This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• all lies

So I quit my job as a housekeeper and went back to the student union. I now work in a candy/popcorn store. Also the store is run by a new company.So I now have two bosses. Mary is all business and no nonsense and Sally is sweet and will talk to ya all day. So one day I'm stopped by Mary and she says that she has gotten complaints that my doors are always closed and I'm always taking breaks.And the person said that I'm taking bathroom breaks all the way downstairs.(two levels down) I told her that all was lies and if I do take bathroom breaks I use the bathroom 6 feet down the hall from me.
    So she says I'm not allowed to go downstairs to go the the bathroom and if I have to go I have to find someone to give me a break. I just walked away annoyed case first off I work 5 hours a day,so I dont even take a break of any kind. So a few days later my other boss Sally tells me that she was told that I never have any popcorn is made (as I'm standing by a machine overflowing with popcorn.Sally just laughed and said I told them that well that's funny cause shes always eating it when I walk in.
    So after work I go around the corner to get a drink.And here comes a cashier from the market(another store in the union). She says I got a complaint the other day about you.They said that you never make popcorn anymore.Why dont you make it anymore? I told Sally about it and told her that it was probadly true cause I dont smell it anymore.I lost my shit. I screamed I dont know whose making these lie up but they are gonna stop today. Her shoe almost caught on fire she ran away so fast.
    So later that day I told some of the other workers at the union about it and they all went to Sally and told her that was being said was all lies. So the next day Sally comes in and tells me that she tracked down the complainer(big surprise they were all from the same person). The complaint about no popcorn,they came in at 2:59 and I had already sold the last bag of corn.They thought I should had started a new batch,even though we close at 3:00. The complaint about being closed: they had seen me go in the store to put down my purse at 9:45 and of course assumed we were open(we dont open til 10:30). And then they seen me go down stairs to get some pretzels out of the walk in but first (big mistake) I went to the bathroom first.So she said she set the complainer straight. So see if Mary had investigated any of this first like Sally had she would have have known it was all lies.
    And of course I havent had a complaint since.

I don't know what it is about people that makes them think that telling lies or exaggerating about something just to get someone in trouble, really, what is that going to accomplish? In most work forces, it guarantees you a repuation and everyone is going to hate you. If you're an SC, you'll also get a reputation.

One woman felt the need to jeopardize my job and completely lie through her missing teeth and made up some crazy story about me (at the grocery store) and I ended up suspended because of it. I wrote a rebuttal, but it didn't do anything. I couldn't believe someone would do something like that.
    You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Something else that freaks me out, I forgot to add.That means the dumbass complainer would have had to follow me all the way downstairs. WOW

Comment

Quoth candyshopgirl View Post
        Something else that freaks me out, I forgot to add.That means the dumbass complainer would have had to follow me all the way downstairs. WOW
        Them is tasty pretzels!
        A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

Sucky customers make assumptions before getting any facts. That sucks.

Comment

Had a girl claim that I put my hands around her throat and choked her.

She did this knowing full well, since I myself had told her, that there were cameras everywhere in the store except the bathroom. Some people are just...

Comment

Sorry to hear that happened to you, especially from another employee who works in the same building as you.
              Back when I delivered pizzas, I had some stupid bitch claim that I pushed my way into her house. What happened was is that she paid with a check and I thought she had written it out for the wrong amount, so I leaned over to look at her receipt, realized I was wrong, then I left. When I got back to the store, the manager tells me that the stupid bitch had issued a complaint against me
              This lady is obviously fucked in the head. If I pushed my way into her house, I would've put my hands on her and "pushed" her. I did not even touch her.
              Anyway, as much as I wanted to go on the defensive and call her a liar, I was advised not to by friends, as management might think I was trying to cover something up. Ok I don't get that at all. When you are being falsely accused, of course you're going to go on the defensive and try to defend yourself. What the fuck do the idiot managers expect you to do? Going on the defensive doesn't prove that an employee did shit in my opinion.

Comment

That complainer was totally crazy. I know SCs lack common sense but this is just ridiculous. Make a new batch of popcorn one minute before closing?? I don't do anything one minute before closing except for tell people they're going to have to leave in one minute And it would have been nice if your CW's had at all tried to verify the complaints instead of just blindly accepting them as truth...
                !
                "For truth is always strange; stranger than fiction." -- Lord Byron

Comment

Sounds to me like this 'Mary' is not as no-nonsense as you imply. She has it in her head that this is cute harmless fun.
                  I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
                  -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

Sorry I should have stated: My boss mary and theres a cashier named mary too

Comment

This is when it really helps to be on good terms with your boss[es] and coworkers. I had someone call in to complain about me the other night and told my coworker I was extremely rude to her. My crime? I didn't magically make her Ventolin turn into the $4 Albuterol she thought she was getting. What a shame that all my pharmacy buddies laugh off complaints about my 'rudeness'
                      The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return.

Comment

Working...
                      X