This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have never been so insulted

A couple of stories about the delightful parents I have to deal with.

What's the point?

An under 12s football practice was going on in the hall. It was ten minutes before they were due to finish, when the buzzer went. It was a mother and her son, who was dressed in football gear.

M: I am here to drop my son off for football practice. We're a little late. Hahahahahaha!
    Me: Oh, well that finishes in ten minutes.
    M: Oh, I guess I shouldn't have spent so long on the phone. Hahahahahahaha!

She led her son inside.

Yeah, I'm sure that football practice is money well spent for her. Ten minutes later, when the kids were leaving, she was there, blabbering away on her phone.

And you are?

The buzzer went again, and a rather, well, rough looking man entered. He did not say a word to me, he just barged straight past and headed into the school. Luckily there was another set of doors he had to go through to get into the school, and I was able to lock them using a switch at my desk. He tugged on the doors a couple of times, turned around and raised his eyebrows at me. I simply stared back.

Man: Well? Aren't you going to let me in?
    Me: Not until you tell me who you are and what you are doing here.
    Man: Well that's very rude. I am here to pick up my son from practice. Is that OK?
    Me: All you had to do was say that to me, and not barge past without so much as looking at me.

At that moment, his son came through the door. The two of them went to leave.

Man: See? Picking up my son.
    Me: That's fine, but surely you must understand that I can't just allow complete strangers access to a school.

The man simply made a noise that sounded like "Pffffft!" and walked out.

The Insult

I have been called many things in my time, especially when I was at the pub. I have been called a bastard, a fucking retard, a prick and a c*nt, but nothing compares to this.

I was sitting at the desk, when I suddenly got a massive shock.

BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG!

A mother was punching the window! Rather than pressing the buzzer, or simply tapping the window, she was punching the window as if it had pissed her off. I opened the door.

Me: Please don't punch the window in future. There is a button you can push and I can let you in.
    M: Where?!
    Me: Right below where you were punching, and there is also a sign.
    M: Well I had to get your attention somehow!
    Me: Nearly breaking a window is not a good way to get my attention.
    M: Huh! You've just got an answer for everything, haven't you? I bet I could make you sound like a jerk if I worded things like you do!
    Me: Right. Just press the buzzer in future.
    M: Meanie!

That's right. I am a meanie.

Quoth customersruinmylife View Post
    ...M: Huh! You've just got an answer for everything, haven't you? I bet I could make you sound like a jerk if I worded things like you do!
    Me: Right. Just press the buzzer in future.

I wonder if she speaks to Eanie, Mienie and Moe that way.
    "All I've ever learned from love was how to shoot somebody who out-drew ya"

Comment

Ooh, good comeback!! He must have got that out of "101 Stupid Things To Say to People Who Have Just Pwned You"
      !
      "For truth is always strange; stranger than fiction." -- Lord Byron

Comment

Quoth Sheldonrs View Post
        I wonder if she speaks to Eanie [........] that way.
        I'm sure many women talk to their husband's penises.

Mike
        Meow.........

Comment

I kinda like this in response to the meanie comment.
          A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

M: Well I had to get your attention somehow!
            "Well, ma'am, we thought that a button to press and a sign right under it--both of which are directly in front of you--was a good way to do that. But then we forgot some people are stupid."
            When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Breaking the window would get her attention, all right; the attention of the local police. XD
              People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
              My DeviantArt.

Comment

My God, she called you a meanie? I'm so sorry that happened to you. Just know that some people are hate filled and cruel and nobody ever washed their mouths out with soap. Hopefully your self esteem isn't too injured.

By the way, I'm making fun of her, not you. I reread it and thought it might not be clear.
                It is a terrible thing to see and have no vision.
                -Helen Keller

I got this av from Court Records, made by Croik!

Comment

I am a meanie.
                  I don't even know who you are anymore!!!!!!
                  Unseen but seeing
                  oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                  There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                  3rd shift needs love, too
                  RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

You wouldn't happen to be a blue meanie would you?
                    Attached Files
                    I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
                    -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

Here's your sign.

Comment

...THEM'S FIGHTIN' WORDS!
                        "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                        "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                        "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                        "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                        "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                        "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                        Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                        "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

With a straight face I would have said

"That's MR. MEANY to you......................

poopy-face"
                          - They say nothing good happens at 2AM, they're right, I happen at 2AM.

Comment

"Funny.... You don't look blue-ish."

^-.-^
                            Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Quoth Andara Bledin View Post
                              "Funny.... You don't look blue-ish."

^-.-^
                              Wait! Hold your breath for a bit!

See! There, now he's blue....no, wait. Now its gone all purple-ish.
                              The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
                              "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
                              Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

Working...
                              X