This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wake up calls

Saturday morning a guest complained to the front desk that she did not get her wake up call. In order to cover our asses on things like this, we have our phone connected to a dot matrix printer. Every time we enter someone's wake up call, it logs when it was entered. It aslo logs when wake up calls were sent and whether or not the phone was answered.

See where this is going? Supervisor checked said log and saw that I entered the wake up call at 1 in the morning and went off at 4:50. It shows that the guest in that room picked up the phone. I think she was trying to scam out of a discount.

On another note, the other day we had a guest named James Bond check in.
    To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Quoth Mr Hero View Post
    Did you check him into room 007?
    I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
    My LiveJournal
    A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Did he want a martini shaken not stirred?
      Accountant by trade, Night Auditing Drunksitter by choice.

Comment

Was he able to seduce you into his bed and end up getting a night free?

Comment

It shows that the guest in that room picked up the phone.
          Maybe she's a sleepwalker...

a guest named James Bond check in.
          Was he able to get away after he and the villains coming after him trashed the room?

Comment

That's almost as much fun as the folks complaining because the wake up call keeps trying to...wake them up.

Did Mr. Bond pay with 100 dollar bills?
            A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

Quoth Mr Hero View Post
              Did he bring Pussy Galore, or was it just a Goodnight?
              Sorry, my cow died so I don't need your bull

Comment

One of our phone techs had a similar issue with a support call -- Call came in yesterday afternoon, tech called when it came up in the queue, no answer, she left a voicemail. Tech called again first thing this morning, same deal. An hour later, client calls me, halfway shrieking, claiming that Tech had never called her at all, and that someone was there in-store both times. I confirmed that we had the right contact number twice before I hung up and contacted the Tech.

Note that I am inclined to believe Tech, she's been doing this for 20+ years and has a really good rep amongst customers. From what we figure, nobody checked the voicemail, and their phone system just gives you VM if someone is already on the line...Best part: Their problem was resolved in ten minutes once Tech DID get them on the phone -- easy call ~_~
                "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Quoth EricKei View Post
                  From what we figure, nobody checked the voicemail, and their phone system just gives you VM if someone is already on the line...Best part: Their problem was resolved in ten minutes once Tech DID get them on the phone -- easy call ~_~
                  Ug, that seems to always be the case on my email or voicemail tickets. The easier the resolution, the harder it will be to get ahold of the user.
                  The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
                  "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
                  Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

She probably picked up the phone more or less still asleep and didn't remember. I've done this. I've actually shut off my alarm and had no memory of it, only figured it out because someone else heard it go off that day, or in another case clearly remembered setting it the night before.
                    When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Quoth Daemonmonkey View Post
                      Maybe she's a sleepwalker...
                      Sleeptalker, possibly?

Comment

I worked for 2 hotels back in the day and had the exact same setup.

With the exact same SC's.

Always they would demand to know why we didn't set up an alarm when the paper clearly stated that it was done. When I would set them, I'd call attention to the customer and punch in the numbers.

No way they couldn't forget that ...or could they?

Comment

Working...
                        X