Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why?? Why can't people take responsibility for their choices?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Panacea View Post
    the discount I got on my car insurance..
    Similar here. My renter's in $12/mo or so/$145/yr with all fees included for 10kprop/100kpersonal/1kded (here where most insurance is beyond obscene -- The new year REDUCED the yearly rate on my ten-year old tank of a car to $900/yr for State Minimum, including all discounts, with no claims/tickets/etc affecting it), and it knocks $3 off of my car insurance each month, so it's basically a large combo meal with an extra side each month. I can live with that.
    Last edited by EricKei; 01-08-2011, 07:04 PM.
    "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
    "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
    "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
    "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
    "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
    "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
    Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
    "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Quoth ZedOmega View Post
      Yeah, but then you'd have the whole 'run from the police' thing, and I suck at parkour.
      However, considering the guy's a known problem to the police (three DUIs), they might just join you in playing "Human Piñata" with this moron.
      I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
      My LiveJournal
      A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Quoth XCashier View Post
        No you wouldn't. I daresay you'd enjoy it very much. Might even get carried away and start singing, "beat on the brat with a baseball bat, oh yeah..."
        Are we related?? My sister says that in exactly those words, all the time...(you'd have to know our neighbors, the Weasels...)
        When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Quoth blas View Post
          My renter's insurance went from $75 a year in 07-09 to $90 last year. I wonder if it's because these places just get older and older and are becoming hazardous or something!
          More likely more claims in your neck of the woods. You might look into bundling that with your car insurance--that may save you something.

Going back to the OP...I have a steady with rental property who requires renters' insurance. That's right: No insurance-no lease-no exceptions. She tells me that it protects everyone and screens out the bum tenants.
          Last edited by taxguykarl; 01-09-2011, 02:21 AM.
          I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
          -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

Quoth blas View Post
            My renter's insurance went from $75 a year in 07-09 to $90 last year. I wonder if it's because these places just get older and older and are becoming hazardous or something!
            Sounds like it's possible. Might not hurt to contact your insurance company and ask what factors or criteria they use for determining rates.

Or you can check around with several other companies to see what rates they offer on renter's insurance.

Reason why I say that is that my mom found that out when she switched her car insurance back in 2009. Her old company gave her one quote for $30K worth of coverage while the company she had switched to gave her a slightly lower quote for the same amount of coverage.

Also having a security system will give you a discount on renter's insurance, which we also found out. We received 10% off our annual rate just by copying and mailing them a copy of the installation certificate we received when we had our system hooked up.
            Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Quoth MoonCat View Post
              Are we related?? My sister says that in exactly those words, all the time...(you'd have to know our neighbors, the Weasels...)
              It's from a Ramones song.
              I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
              My LiveJournal
              A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Quoth Andara Bledin View Post

It starts with sucky parents. After a while (by 30 at the latest), anything they still can’t cope with is their own problem.

^-.-^
                I have a CW who is in their mid 30's and still calls mommy or daddy to help them. For example, they didn't maintain their car and ignore the signs that the battery was near the end of it's useful life (4 years at this point). When it wouldn't start they called their dad to come down to see why the car wouldn't start. They had no clue how to recognize a dead battery, even with other CW's telling them.

Comment

Working...
                X