This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i...know?

sooo...i sell lady's clothes. it's a pretty fun job and i actually haven't really had anything to complain about (which is why i haven't been here in a while. my bad!)

but this lady...oooooooo she annoyed me so much! she came in to exchange some pants that her hubby bought for her for christmas, no big deal. i showed her literally every style of pants in the store in her size, the size above, and the size below.
    "too much damage"
    "not enough bling"
    "too tight"
    "not tight enough"
    "not the right length" well, we can order them for you.. "oh really? hm. no."
    "not the right color"
    "the fading on these looks weird on the backs of my knees"

okay fine. so let's try some tops. we have more tops than jeans, so we should be able to find something, right?
    uuuuuugh

"i have a shirt that looks just like that" (heard this one a lot)
    "too young looking"
    "too old"
    "ooooo i like this one i'll try it on" ooo yay! "hm yeah i don't like how it shows off my love handles. OH! but it's not your fault! not your fault at all! you're totally not to blame for this!!!"
    uh. yeah. i know that. thanks for the...affirmation?

she ended up not exchanging anything and wound up actually liking the jeans she brought in to get rid of.

If you want to be happy, be. ~Leo Tolstoy

i'm on fb and xbox live; pm me if ya wanna be "friends"
    ^_^

Reminded me of a snippet from an episode of "Duckman" where they went camping...
    Duckman: "Too flat... too bumpy... too bright... too dark... too wet... too dry... too windy... too... What's the word I'm looking for?"

Cornfed: "Salty?"

Duckman: "Unbelivable. I give you the chance to be a star and what do I get? Fine, we'll go with SALTY!"
    "Kamala the Ugandan Giant" 1950-2020 • "Bullet" Bob Armstrong 1939-2020 • "Road Warrior Animal" 1960-2020 • "Zeus" Tiny Lister Jr. 1958-2020 • "Hacksaw" Butch Reed 1954-2021 • "New Jack" Jerome Young 1963-2021 • "Mr. Wonderful" Paul Orndorff 1949-2021 • "Beautiful" Bobby Eaton 1958-2021 • Daffney 1975-2021

Comment

*raises hand*

I have actually been your demon customer, where I went in to exchange something and wound up keeping the item I brought back, because I didnt like anything else in the shop. I did apologise a lot, and the girl was really nice about it, and I may even have tipped her off about this site
      A person who is nice to you, but not nice to the waiter is not a nice person
      - Dave Barry

Comment

I'm rather picky about my clothes, but I don't take store staff along for the ride! :P
        "You are beginning to damage my calm."

Comment

Ugh. I hate needy customers like that. We get them ALL the time. I can understand if you are about to spend $$$$ on a nice outfit, taking your time and being a little undecided, but when its a simple cotton t or sweater, its not THAT hard to make up your mind now, is it? Apparently for some, it is.

Comment

I wallow in my self pity by myself. I would never subject a poor salesgirl to my own insecurities and/or my picky taste in clothes.

I have tried on nearly every pair of jeans in my size at a store and have nearly left in tears because half of them didn't fit, others made my legs look like chumy little stumps, another pair made my butt look saggy, another pair made my ass look three times its size, another pair gave me thunder blunder thighs, another pair I couldn't get over my knees, another pair was too much excess material behind the knees, this pair is too baggy, this pair is too tight, oh gross a moose knuckle when I try these on.......and oh FARK I have to airdry all of them so they don't shrink OR buy an inseam size longer and have to get them altered and wait a week for my pants.

And I've also gone through the same rigomorale with shirts (oh good Lord, sausage arms! Hello Michelin tire man arms! Oh gross look at my pooch I am never eating again!). On shopping days like that, I end up not buying anything and go back on a different day, in a better mood, and find that stuff magically fits better and looks better.
            You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Quoth Green_Fairy View Post
              she ended up not exchanging anything and wound up actually liking the jeans she brought in to get rid of.
              wait what? whatta dunce!
              EDIT: barefootgirl, you are forgiven, mostly because you weren't a biatch about things.
              "Is it the lie that keeps you sane? Is this the lie that keeps you sane?What is it?Can it be?Ought it to exist?"
              "...and may it be that I cleave to the ugly truth, rather than the beautiful lie..."

Comment

i have no issue with picky customers; our store slogan is "fashion that fits," for pete's sake. we have jeans that fit almost every body type so we're used to people that are picky. but this woman... i dunno. it's almost like she was there just to make my life difficult. she even apologized a few times for making me run all over the store...right before asking for something. i dunno. maybe the stars were aligned weird that just made her seem extra annoying or something
                If you want to be happy, be. ~Leo Tolstoy

i'm on fb and xbox live; pm me if ya wanna be "friends"
                ^_^

Comment

Exactly. I think you said it right in the first post, GF-- the annoyingness came through, rather than genuine-ness or a bit o' the ditz that we all get on occasions (see: brain burps or oops subforum thingies.)
                  "Is it the lie that keeps you sane? Is this the lie that keeps you sane?What is it?Can it be?Ought it to exist?"
                  "...and may it be that I cleave to the ugly truth, rather than the beautiful lie..."

Comment

Working...
                  X