X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Latest Collection From Hell

I Am NOT A Dog

These two women were so rude that two customers behind them commented on their behaviour afterwards. I started ringing their stuff up and bagging it, then picked up a hat to scan, and one of the women starts making wild hand gestures at me.

Me: What's wrong?

Woman: NOT IN THERE IN HERE! *Starts clicking her fingers and pointing from one bag to another*

Me: Ok, fine.

Woman: Stupid girl, no common sense, etc etc

Me: XX.XX please

Woman: Here stupid girl

Me: Have a nice day *thinking "bitch!"*

Why Can't You Put It Back?

I'd just straightened an aisle which had previously looked like a hurricane had gone through it. Stuff was all over the floor, pegs were thrown everywhere, and nothing was in its right place. It took 90 minutes to tidy it, and as I turned to walk away I saw a woman take something off the shelf and just throw it onto a different shelf when she decided she didn't want it.

You Bought It, Used It, And Now You Want To Return It?

So, a woman came to my till with some snow decorations from Christmas, and wanted to return them, without a receipt. Our return policy for a refund is 7 days, and you must have your receipt. I said no, she wouldn't listen and asked for a manager. I got a manager, who told her the same as I did. She left, saying she'd never shop with us again. Oh well.

If Your Kids Are Upset And Tired, Take Them Home Not To Us!

I counted no less than 15 tantruming children and screaming babies during the first half of my shift today. No, it is not the kid's fault that it is tired, hungry or whatever, but for God's sake show some consideration for the child, staff, and other customers and take them home and sort them out!

Heh, Pwned

My one tale of vengeance from the day. A woman came up to my till with at least 7 packs of medicine and tablets containing paracetamol. By law, we are only allowed to sell 3 packs of anything containing paracetamol to someone.

Me: I'm sorry, but I can only sell you 3 packs of these by law. Which would you like?

Woman: I BEG YOUR PARDON?

Me: I can only legally sell you 3 of these, so you need to choose which you want.

Woman: Come now, let's not be silly about this, just put them through as separate transactions.

Me: I'm sorry but I can't, I could lose my job over that. (True)

Woman: I DON'T CARE ABOUT YOUR JOB! USELESS! I AM THE CUSTOMER!

Me: I can't do it, end of. (Yes, rude on my part maybe, but I was losing what little patience I had left!)

Woman: YES YOU CAN AND YOU WILL! I AM THE CUSTOMER AND YOU WILL DO AS I SAY! I AM THE CUSTOMER!

Me: *losing it completely* And I am the one telling you no. I am also the one now refusing service to you, go to another register please.

And that's the lot. I am on a diet and craving chocolate!!!

(offers a Lindor truffle)

Good heavens, some people are just complete and utter bitches. Bet they'd be utterly appalled if someone treated them the way they treated you. And naturally, they'd miss the lesson in it.
    I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
    My LiveJournal
    A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Quoth Miss_Stress View Post
      (snip)
      She left, saying she'd never shop with us again. Oh well.
      Man, if I had a nickel for every time I heard someone say that... I'd have a ton of nickels. The funny thing is, because I live in a small town, there aren't that many places to shop, so it ends up being the SAME people who say it over and over again. Just once I would like someone to actually follow up on that 'threat'.

Oh, and chocolates...

"Kamala the Ugandan Giant" 1950-2020 • "Bullet" Bob Armstrong 1939-2020 • "Road Warrior Animal" 1960-2020 • "Zeus" Tiny Lister Jr. 1958-2020 • "Hacksaw" Butch Reed 1954-2021 • "New Jack" Jerome Young 1963-2021 • "Mr. Wonderful" Paul Orndorff 1949-2021 • "Beautiful" Bobby Eaton 1958-2021 • Daffney 1975-2021

Comment

I agree. It would be wonderful if people would stop shopping when they say they will.

And as for that great shutdown in the end, the only thing missing was the term "The law says . . ." Wonderful.
        Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

hmmm not sure where you live but ovaltine is chocolate, and has vitamins, they also make calcium chews that are chocolate flavored. So neither one would be bad for a diet....just saying...(it's never good to cut out something totally, you feel deprived and are more tempted to go off your diet-my ex-MIL was a dietician)
          Honestly.... the image of that in my head made me go "AWESOME!"..... and then I remembered I am terribly strange.-Red dazes

Comment

Little chunk of unsweetened baker's chocolate might do the trick. Also, Russell Stover makes some very, very nice chocolates and chocolate candy without any sugar in them. It's real chocolate.

