X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I may be an internet celebrity. Well, my ass anyway

I got a new job in October (yay).

Until July I'll be in training, in an actual class room.

When I'm not in the class room we're out on "field trips" watching real work being done by real crews.

There are 16 of us plus 2 instructors so I'm sure it looks strange when we're all together just watching 3 people work.

The other day we're out and about and some guy approaches us.

Guy "Geez, you guys have enough help?"
    Instructor "Nah, if you want to help out come on over"
    Guy "Is this why my bill's so high?"
    Instructor "Yup"

Guy walks off. I've had my back to him the whole time, but a class mate across from me says "What's he doing now?"

Well, he pulled his phone out and was snapping a picture of us.

Guy "This'll be on Facebook tonight!!"

So, yeah, my backside was facing him, so it may be on Facebook getting made fun of.

We've been told to expect this kind of stuff often. We actually are going to have a few days of training for dealing with irate customers, so yay?

My ass may actually be an internet celebrity already. Though not in quite the same way......

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
    Still A Customer."

Comment

on the new job.

As for that weirdo with the phone, how does he expect new people to learn the trade? Some things you just can't teach in a classroom.
      I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
      My LiveJournal
      A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Oooo, Facebook!!! I'm scared, really scared!!!
        When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Quoth XCashier View Post
          As for that weirdo with the phone, how does he expect new people to learn the trade? Some things you just can't teach in a classroom.
          It probably never occurred to the guy that you need to be class-trained, as well. Tho, to be fair, minus half a point to the teacher for not telling the guy that (the teacher) was just messing with him.

One lesson I will be glad to share with you right now, courtesy of the construction peeps who recently finished construction of an overpass that runs near my office (close enough that the pile drivers made my desk shake)...When building support columns, use REAL concrete, not qwik-krete/fast-drying concrete mix out of a bag. That stuff doesn't support things like concrete roadways and cars very well. That lesson was learned very well when the onramp's support columns started cracking within THREE HOURS of the overpass first opening. Fortunately, they had only skimped on a few columns, and so the supports were re-built properly within a few days. Afaik, no injuries, either (thank Goodness)
          "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
          "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
          "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
          "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
          "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
          "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
          Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
          "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

I'm sorry to tell you this, man, but with all the other asses (both literal and figurative) out there on the internet, I don't think yours has much chance of becoming a sensation.

Now, if he YouTubed it, and you were singing out of it, THAT might get you sensation status.
            Sorry, my cow died so I don't need your bull

Comment

Working...
            X