This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No...

No, I don't know when the Christmas shit is going to be marked down again.

No, I don't know where to get this information.

No, I don't know when it was last marked down, in case you were trying to time the next markdown going off that.

It isn't a matter of can't or won't. I hope you liked my answer: "I won't tell you because I can't."

Even if I did know when it was going to be marked down again, I wouldn't tell you. We are a retail store. We exist to sell stuff for as much as we possibly can, not for what you feel like paying.

Yes, I can tell you're obnoxiously cheap. Do your own legwork.

I was asked the above question at least five times today in person and once over the phone.
    Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

I had a lady come in the other day asking when we were gonna have another markdown on our clothes, because in her words "your prices are unbareable" all the while thumbing through a rack of $9.99 crap. Seriously. This stuff was $25-$40 about a month ago...but new season is coming in so winter is over out here...so its all on sale...but $9.99 is too much? :confused
    Cruise Ship Brilliance: "Do the elevators go to the front of the ship?"

Comment

For some people, free is too much: you ought to pay THEM to haul it away.
      They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

Quoth Panacea View Post
        For some people, free is too much: you ought to pay THEM to haul it away.
        Exactly. My theory is that the average consumer wants everything for free. Food, cars, houses, education, you name it...they want it free, delivered on a silver platter along with a marching band and a bottle of Dom Perignon, and they want it NOW!NOW!NOW!
        When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Hell, I remember selling all-cotton men's turtlenecks for 1.99 each...and these were NICE shirts! (Hudson's Dept. Store was not a cheap store either...)
          One bitch of a customer wanted 20 of them, each on its own hanger in it own plastic garment bag (not the expensive ones for suits, but still a pain to do for 20 shirts!)
          For a $40 dollar sale it took me almost 20 minutes to handle that transaction, while folks were lining up behind her.

Hell, I've had customers who bought $600 leather coats who said 'oh, no big deal...just fold it up in a bag and I''ll take it' rather than letting me hang it and cover it nicely.

Sometimes, the cheaper the item, the more services/extras folks want to go along with it!!!
          I no longer fear HELL.
          I work in RETAIL.

Comment

That reminds me of when I used to work for Terry, a $60 (plus tax) game would come out and people would be absolutely shocked that it wasn't $20 or less. When we got in a new release game we dropped the price by $10-$15 depending on the game type/system it was for, example: Halo Reach in the store: $60 plus tax, us: $50 flat.
            ......../\
            ....../__\
            ..../\...../\
            ../__\../__\

Comment

Working...
            X