Has a bit of a laxative effect for a lot of folks, so go easy until you see how your tummy reacts to them.

Comment

Get your self some 85% cacao chocolate, it will satisfy the caving and lower you blood pressure.
              "Of all the liars in the world, sometimes the worst are your own fears." – Rudyard Kipling

I don't have hot flashes. I have short, private vacations to the tropics.

Comment

I Am NOT A Dog
                I would have closed the till, or make a call to management or security. There is no way in hell that I would accept somebody insulting me!

Comment

Yeah, you want to be careful with sugar-free anything. It will usually have sorbitol as a sweetener, which is a laxative in high doses...

So don't have too much of sugar-free anything unless you are looking to get a laxative.
                  My Guide to Oblivion

"I resent the implication that I've gone mad, Sprocket."

Comment

Quoth El Pollo Guerrera View Post
                    Just once I would like someone to actually follow up on that 'threat'.
                    And every time they threaten that, you can say (with a straight face) 'Is that a promise, or will I see you two days from now?'
                    Last edited by Salted Grump; 01-09-2011, 11:25 AM. Reason: Missing word.

Comment

Quoth Tama View Post
                      Yeah, you want to be careful with sugar-free anything. It will usually have sorbitol as a sweetener, which is a laxative in high doses...
                      It's not even the sorbitol, necessarily -- good dark chocolate has very little sweetener of any kind added to it, and it has lots of theobromine because it has lots of cocoa in it. Theobromine has a caffeine-like effect on the nervous system. Eat too much of it and your intestines (among other things) will start getting twitchy. I know that if I eat a square of anything over 80% cocoa I start to get the jitters. Haven't experimented with it to see how much has a laxative effect, but I doubt it would be very much...

Comment

funny isny it?

Paracetamol inst regulated like this over in the states, but you can buy codine over the counter in the uk.

Its crazy....

Comment

Quoth Flying Grype View Post
                          Quoth Tama View Post
                          So don't have too much of sugar-free anything unless you are looking to get a laxative.
                          It's not even the sorbitol, necessarily -- good dark chocolate has very little sweetener of any kind added to it, and it has lots of theobromine because it has lots of cocoa in it. Theobromine has a caffeine-like effect on the nervous system. Eat too much of it and your intestines (among other things) will start getting twitchy.
                          So you're saying that eating lots of sugar-free, high-cocoa content chocolate will not only ease my chocolate cravings, it'll help me lose weight... one way or the other?

Boy, the people who abuse laxatives have got it all wrong.
                          Sorry, my cow died so I don't need your bull

Comment

Quoth artcurmudgeon View Post
                            funny isny it?

Paracetamol inst regulated like this over in the states, but you can buy codine over the counter in the uk.

Its crazy....
                            Paracetamol (or acetaminophen aka Tylenol to us Americans) is one of the most dangerous drugs you can buy. More than 4 grams a day (or more than 2 extra strength Tylenol every six hours) can lead to toxicity and liver failure.

I can't tell you how many patients I've seen for this in the ER . . . often unaware of how dangerous it s.

You can buy codeine over the counter in Canada, too. It's one of the things I miss about living in North Dakota: they had a blend of codeine (15mg), tylenol and caffeine that was great for my migraines.
                            They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

Quoth Miss_Stress View Post
                              I Am NOT A Dog
                              This story had me thinking violent thoughts which cannot be expressed here. I guess this will have to do for now: This definitely calls for refusing service!

Why Can't You Put It Back?
                              Again,

I'm glad your manager upheld the policy. And yeah, I wish they'd keep their promise of "never shopping here again"!

If Your Kids Are Upset And Tired, Take Them Home Not To Us!
                              Ugh! But I'm not surprised, they don't care about the employees, the other shoppers, or even their own kids.

There was a woman in my store who was carrying a baby in an infant seat, and the baby was crying nonstop, but she couldn't be bothered to take care of the baby. She was too busy trying on clothes, and was in no particular hurry either!

Heh, Pwned
                              Yay, I love those little victories! And the only useless one here is that
                              cu[nt]stomer! The world would be better off without that piece of shit!

And that's the lot. I am on a diet and craving chocolate!!!
                              Screw the diet, have that chocolate. You sound like you need it!
                              Steven Slater ROCKS! So does James Jones!

The world is an asshole contest...and EVERYONE'S A WINNER!

Comment

Working...
                              X