This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• another one here

Guest: Dave, I am afraid due to my finances, I cant come down there. This economy has hit us hard and so we are stuck here. I am devastated. I have been crying since six this morning. This is the most horrible thing that has ever happened to me. I cant begin to describe what I am feeling right now. Is there any way you can refund my deposit?

Me: yea we can do that. I should have it back on your card in a couple of days.

Guest: that's it?

Me: well is there anything else we can do for you?

Guest: did you hear tell you how traumatic this is for me? Arent you going to even acknowledge that?

Me: well we are very sorry to hear that....I

Guest: no, now you're patronizing me....I dont need this after the day I have had. You dont care. I have to get off this phone before I start crying again. This is so awful. How much more can I endure? (then she starts crying and hangs up)

Well ma'am, I'll be glad to personally pay you a thousand bucks if you quit breating for a day.

Comment

Good gourd. If that's the worst thing that's ever happened to her......

Mike
      Meow.........

Comment

Wow.
        Another unbelievable one from fantasy land.

Just what is the secret to attracting such crazies?
        Too tired of living and too tired to end it. What a conundrum.

Comment

OH for the love of Gord!!!

what more does this person want???? milk and cookies???? a big group hug???? a pat on the back cause THEY have financial problems????? a JUMBO box of virgin tissues made from penguin skin??? extra money back cause "I've had a hard day???"

sorry I can empathise but......... WTF
          I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
          -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

What is it about renting vacation homes that brings out the drama queen in these people? And this is the worst thing that's ever happened to her? I wish I had her problems!
            Steven Slater ROCKS! So does James Jones!

The world is an asshole contest...and EVERYONE'S A WINNER!

Comment

These vacation homes rent for thousands of dollars yes? So the deposit was probably quite substantial. Yet the return of the deposit didn't make her do a happy dance. Nice gratitude.

Wonder how she'd react if you took back the deposit and laid on the false sympathy instead. At least she'd feel better, right?
              A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

FEEL BAD FOR ME!!!!

No...

FEEL BAD FOR ME!!!!!!!!!!

Getting offended is a great way to avoid answering questions that make you sound dumb. - exmocaptainmoroni

Comment

OK, I don't get it. Deposits like this are often nonrefundable. She got hers refunded, no argument. He was nice to her. What else is Dave supposed to do for her?
                  They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

Quoth Racket_Man View Post
                    a JUMBO box of virgin tissues made from penguin skin???
                    Hey, I want a box of those!

No, what she WANTED was for Dave to make a big song and dance about how awful it was for her, because you know, when you're as SPESHUL as her, everyone must share in your every little feeling, rather than just getting on with their jobs in a professional manner.

I wish the worst part of my life was not being able to book a nice villa for my holiday.
                    A person who is nice to you, but not nice to the waiter is not a nice person
                    - Dave Barry

Comment

Quoth vacation_rentals_suck View Post
                      Guest: did you hear tell you how traumatic this is for me? Arent you going to even acknowledge that?
                      "Um... I'm sorry your financial situation has lead you to cancel your reservation and thereby caused our company to lose business, as my job now is in peril due to the loss of revenue?"
                      "Ignorance is no excuse for a law."
                      .................................................. ..................- Alfred E. Newman

Comment

Okay, I take it back- I'm not refunding you. WTH, people??
                        "You are beginning to damage my calm."

Comment

Guest: Dave, I am afraid due to my finances, I cant come down there. This economy has hit us hard and so we are stuck here. I am devastated. I have been crying since six this morning. This is the most horrible thing that has ever happened to me. I cant begin to describe what I am feeling right now. Is there any way you can refund my deposit?
                          boo freakin' hoo; if this is the worst thing she has to deal with it, she's damn lucky. she hasn't lost a home, or is in debt (that we know of) or is having trouble feeding her family.

sympathy level = 0
                          look! it's ghengis khan!
                          Sorry, but while I can do many things, extracting heads from anuses isn't one of them. (so sayeth the irv)

Comment

Quoth Panacea View Post
                            OK, I don't get it. Deposits like this are often nonrefundable. She got hers refunded, no argument. He was nice to her. What else is Dave supposed to do for her?
                            I'm wondering about that too?
                            I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
                            -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

He agreed too quickly. She didnt feel special enough. he should have mentioned how awful that was, said he'd see what he could do, then put her on hold for 5 minutes. when he came back he should have said 'Good news ma'am! I WAS able to get your deposit refunded.' See having to wait would have made her feel like it was hard to do and he had to really argue for it.

Comment

Working...
                              X