be?

For crying out loud, he's whacked out on wowie sauce. (Uberboss I mean. Although author could be too) He'll be too out of it to make much sense.
                  Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Quoth BookBint View Post
                    Uberboss needs to stop contracting books by mentals. Sigh.
                    From what i've seen of the publishing industry, that would mean that nothing new would ever get published. All authors are bonkers
                    A person who is nice to you, but not nice to the waiter is not a nice person
                    - Dave Barry

Comment

Is that guy with the book about the Boring War...?

Sorry, I meant the Boer War.
                      When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Quoth C. Cecil Ivanish View Post
                        I keep not getting why people who are clearly told that someone won't be available until a certain time keep trying to call, as if the person called would be lured back to work by the cry of their poor, lonely desk phone (mine has the old Batman TV series jingle as a ring, though).
                        first... because the world DOES revolve around them, so obviously as soon as they are in dire need of assistance the Boss man must stop ALL he is doing and rush to their aid...[/sarcasm]

Second....You desk phone is so full of win I could just glomp you!

Quoth Barefootgirl View Post
                        All authors are bonkers
                        HEY! I resemble that remark!
                        "I'm not smiling because I'm happy. I'm smiling because every time I blink your head explodes!"
                        -Red

Comment

Quoth Red_Dazes View Post
                          first... because the world DOES revolve around them, so obviously as soon as they are in dire need of assistance the Boss man must stop ALL he is doing and rush to their aid...[/sarcasm]
                          Ah right, sorry, I forgot.
                          Quoth Red_Dazes View Post
                          Second....You desk phone is so full of win I could just glomp you!
                          I don't know who installed it, but sure I picked it and I am NOT going to change it!
                          FABRICATI DIEM, PVNC

You're not a unique snowflake unless you create your own mould (Raps)

***GK, Sarcastro, Lupo, LingualMonkey, BookBint, Jester, Irv, Hero & Marlowe fan***

Comment

Quoth PepperElf View Post
                            what an idiot.
                            are you going to warn the boss that the idiot called *back* 4 times?
                            Yes, please do. Be sure to mention that you told this lump that Boss would be out all day, *every single time*
                            "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                            "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                            "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                            "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                            "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                            "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                            Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                            "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Barefootgirl, I'm not bonkers. I'm just a failure.
                              Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

Working...
                              X