This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Huh?!"

An angry father left a letter for a teacher at the front desk. I had the pleasure of reading it. The letter was typed, but I guess it would have killed this guy to hit spellcheck. The parent was complaining that his son had been removed from several lessons due to his bad behaviour. I know the child from this letter, and he is very badly behaved.

This is how the letter was typed.

"L am very angerly!"

Yes, he used a capital L instead of an I.

"You incluseded my sun from his lessoners that just shoes you cannot copping with his beehiviour it not fare that you incluse my sun from his freends sending him away is not the answerer L am not happy with this if L have to L will home skool him.

His mum is a sap but L am no sap so dnt think L am you will deel with me from now on

Bee wear L am no push over"

Can anyone translate? There was a post-it note on top of the letter that simply said "Huh?!" on it.

Um...

"I am very angry.

You excluded my son from his lessons. That just shows you cannot cope with his behaviour. It's not fair that you exclude my son from his friends. Sending him away is not the answer. I am not happy with this. If I have to I will homeschool him.

His mum is a sap but I am no sap so don't think I am. You will deal with me from now on.

Beware, I am no pushover."

I like how he uses something resembling "include" when he means something more like "exclude". Regarding those last two lines, I think he means you'll find him tougher to deal with than his wife. Is it a threat? I dunno.

Comment

"I'm sorry but we don't speak chav here."
      "We guard the souls in heaven; we don't horse-trade them!" Samandrial in Supernatural

RIP Plaidman.

Comment

His illiteracy shouldn't get in the way of getting his son an education or some help for his behavioural problems... if mum and dad are saps who let Junior get away with everything, that's a separate issue from illiteracy. :P

Comment

It is also a barely veiled threat from what i can tell.
          "All I've ever learned from love was how to shoot somebody who out-drew ya"

Comment

Whether or not he is functionally illiterate, he is clearly someone who does not understand the value of an education. He's threatening to homeschool his little juvenile delinquent? If this letter is a true example of his level of education, I'd almost say that's grounds for calling social services on him.

You could have fun with him, though. Send him this response:
            "Deer sur, you're kuncerns oar impotent to us. Whee will cull you ween whee ellocate sum won who specks you're naiteeve lunguage."
            Sorry, my cow died so I don't need your bull

Comment

Quoth EvilEmpryss View Post
              Whether or not he is functionally illiterate, he is clearly someone who does not understand the value of an education. He's threatening to homeschool his little juvenile delinquent?
              Now there's a threat worth calling child wellfare over. I can think of few things more damaging to a child than being educated by this waste of air.
              The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
              "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
              Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

Christ.

Clearly there needs to be a face to face meeting with the father and mother regarding the behvaiour of the child and why he is being excluded from lesson (i.e. his bad behaviour, and that it is not just 'teacher can't cope' but because his behaviour is unacceptable etc)
                A letter to the parents won't work as there is too much room for interpretation and it won't necessarily address the issues

Comment

Would it be wrong to red-pen the letter and send it back to him with an F minus??

Comment

Quoth shadowpanda View Post
                    A letter to the parents won't work as there is too much room for interpretation and it won't necessarily address the issues little chance that the parents will be able to read and understand it.
                    Fixed that for you.
                    Sorry, my cow died so I don't need your bull

Comment

Smells of prank to me...
                      Is it?
                      Please?
                      FABRICATI DIEM, PVNC

You're not a unique snowflake unless you create your own mould (Raps)

***GK, Sarcastro, Lupo, LingualMonkey, BookBint, Jester, Irv, Hero & Marlowe fan***

Comment

Quoth EvilEmpryss View Post
                        "Whee will cull you...."
                        I am entirely in favor of culling in this instance.
                        "Enough expository banter. It's time we fight like men. And ladies. And ladies who dress like men. For Gilgamesh...IT'S MORPHING TIME!"
                        - Gilgamesh, Final Fantasy V

Comment

If I have to I will homeschool him.
                          Yay for dumbing kids down?

oy.

Comment

Quoth Dave1982 View Post
                            "I'm sorry but we don't speak chav here."
                            Warning cheap shot, below the belt--You're insulting chavs, Dave.
                            Quoth figures View Post
                            Would it be wrong to red-pen the letter and send it back to him with an F minus??
                            I would think not. Education is important.
                            I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
                            -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

I was home-schooled for most of my life. It wasn't really very much help, as it turns out, because mother didn't actually bother to teach very frequently. I found high school and college much more informative, after I fought with her for the right to attend. Come to think of it, it was also in many ways her fault that I had to drop out of college. The woman resented that I put college studies before serving her.
                              Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

Working...
                              X